PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Images (layers) for FG 3.0 CoreRPG (and rulesets based on CoreRPG)

Pages : 1 [2]

Trenloe
August 27th, 2017, 15:43
i'm having an issue with this extension. when i use it to add layers to a map, the mask mode gets deactivated (i use mask mode for fog of war simulation). not even the theatre mask icon works.
As LordEntrails says - you can only mask on the bottom layer.

Please make sure you've read through the gotchas in the first couple of posts of this thread to understand the differences when using this extension.

bnickelsen
September 10th, 2017, 12:26
Is there a way to tell what version you currently have installed?

Trenloe
September 10th, 2017, 14:19
Is there a way to tell what version you currently have installed?
Load up a campaign with the extension enabled and look at the message displayed in the chat window.

bnickelsen
September 10th, 2017, 14:22
Load up a campaign with the extension enabled and look at the message displayed in the chat window.

To easy, thank you for the fast response.

Waldbaer
September 22nd, 2017, 18:51
Hi!

I have seen you replying to a Enhanced Images 4e question where I wonder if that is still the case. The question was: when in game - do I have to switch between top and bottom layer to on the one side interact with the tokens of the PC and on the other hand care about unmasking the next parts of a dungeon e.g.?

I wonder if the "token shadow" functionality which was added has to do something with this?

Please let me know and thanks for your reply already in advance.

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2017, 19:09
I have seen you replying to a Enhanced Images 4e question where I wonder if that is still the case. The question was: when in game - do I have to switch between top and bottom layer to on the one side interact with the tokens of the PC and on the other hand care about unmasking the next parts of a dungeon e.g.?

I wonder if the "token shadow" functionality which was added has to do something with this?
The "Things to note" bullet points in post #1 cover these questions.

You can only interact with player tokens on the top layer, and you can only unmask on the bottom layer.

The token shadows were purely added to provide a guide to the location of creature tokens when unmasking or placing tokens on the lower layers.

Waldbaer
September 22nd, 2017, 19:18
Ok - thank you. I tried several things to somehow circumvent that because I believe it is kind of a hassle to switch back and forth and I just hoped that I missed something. Sorry for bothering you with something which was answered already in post #1. I saw it actually but wanted to be very sure that this is really the case.

I like the idea of the extension very much though but I think playing that way is a bit long-winded...

Thank you nevertheless for replying once again to something that was answered already. Appreciate that.

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2017, 19:27
I like the idea of the extension very much though but I think playing that way is a bit long-winded...
It's one click to change layers. But, only you can decide if that is too much hassle for you to use or not.

I say to anyone who uses this extension: there are gotchas and limitations, only you can decide if the advantages of using the extension outweigh the disadvantages in your game.

Waldbaer
September 22nd, 2017, 19:32
Yes...ok. I try the fight and report back :rv:

CommJunkee
October 20th, 2017, 18:33
Hey, this looks AMAZING. I'm one of those weird "hex grid" users so I'm out in the cold, but this is a great extension I'll pass on to friends. Great job.

So, I know this states that it doesn't support HEX, but I have run several GURPS games using this.

You do have to draw your grid large to start, but once it takes you can manually scale it down. Worked like a champ.

Now, with Ronnke's scale feature in the newest release, v3.1.0, it hides the scale button in the image toolbar. I had to initially open the maps I was using with the Layers extention off. Turn on and set the scale for the maps I was using. Then once that was done, restart with the Layers extension. And viola, I have layer and pointers with range penalties.

It looks like the layers button overwrites the scale button on the images toolbar.

You can see it in use in our games here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCogpSkYj7foShOVyXMbQugA You can see it used a lot in episodes 10 and 11, the vehicles in these episodes are on layer 2.

seycyrus
October 21st, 2017, 03:38
You can see it in use in our games here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCogpSkYj7foShOVyXMbQugA You can see it used a lot in episodes 10 and 11, the vehicles in these episodes are on layer 2.

I don't see the videos listed by episode? The Gurps Dungeon Fantasy ones are the most recent, are those the ones in question?

CommJunkee
October 21st, 2017, 04:21
Sorry, they are the Traveller episodes... uh... try...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfG6B6KHTCs&t

Illian
February 4th, 2018, 18:27
In the very first post, it reads that we must update to v2.0.5 of the extension, but at the bottom of the post it reads that the attached file is 2.0.4. As far as I can see so far (just downloaded it), the extension seems to load and work fine, so I am assuming the attached file is actually 2.0.5?

Thanks for the work on this extension!

Zacchaeus
February 4th, 2018, 18:56
In the very first post, it reads that we must update to v2.0.5 of the extension, but at the bottom of the post it reads that the attached file is 2.0.4. As far as I can see so far (just downloaded it), the extension seems to load and work fine, so I am assuming the attached file is actually 2.0.5?

Thanks for the work on this extension!

The version of the extension which you downloaded is v2.0.5e which you'll see in the chat window when you start a campaign in FG. The text above the link in the first post is just Trenloe's note as to how many downloads v 2.0.4 had.

Ken L
February 25th, 2018, 23:33
If there's interest, I have a modified version of this extension that disables the token 'shadowing' and automatically switches layers based off the mask tool toggle, or selected tool. ie: select mask, switch to BG layer, select drawing, automatically switch to 'play/token' layer.

The shadowing IMHO always got in the way if you were trying to move tokens on the layer you were manipulating.

