PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Online: Thornkeep

Trueshots
January 12th, 2014, 11:43
Would any GM's out there be interested in running the Thornkeep module. I would be willing to pay for the PDF. Think you can get from level 1-8 on this one. Would be nice to run one weekly or biweekly. If anyones interested let me know thanks!

tahl_liadon
January 12th, 2014, 12:13
let me look at my calendar and plan a schedule... will get back to you.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2014, 12:38
Think you can get from level 1-8 on this one.
This one is a little strange with level progression - the subtiers are:

1-2
2-4
3-5
6-8
5-7

(Notice part 4 is actually higher levels than part 5).

Each part each is treated as a sanctioned module - so gives 3 XP is playing normal XP progression, so a level is gained per part played. If you start with level 1 PCs there is a "gap" where the PC's reach 4th level where they are 1 level short of playing the next part (part 5, levels 5-7). So, throw in a 4th level module after part 3 and you should be fine. :) Then you'll be level 7 by the end...

Trueshots
January 12th, 2014, 13:48
This one is a little strange with level progression
Can you do the progression out of turn? it seems like you'll have to do part 5 before you do part 4???

tahl_liadon
January 12th, 2014, 13:49
i can offer up sat or sun mornings (beginning 25 or 26 jan), 10h00 - 14h00 est (gmt -5).

Trueshots
January 12th, 2014, 14:32
I'm not able to do either of those I work 3rd on Saturday and don't get home til 9-10am. I'd be in some pain if I tried to roll dice for 4 hours without some sleep!

Trenloe
January 12th, 2014, 15:03
Can you do the progression out of turn? it seems like you'll have to do part 5 before you do part 4???
Absolutely. Each part is essentially a self-contained section of the dungeon which can be played in any order by any PFS valid character of the right level to fit within the PFS tier for that part. All that's played, if running it for PFS, is the dungeon levels - the town of Thornkeep and the environs aren't used for the PFS content. There's nothing stopping you playing outside of the dungeon to add flavour and some role-playing, but it's not part of the PFS sanctioned content and so you wouldn't gain any material benefits from doing that.

tahl_liadon
January 12th, 2014, 15:20
how about tues , starting 04 feb?

Trueshots
January 12th, 2014, 15:52
what time on tuesday?

tahl_liadon
January 12th, 2014, 16:14
oh, yea:

18h00 - 22h00 est (gmt -5) -- after work for me.

Trueshots
January 12th, 2014, 16:50
oh, yea:

18h00 - 22h00 est (gmt -5) -- after work for me.

That would work for me I'm pretty sure, now to find a few more people!!!

hawkwind
January 12th, 2014, 16:58
I ran the first three levels last year and it was fun but deadly.....compared with carebear PFS adventures

I am happy to share my monster modules with anyone who wants them

tahl_liadon
January 12th, 2014, 17:39

ATyger
January 12th, 2014, 17:47
I've got a level 1 or 2 I might be willing to sacrifice... I mean play, with this module. Undine Watersinger. Let me double check my schedule to see if I can commit to so many at once.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2014, 17:51
Just some feedback on how long the PFS sanctioned sections of Thornkeep take to play. Each of the parts gets 3xp, so these are certainly not a normal 4-5 hour PFS session - they probably take less time than your average full blown sanctioned module, but I would imagine that these will take at least 2 x 4-5 hour sessions, if not more if the combats run slowly. I played part one face-to-face and it took 8 hours.

Hawkwind can probably give you a better idea of how long these will take to run on Fantasy Grounds.

tahl_liadon
January 12th, 2014, 21:36
Just some feedback on how long the PFS sanctioned sections of Thornkeep take to play. Each of the parts gets 3xp, so these are certainly not a normal 4-5 hour PFS session - they probably take less time than your average full blown sanctioned module, but I would imagine that these will take at least 2 x 4-5 hour sessions, if not more if the combats run slowly. I played part one face-to-face and it took 8 hours.

Hawkwind can probably give you a better idea of how long these will take to run on Fantasy Grounds.

i've played 2 of these -- the higher tier ones -- and we made the 4-hour mark for both. i'm not too concerned about it, but thanks for heads up. how long it takes also depends on level of experience player(s) may have with fg and/or pfsrd anyway.

