PDA

View Full Version : Crossover dice issue

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2014, 12:44
If I play around with the window size I get issues with the dice, I cant remember having this issue with 2.x. And yes, I've selected the compatibility button in setup.

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2014, 13:24
The upside is that occasionally you get some great looking dice, or maybe its standard for CoC...

Moon Wizard
January 13th, 2014, 00:57
The compatibility button just forces a full redraw of the screen to deal with partial redraw issues with the Windows emulators on Mac.

My guess is that something isn't quite configured for DX9, which is what FG uses for the dice. I haven't heard of the issue before, so it must not happen in general with the Windows emulators.

That code hasn't changed between v2.9.x and v3.0.x, so they should behave similarly.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 13th, 2014, 18:59
OK, it's not a game breaker, just letting know :)

suntzu777
January 14th, 2014, 19:26
your issue is not due to the fantasy grounds program it is due to how crossover interacts with the desktop , crossover uses slightly different graphics engine , if you use wineskin which uses a standard wine library you should see those graphic glitches go away , you will see the refresh take a a very short time to redraw but the 3d dice will not turn to black shapes when you stretch and shrink the fantasy grounds window

rob

VenomousFiligree
January 14th, 2014, 20:02
But, but, I've paid for Crossover so I can't use free software... ;)