PDA

View Full Version : Random Bugs

kleamovich
January 12th, 2014, 15:01
Some of these bugs may have been random occurrences and may not happen again a few of these have happened for two sessions in a row.

1. This one has happened in my past two sessions. If any character would use the mood chat feature, certain player's would get console error messages and not being able to read what was said.

2. This one was a completely random bug and may not happen again. However, last night I had a player disconnect from my game. Upon reconnecting (with the same name that is used to connect) he lost control of his character. Everything was fixed by just releasing the character back to him.

3. Another random one here. One of my player's had his hotbar completely reverted during the session to a character that has been dead for awhile.

4. I was looking over some player's character sheets. When looking through their effects I noticed that some spells duration were off, for instance I have a player with Enlarge Person spell. His duration's were set up correctly, however, looking at them at my side instead of seeing 'MIN' on the effect line (where you type in what the effect does in the box where it says the duration), on the GM side of the screen that said 'HR'. However, when applying the effect to himself it would be the proper effect.

Blacky
January 12th, 2014, 15:23
You should precise what version are you using (like live 3.0.1 or test 3.0.2), and probably what platform. It could help JPG, debugging is hard, debugging without reproducing is already incredibly hard.

Nickademus
January 12th, 2014, 16:31
Pfrpg 3.0.1

Nickademus
January 12th, 2014, 16:37
3. Another random one here. One of my player's had his hotbar completely reverted during the session to a character that has been dead for awhile.

It didn't revert. It added and overwrote all the hotbar entries using content from a previous game. All the new entries that were in a spot that was empty in the odd setup remained. For instance, in the old setup there was an entry on the main hotbar for 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Those were deleted and new values were assigned three sessions ago. The new setup had an entry on 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. The new 2 and 3 stayed. The old 4 popped up where there was nothing. And 1, and 5 through 10 changed to the old entries.

Griogre
January 12th, 2014, 19:28
When you say "a previous game" was that a game with the same GM or a different one? Also, was it the game just before the one where you had the problem?

Nickademus
January 13th, 2014, 03:41
Same GM. Maybe the same campaign file, though it was before an update to 3.0.x so the GM may have remade the campaign fresh for the new version (I don't know). Oddly, the game after the update didn't have trouble. This is the 3rd session since 3.0.x with no hotbar weirdness during the first two sessions. It struck me as odd that it would now be having a bug.

Moon Wizard
January 13th, 2014, 09:19
kleamovich,

1. Are you using any extensions in your campaign? I'm not seeing locally here, but that's a good place to start investigating.

2. Never seen this before. As long as the name is exactly the same, it shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if it happens again. Also, even an extra space at the end of the name can cause the player to be seen as a different user, perhaps that is what happened.

3. This looks like something that's been going on for a while, and before my time (4+ years). Basically, the hot keys are loaded/saved for each character controlled; but the hot key bar doesn't swap which can cause unforeseen overwrites (especially for old character IDs that get reused).

I think that the fix might be a player hot key wipe, and make it consistently a single set of hot keys per player.

4. Are there any effects that you know of that always display this way? (i.e. durations show differently on PC spell sheet) If so, I'd like to get copy of the db.xml from the campaign folder, and details of which PC and spell.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
January 14th, 2014, 03:51
Not sure if we mentioned this one last game or not.

5. The players can see in the chat window when an NPC checks off a daily use of a spell. Players can see when players check off spells as well, but this isn't nearly as critical as seeing what the enemies are doing when we are not supposed to. Likewise, I believe when an NPC applies an effect to himself or another NPC the players see the effect assignment in the chat window. This is with the option 'Show Effects' turned off, if that is supposed to have an effect on it (no pun intended).

kleamovich
January 14th, 2014, 14:07
kleamovich,

1. Are you using any extensions in your campaign? I'm not seeing locally here, but that's a good place to start investigating.

2. Never seen this before. As long as the name is exactly the same, it shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if it happens again. Also, even an extra space at the end of the name can cause the player to be seen as a different user, perhaps that is what happened.

3. This looks like something that's been going on for a while, and before my time (4+ years). Basically, the hot keys are loaded/saved for each character controlled; but the hot key bar doesn't swap which can cause unforeseen overwrites (especially for old character IDs that get reused).

I think that the fix might be a player hot key wipe, and make it consistently a single set of hot keys per player.

4. Are there any effects that you know of that always display this way? (i.e. durations show differently on PC spell sheet) If so, I'd like to get copy of the db.xml from the campaign folder, and details of which PC and spell.

Regards,
JPG

1. I am using the language extension. I will try next game to see if that fixes it.

4. I will take a look again this Saturday and check again to see if it's still like that. Then I will post the file for you to take a look at.

I completely forgot about this one Nickademus (it was even in my notes...), this has occurred a couple of times.

Moon Wizard
January 14th, 2014, 20:37
Nickademus,

For the NPC spell usage output, I added a fix in v3.0.1 that should output NPC spell usage as secret chat messages (only visible to user activating the spell counter (i.e. GM)).

For the NPC effect application, let me think about that one. The effect application notice is hidden when the NPC is hidden in the CT, but they are visible when the NPC is visible. Maybe effect applications between NPCs only are always hidden, but visible if it includes a PC?

JPG

Nickademus
January 14th, 2014, 21:21
If it is an effect being placed on the PC, that would work since the character would know something changed its stats. Something that the NPC uses on itself, I agree, should be hidden. The characters have skills and spells for identifying such things (Spellcraft, detect magic, Knowledge, etc.).