Lord Kavos
January 13th, 2014, 01:01
damm, that would make it 9am on Wed for me (GMT+10), so cant do that guys.

damm

wvpolarbear
January 13th, 2014, 01:08
I must highly suggest anyone doing a full thornkeep run use the town. The first module has a ton of stuff where they need to be presented from town, showing all the major players and giving the sidequests that provide most of the reasons to head into the dungeon. You can also foreshadow later events by meeting Rozimus of Tyrone and his party early, like during the first module.

Thornkeep is also very very difficult at times. Its awesome.

Nickademus
January 13th, 2014, 03:33
I'm a bit tired as I've just woken up, but this sounds like 6pm to 11pm EST on Tuesday. If so I may be able to bring a healer. Have to double if the build is still PFS legal.

Not really fond of Google Hangout though. I can offer a TeamSpeak server if the GM would prefer.

Trueshots
January 13th, 2014, 11:25
but this sounds like 6pm to 11pm EST on Tuesday.
6pm-10pm EST

Not really fond of Google Hangout though. I can offer a TeamSpeak server if the GM would prefer.
I agree, the likelihood of me doing Google Hangout is pretty slim.....I'm not smart enough or motivated enough for something new :)
We have a designated FG teamspeak that all FG players can use, we can alway use it!

Brinn_Thornfoot
January 17th, 2014, 04:18
If there is still room, or need I have a level 1 rogue, or lvl 1 priest that I would love to get in on this. I am in EST, and the times look like they will work great for me.

tahl_liadon
January 17th, 2014, 15:58
scroll up to one of my post for link to sign up.

Nickademus
January 17th, 2014, 19:34
I haven't used Warhorn in a while. I greatly dislike this new format. At any rate, I think I signed up.

Gertak
January 17th, 2014, 21:09
This is too early for me but if it happens to get pushed back let me know.

Nickademus
January 18th, 2014, 01:54
Here's my healer.

Lord Kavos
January 19th, 2014, 02:00
I would love to play this, but cant unless you change the day played....(cant do Wed mornings my time +10 GMT)

tahl_liadon
January 20th, 2014, 03:00
@lord kavos: sorry, mate. re-scheduling gets more unlikely as more peeps signed up and commit to the time.

Trueshots
January 20th, 2014, 15:25
I'm signed up, no clue what I'm gonna play. Guess I need a fresh character for this? or at least one with 3xp or less?

Nickademus
January 20th, 2014, 17:46
First chronicle is level 1-2, so I imagine a character with up to 5 xp is usable. And I think you have a new character to play. *wink wink*

tahl_liadon
January 28th, 2014, 00:28
...I would be willing to pay for the PDF. Think you can get from level 1-8 on this one.

i guess i should be reading the material to run the game, huh? -- trueshot, know when you'd be getting the module?

also, anyone already has this set up in fg? be nice not to have to build it from scratch :-P (thanks in advance if you do and would share).

Trenloe
January 28th, 2014, 09:47
also, anyone already has this set up in fg? be nice not to have to build it from scratch :-P (thanks in advance if you do and would share).
PM hawkwind to see if he's willing to share, he's ran at least the first part in FG. I believe others have as well - search the forums to "thornkeep".

ATyger
January 29th, 2014, 21:46
I'm working on the chronicles and XML now, as well as getting a digital copy of my boon. Assuming we're still good for Tues the 4th.

JerryRig
January 30th, 2014, 06:17
I would like to be in this. I registered at the site you hyperlinked but don't understand more how to use that site for anything further. It is not posted on FG Calendar to sign up for but I would like to bring a level 1 Ranger into the fray.

tahl_liadon
January 30th, 2014, 18:35
all who signed up, please check your email for an attendance confirmation.

i only sent email to those who've registered at my warhorn schedule link (https://warhorn.net/events/wyld-pfs-on-fg-vtt). (there is no sign up on fg for this; you must sign up on warhorn (https://warhorn.net/events/wyld-pfs-on-fg-vtt)).

@jerryrig: once you sign on, click on the appropriate current scenario link; click on "play" under the player column -- you will then be prompted to select the appropriate choices. do so and accept. that's it. (you should then see your name on the roster).

@trueshots, @thornkeep: would someone provide me the module. thanks.

JerryRig
January 30th, 2014, 18:51
This is the only e-mail I received:

You have registered for Wyld PFS on FG VTT at Warhorn.

You are cleared to sign up for games. Get started by browsing the event schedule.

If you have any questions, email the event organizer.

tahl_liadon
January 30th, 2014, 21:33
@jerryrig: when you click on the link i have above, you should get a listing of the thornkeep games that i will be running.

click on the first one (accursed hall). that will take to to another page: the detail page of this "scenario," where you will also see a list of players signed up (6 last checked). there is a column "players," underneath which says "6 of 6," meaning it is currently at the max number of players signed up. you have the option to click on "play" and be put on the wait list.

if there is a no-show from the first 6, you would be bumped up and may join the table. otherwise, you may sign up for another game. i have allowed a 7-player table so more peeps can participate, but that, so far, has added on 2 extra hours (from a typical 4 hour session). i won't be doing 7-player table anymore, unfortunately.

you are registered and can sign up for games. i'm sorry but i cannot be more detailed than how i've explained above. i don't know what else i can do to help you sign up...

JerryRig
January 31st, 2014, 19:18
Oh roger ..ya I'm the 6th player that signed up for the first one and I signed up for all of the follow-up games as well. I just never got an e-mail so I did not know if it got sent some way I could not find it. Finally figured out how to get into that calendar ....very weird navigation system they have there.

So as the 6th player am I signed in or is there someone that you accepted but did not sign up at the site?

tahl_liadon
February 1st, 2014, 17:53
still need material to run this... :-P

Trenloe
February 1st, 2014, 19:29
still need material to run this... :-P
You can get the NPC modules from post #3 in the PFS NPC Module thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18726-PFS-Scenario-NPC-modules

tahl_liadon
February 2nd, 2014, 02:14
thanks for that :-)

i meant the mod to read.

tahl_liadon
February 3rd, 2014, 14:47
managing expectations...

to those who signed up: game (and subsequent follow-up scheduled games) may be pushed back a week if i don't get reading material. i volunteer to gm with the understanding that someone would provide me the module to review, and i have not gotten it. game is tomorrow (04 feb), but my expectations to run the game is low right now.

Nickademus
February 3rd, 2014, 14:51
I messaged you about this and have been awaiting a reply.

tahl_liadon
February 3rd, 2014, 15:31
@nickademus: sorry, mate. sent you back a pm.

tahl_liadon
February 3rd, 2014, 17:07
schedule postponed until next week -- subsequent games will be pushed back one week unless otherwise noted.

Please sign-up again (https://warhorn.net/events/wyld-pfs-on-fg-vtt) due to the changes -- apologies for the convenience, but it's actually a good way to gauge who is still interested and paying attention :-D.

Nickademus
February 3rd, 2014, 17:29
I'm curious, at the end of the third session we will be level 4 and not able to play in the fourth session yet. Trenloe suggested a level 4 module to get us to level 5, but that is not in the schedule.

tahl_liadon
February 3rd, 2014, 17:37
preview of fg3 pathfinder-inspired skinning...

tahl_liadon
February 3rd, 2014, 19:44
I'm curious, at the end of the third session we will be level 4 and not able to play in the fourth session yet. Trenloe suggested a level 4 module to get us to level 5, but that is not in the schedule.

so this means i'd have to offer to run a module for 5 level players, thus encompassing 4-6, no?

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2014, 20:28
so this means i'd have to offer to run a module for 5 level players, thus encompassing 4-6, no?
The PCs would be level 4, so you'd need to run a sanctioned module that would cover these tiers: 2-4, 3-5 or 4-6; essentially a level 3, 4 or 5 sanctioned module.

tahl_liadon
February 3rd, 2014, 20:38
...essentially a level 3, 4 or 5 sanctioned module.

if they came along for the complete "thornkeep ride," then they've got the other levels covered; the hole would be level(s) 4-6, or a level 5 module. sanctioned, of course.

carrion hill then: takes place in eastern ustalav -- relatively close to thornkeep -- which i can segue way with a little plot rp'ing.

Nickademus
February 3rd, 2014, 21:14
Sounds like fun. I have not played that one. Which is good because I couldn't level to 5 off it if I had already received a chronicle.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2014, 21:17
if they came along for the complete "thornkeep ride," then they've got the other levels covered; the hole would be level(s) 4-6, or a level 5 module. sanctioned, of course.
If the PCs start at level 1 then the "hole" appears when the PCs finish part 3 and hit level 4 - the next part in level order (part 5) is levels 5-7. See post #3 for the levels of the different parts.

tahl_liadon
February 4th, 2014, 05:34
If the PCs start at level 1 then the "hole" appears when the PCs finish part 3 and hit level 4 - the next part in level order (part 5) is levels 5-7. See post #3 for the levels of the different parts.

so do i do a 4th level (fangwood keep) or a 5th level (carrion hill) module? ... a bit confused. i thought if the module states the actual level, a pc of 1 lower or 1 higher level can play it.

fangwood keep, level 3-5
carrion hill, level 4-6

Trenloe
February 4th, 2014, 08:59
so do i do a 4th level (fangwood keep) or a 5th level (carrion hill) module? ... a bit confused. i thought if the module states the actual level, a pc of 1 lower or 1 higher level can play it.

fangwood keep, level 3-5
carrion hill, level 4-6
Yes, the PFS tier range for sanctioned modules is +/- 1 level from the published module level. That was why I mentioned in post #48 above that you have 3 PFS tier choices: 2-4, 3-5 or 4-6: a level 3, 4 or 5 PFS sanctioned module respectively. It's up to you and the players to decide the module and the challenge level - a level 5 module would obviously be a challenge for level 4 PCs while a level 3 module would be less of a challenge.

tahl_liadon
February 4th, 2014, 15:07
all right, then. i think we are saying the same thing... thanks for clarification.

Nickademus
February 4th, 2014, 15:09
3rd-level Modules:
Masks of the Living God
Feast of Ravenmoor

4th-level Modules:
The Midnight Mirror
Fangwood Keep

5th-level Modules:
Carrion Hill
City of Golden Death

tahl_liadon
February 4th, 2014, 16:07
3rd-level Modules:
Masks of the Living God
Feast of Ravenmoor

4th-level Modules:
The Midnight Mirror
Fangwood Keep

5th-level Modules:
Carrion Hill
City of Golden Death

for in-game flavor, i think fangwood keep or carrion hill makes most sense to segue way, location-wise of either modules as well as plot.

thanks for the all the support and feedback.

tahl_liadon
February 4th, 2014, 17:01
@nickademus and @trenloe:

logistics -- i set up 2 sessions, 5-hours each for carrion hill. does that sound good? (review the schedule here (https://warhorn.net/events/wyld-pfs-on-fg-vtt)). thanks for feedback.

Trenloe
February 4th, 2014, 17:13
logistics -- i set up 2 sessions, 5-hours each for carrion hill. does that sound good? (review the schedule here (https://warhorn.net/events/wyld-pfs-on-fg-vtt)). thanks for feedback.
Carrion Hill can be pretty free-form, especially at the beginning - so it depends how fast that goes and how role-play orientated the group is. But, 2 x 5 hour sessions should give you a good shot at completing it.

Nickademus
February 10th, 2014, 05:20
How is this coming along? I think I saw Trueshots post yesterday so he should be around.

JerryRig
February 10th, 2014, 06:16
I'm not seeing anything here myself.

tahl_liadon
February 10th, 2014, 14:47
current line up:

Nick Goddard Medic/Support 1*
Russell Higgins Barbarian 1
Dan Thomsen Ranger 1
Lee Acker Cleric 1*
Rene Ayala Inquisitor 1*
SHAUN JONES Gunslinger 1
Bob Lambrisky Waitlisted Alchemist 1*
Kenneth Mcmillan Waitlisted Bard 1*

* confirmed, i.e. have sent me pc info and portrait/token

i will run a 6-player table. i often give players the benefit of 10 mins after game starts. after that, waitlisters will get bumped up to replace no-shows. due to the motivation of waitlister to participate, no-show positions will be forfeited after the 10 mins. no exceptions.

everyone on the list above will get a google doc to share: please provide pfs info, thus confirming attendance. (ignore if you have already done so).

thanks and looking forward.

JerryRig
February 11th, 2014, 03:39
JerryRig's (Dan T) character is attached:

PFS ID # 98294

deguello
February 11th, 2014, 18:54
Whats the address to the game? and wht is the voice component..

tahl_liadon
February 11th, 2014, 18:56
@jerryrig, you should have gotten a g-doc link to share, where you need to input your pfop info, confirming your attendance. please also post a token / portrait here if you have one. or let me know if want me to select one for you.

i believe those who have not confirmed are s. jones and r. higgins. (keep in mind that repeated sign-up then no-show will be blacklisted.)

tahl_liadon
February 11th, 2014, 18:57
Whats the address to the game? and wht is the voice component..

please identify yourself; your username here does not correspond with any of those who've signed up. thx

deguello
February 11th, 2014, 19:01
r Higgins... andI have posted my character...

tahl_liadon
February 11th, 2014, 20:42
when i get home from work, i will post the fg 4-word alias in the g-doc which i've already shared. check after 18h00 est (i will try to have the server up sooner if i can so we can test connections, review your stats, etc...)

at this point, i will use google hangout because it's free and i am familiar with it (i will also post this in g-doc with the alias). someone had mentioned teamspeak as an option; if you can host it, more power to us. i cannot.

check here more often for updates as we approach game time. thx and cya soon!

Nickademus
February 11th, 2014, 20:54
If it suits you, there is a FG Team Speak (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server) server that you are free to use.

Description: 50 Player Teamspeak 3
Hostname: teamspeak.fg-con.com
Server Password Dungeoneers

Free client download is the thread linked above.

tahl_liadon
February 11th, 2014, 23:26
server is up.

tahl_liadon
February 11th, 2014, 23:35
teamspeak login info a couple of posts above.

Nickademus
February 11th, 2014, 23:51
Ignore this.

Nickademus
February 11th, 2014, 23:53
server is up.

Not able to connect at this time (6:52 pm EST)

The GM is setting up port forwarding to allow connections. The game will start momentarily.

tahl_liadon
February 12th, 2014, 05:27
first off, sincere apologies to those who showed up and were let down --- for a couple of reasons:

1) my assumptions that fg would continue to work (i.e. port forwarding) after a hiatus from using it, and switching internet service with new hardware in between that time. good news: it now works! i persisted until now (past midnight) and got it figured out. it seems so obviously simple now that i see the reason why it wouldn't work!

2) w. t. f. -- why are some peeps such fnckin inconsiderate fncks?! going through the motion, signing up and just completely blow off others who made plans for it?! i remember now why i took the hiatus -- because i was so fnckin sick and tired of this behavior among vtt gamers: pulling this immature, faceless antisocial crap. anyway, that's gonna be the last piece of dingleberry you'll get from me in term of giving any more of my time.

now, back to those who were motivated and dedicated, to whom my apology goes: i can offer to try this again and run it tomorrow night (well, tonight, being now past midnight), 12 feb, same time slot, in order to maintain the longterm schedule, not pushing back yet another week.

let me know: i'll be there if we get at least 4 players.

deguello
February 12th, 2014, 05:42
I cannot make that time.

JerryRig
February 12th, 2014, 05:46
its because you came to FG ..and tried to use everything but FG. Was just logging in to say I withdraw my desire to play. Saw your post above...roflmao. If you used FG like everyone else who posts on FG use it ...you would get better results ...but of course it cant be you its got to be everyone else.

Would like to play with you if you used FG when you posted on FG to do a game from here. Either use the FG or use the other forums and get them ...but seriously ..you're methods have been a pain since we started to work on this. I don't use Google ...forced me to make some junk account with google to even get anywhere near this document you say you said but it says I don't have permission to view it once I waste my time creating a google account. Then I post my character here In the forums for you it upload and you completely ignore it ...twice!!

I'm just saying ...don't use FG unless your going to post things like the FG way or don't expect people to find their way thru your maze of different methods to do things and expect to get good results when they don't get what your changing up.

Hope you read thru the content of FG more and post future games here with the methods suggested by its creators and users.

lacker
February 12th, 2014, 10:15
Hi Wyld,

You know I want to play... Lot of time setting up a (new to me) character class, energy (setting up FG on a Mac no small order) and a little bit of money to buy a license.

However, trying to squeeze in the schedule starting tonight (Wed) puts me in a pickle because of other commitments. Can we not try to just add another week at the same day and time on Tuesday nights? I understand if you have other commitments down the line, maybe we just cut it short one week?

I will have to agree with one point that JerryRig is making: I found out about the campaign on PFSOC. I have never been to FG until seeing your post and downloading the software. I did not know you were posting about the game here. I experienced a lot of confusion last night trying to figure out how to connect and didn't know you were having trouble connecting to FG.

I was disappointed from the standpoint that we communicated early about my preparing to play; but didn't have clear guidance how to get on-board. I didn't know how to connect to FG and didn't know we were going to use TeamSpeak. I was fuming on my end at 15 minutes til game time assuming I was going to lose my spot to an alternate.
Obviously that didn't happen, and I share your frustration on that point with my fellow sign ups... What happened there?

At any rate, lots of frustration all the way around last night.

I am grateful you persisted and got things working. But starting tonight just won't work on my end.
Please reconsider trying again next Tuesday night and just start fresh from there, please. I'm in if you are.

And a quick note, now that I know you are posting here, I can follow. But to my mind, just as I didn't know (since I found out about the game on PFSOC), others may have been in the same boat as me... Perhaps a note there to tell everyone your PRIMARY communication point?

REALLY hope this all works out. I have invested too much time to just walk away :-).

Thank you for GMing. I do appreciate it!

tahl_liadon
February 12th, 2014, 12:36
its because you came to FG ..and tried to use everything but FG. (etc)

first of all, again, i apologize that you attended and it didn't work out. i did admit it was a port forwarding issue on my end, and respect your persistence.

that said, i don't intend to (or want to) change your mind, nor argue with you. i do however want to refute a few points you've made, correct it for the record. (i agree there is a high level of frustration in all this..)

1) i do use fg, and am quite adept with fg. have used it for many years. even got 2 licenses. took a hiatus for reason stated above (and if you showed up, it was not towards you). i am also quite adept with online technology, so in fact, from experience, it is with (mostly) others who are new to vtt technology. what i've set up isn't really rocket science: my 10-year old and classmates use google tools at school everyday.

2) according to fg forum's feature "view forum post" (if i click your username), you posted exactly twice in this thread: one of which you posted your pc xml and pfs no. i got it and you were already imported into fg, and ready to go. (you also responded to my email twice, and neither had any attachment of your pc's data file). so, i am not sure where you posted your pc file twice on here.

3) if you don't use google (or anything in life for that matter), don't. *i* cannot *force* you to use anything (if i could, i'd make you give me a millions bucks instead). it was *your* choice. i am sorry that your choice did not produce more favorable results for either of us. i sent you (and everyone who signed up) days ago the g-doc link, and again yesterday morning, but i still didn't get the full pfs info i needed from you.

4) i *do* read through the threads. actually, am quite fond of fg and its community; i reach out to in other vtt forums in hope to draw new players her to try fg. (if you look further up in the thread the screengrab i posted, i even modded the fg skin to try to enhance the experience. so there is neither a lack of know-how nor understanding of how things work from me, sir).

lastly, the tech problem of port forwarding has always been a thorn issue for fg. for the reasons i stated in a previous thread (which i openly owned as my issue), i admit it turned a potentially enjoyable experience into a frustrating one.

best to ya in finding a game.

tahl_liadon
February 12th, 2014, 12:52
You know I want to play...

i appreciate the feedback, and thank you for your persistence as well. i am sorry for the confusion and frustration; it seems i took for granted thinking people who signed up may have had prior experience to fg/vtt. it can be a challenge for me to devote personal attention to any particular player with my trying to coordinate many thing, both with vtt and life. that said, i will channel more energy/time in that area.

i need to review my schedule regarding tues. i would really like to make it work, not just for both of us, but the larger community as well. i will do what i can to provide you with a positive experience in using fg. (it is a wonderful vtt tool).

you and i can communicate off-forum but if there is a schedule change, it would have to be a public voting to gain the most participants.

again, thanks.

tahl_liadon
February 12th, 2014, 13:06
However, trying to squeeze in the schedule starting tonight (Wed) puts me in a pickle because of other commitments. Can we not try to just add another week at the same day and time on Tuesday nights? I understand if you have other commitments down the line, maybe we just cut it short one week?

sorry, i just realized something: i intend to keep the tuesdays schedule. i was proposing a game tonight (weds) only for accursed hall to try to make up for last night. then subsequently back to regular tuesdays schedule as planned. if it doesn't work out, then we'll just have to push this out another week. (i'm just hoping peeps will continue to be patient and help get this off the ground eventually).

so, if tues is your choice day, you're golden. (i don't need to review and plan for a new schedule after all! :-P)

Nickademus
February 12th, 2014, 17:26
JerryRig, attitude like that is way more people don't use FG, especially those that come from other VTTs.

its because you came to FG ..and tried to use everything but FG.

No, he was using FG. You just expected him to use all the optional tools from this forum.

Was just logging in to say I withdraw my desire to play. Saw your post above...roflmao. If you used FG like everyone else who posts on FG use it ...you would get better results ...but of course it cant be you its got to be everyone else.

This is highly inconsiderate. Not everyone uses the forum and game calendar, for PFS or for normal games. You obviously know little about how we 'FG people' actually do things. Please don't speak for all of us. And no one else seemed to have trouble using Warhorn or the Google Doc. But of course it can't be you, its got to be the GM.

you're methods have been a pain since we started to work on this. I don't use Google ...forced me to make some junk account with google to even get anywhere near this document you say you said but it says I don't have permission to view it once I waste my time creating a google account. Then I post my character here In the forums for you it upload and you completely ignore it ...twice!!

I agree with this to a point. I dislike Warhorn's new setup and don't care much for Google Docs. But a GM has the right to do things how they wish. We should be appreciative that they even bother to run things for us.

'm just saying ...don't use FG unless your going to post things like the FG way...

There is no FG way. Just because you are used to using the forums doesn't mean everyone else should be forced to do so.

Hope you read thru the content of FG more and post future games here with the methods suggested by its creators and users.

I hope you read through the code of conduct for the Fantasy Grounds forums. This is not how Smite Works wants people to treat GMs. And it is definitely inappropriate for PFS to publicly laugh at a someone out of spite who had technically difficultly. Maybe tahl liadon is a better person for not calling you out on this, but I'm seeing this become a habit for you. And please stop messaging me to complain about a GM.

it seems so obviously simple now that i see the reason why it wouldn't work!

After all that I'm curious what it was. I remember my problems boiled down to a one-digit difference in the IP on the port forwarding. Stupid auto-fill...

i can offer to try this again and run it tomorrow night (well, tonight, being now past midnight), 12 feb, same time slot, in order to maintain the longterm schedule, not pushing back yet another week.

I'm capable of playing tonight and I'm willing to hold off a week, whichever is more convenient for the rest of the players.

tahl_liadon
February 12th, 2014, 18:19
@nickadamus: i have comcast home alarm. they provided a router that seems to serve solely to keep the alarm "live" -- don't ask me technical details why 'cause i's got not idea :-P

anyway, i also have a router that has to go through the comcast router to get to the modem. i have port forwarding set up on my router; however, the comcast's router was not set up. so, effectively, the comcast router did not allow anything through. once i realized that, it was a matter of setting up a single port forwarding rule to allow *all* traffic from my router to pass. that did it.... well, at least when i tested it in fg, it gave me the green "success," which i have to admit, i was soooo elated to see. lol

in regards to scheduling, it seems we won't have enough player to have a game tonight (and prob ideally shouldn't since some who want to start at the beginning of the module cannot participate). i am glad some are willing to try again in a week, which is what we will do then. in the meantime, i am willing to do a dry-run if anyone wants it -- like @lacker -- to get familiar with fg. we'll just have to set something up off-board via email.

on that note, i am also going to prepare some screengrab graphics and post a post "how to get started in fg: for newbs" ;-) -- with illustrations and how-to -- and hopefully it will get stickied.

thanks for the collective support and patience.

Nickademus
February 12th, 2014, 18:41
lol, I know what you mean about the green success.

I'll be around tonight. I'm up for fooling around in FG to make sure you can take players.

JerryRig
February 12th, 2014, 19:45
@Nic

yes I did expect posters that volunteer to DM a FG game to either use default or say they intend to run it elsewhere and not waste anyones time (theirs or ours). I expect people that alter the norm to say they are going to before they take the rose on something. Maybe others volunteer for stuff to find out later its not at all what they signed up for and its normal for them. It's a norm for me. I expect what I have experienced since I have been on FG and other servers and in games outside of web to say their intentions. If I walked up to a store posting of a game request from someone to have a GM run their game ..and someone responded on that same note that they would run it ...I would expect them to say ummm... it wont be hear and you wont be signing up here and we wont be discussing it here ..but i'll run your game. That would be a good point to express it up front so nobody signs their name on the sheet than gets talked down to for trying to adjust to the changes and not being successful.

I admire him stepping forward ...hell probably a great DM and a person as well. But this has bee na pain since the point of putting our names down for being interested. It is what it is. Maybe my words aren't soft enough ...but its truth not BS coming out tyo look like something else. I'm honest about it ...not worried about others opinions when I say it. Not saying it for opinions or support. Just saying it for understanding and to share the points.

My laugh at his comment was because he started swearing about us. And it was all our fault. That was funny and still is if you step back and review it.

Peace to this thread (unless someone else wants to throw a grenade in?).

god bless the game ...hope it shores up for all the players and DM and it turns out great and this is the end of the frustration.

X... JerryRig