I will have to segregate it from a bit of entanglement caused by CombatManager which is modified to play well with a few personal extensions.

mordkhaan
February 25th, 2018, 23:49
That definitely sounds interesting as forgetting the layer you are on and placing things on wrong one is a constant hassle otherwise

Trenloe
February 26th, 2018, 00:04
That definitely sounds interesting as forgetting the layer you are on and placing things on wrong one is a constant hassle otherwise
Ken L's suggestion won't help with this - his change is to auto select the layer based off the mask or drawing tool being selected. After all putting a token on any of the layers is the whole point of this extension! ;)

mordkhaan
February 26th, 2018, 00:20
Urgh, yeah I guess!
We have used to place effects tokens and objects on a lower level, so that player/NPC tokens on the top arent impacted
So yeah, have to always remember to change to the right layer for whatever we want dropping
Perhaps a more visible means of knowing whether you are on L1/2/3 ? dunno...
But thanks for highlighting the obvious reply :D

dberkompas
March 12th, 2018, 17:16
Script issues with on test channel:

CoreRPG 3.3.5
Enhanced Images (Layers) 3.3.0

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:10: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:20 attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)

Note: No other extensions were loaded, just CoreRPG from test channel and Enhanced Images extension.

Dave

Trenloe
March 13th, 2018, 14:03
Script issues with on test channel:

CoreRPG 3.3.5
Enhanced Images (Layers) 3.3.0

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_targeting.lua"]:10: attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token.lua"]:20 attempt to call field 'setCustomDeleteCombatantHandler' (a nil value)

Note: No other extensions were loaded, just CoreRPG from test channel and Enhanced Images extension.

Dave
Thanks for the heads up.

I usually don't look at updating extensions for the next release until it's finalised or, usually, released. Knowing in advance there will be issues helps. Thanks.

Trenloe
March 20th, 2018, 02:32
New version available for download in post #1.

V2.1.0 - remastered to use merge/tiers scripts. Lower level targeting removed. Savage Worlds support.

Thanks to Ikael for doing most of the work on this!

Trenloe
April 20th, 2018, 15:03
Error after v3.3.5 update when adding encounters with pre-placed tokens:

Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_combat.lua"]:110: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.

I'm working on a fix...

Trenloe
April 20th, 2018, 15:26
Error after v3.3.5 update when adding encounters with pre-placed tokens:

Script Error: [string "scripts/updated_manager_combat.lua"]:110: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.

I'm working on a fix...
Fixed in v2.1.1 - download in post #1.

rhammer2
April 21st, 2018, 22:27
I just finished a game session with your new update on the extension. New, preplaced, enemies are being loaded on bottom, not the top layer.

-Robert

Trenloe
April 21st, 2018, 22:51
I just finished a game session with your new update on the extension. New, preplaced, enemies are being loaded on bottom, not the top layer.

-Robert
Thanks for reporting. v2.1.1a, which fixes this issue, is available in post #1

Sorry about that.

rhammer2
April 22nd, 2018, 03:28
Thanks for reporting. v2.1.1a, which fixes this issue, is available in post #1

Sorry about that.

Just glad you are keeping this going until FGU is out and layers are built in.

;)

- Robert

Tigon
April 25th, 2018, 11:18
This is AMAZING!

One question, any chance we could get a 4th layer, ALL the way on top to account for flying creatures/structures/objects? Possibly that could also be targeted by creatures on layer 3? Just a thought.

If not i'll make a post in the general forums on how people deal with aerial (or subnautical) combat.

Trenloe
April 25th, 2018, 13:29
One question, any chance we could get a 4th layer, ALL the way on top to account for flying creatures/structures/objects? Possibly that could also be targeted by creatures on layer 3? Just a thought.
Targeting can only be done on the same layer. So this wouldn't be possible without a lot of messy work-around coding, which I'm not sure would even work - and would end up not really helping the situation (i.e. dummy tokens on each layer getting in the way).

Trenloe
July 12th, 2018, 06:36
Minor update - v2.1.1b

Read only maps will open with the bottom (image) layer enabled so that links created in an original non-layered image module can be selected. Note - this could break any personally created read-only modules with links on the top layer!

Rilmarion
July 15th, 2018, 05:27
I have a question about the location of the pins on maps. I opened a map from Tomb of Annihilation that included a bunch of pins but it seems they are all set to the base layer. Is this on purpose?

Also, some of my maps that that had Token (player tokens and such) are the same way, set to base Layer. This makes it so players can't move their token, so I have to go and redrop the tokens on top layer. Is there a easier way of doing this other then deleting and then re-dropping? Was kinda hoping there was some sort of /command that would mover everything to top layer on a map/image. Thanks in advance.

Trenloe
July 15th, 2018, 05:45
I have a question about the location of the pins on maps. I opened a map from Tomb of Annihilation that included a bunch of pins but it seems they are all set to the base layer. Is this on purpose?

Also, some of my maps that that had Token (player tokens and such) are the same way, set to base Layer. This makes it so players can't move their token, so I have to go and redrop the tokens on top layer. Is there a easier way of doing this other then deleting and then re-dropping? Was kinda hoping there was some sort of /command that would mover everything to top layer on a map/image. Thanks in advance.
The extension adds layers to the base image layer. Anything that was added to an image without the extension - modules or campaigns before the extension was enabled, will have the links and tokens on the bottom layer, because this is where they were placed.

This is mentioned in the gotchas and information in the first couple of posts of this thread.

I'd recommend you delete the tokens and re-add then to the top layer, and just go to the bottom layer when you need to select links.

I'd also recommend you take some time to understand the gotchas listed in the first few posts of this thread. There are limitations, for some people the limitations outweigh the advantages. Only you can determine if this extension gives you enough of what you need to warrant using it with the limitations.

Ikael
July 25th, 2018, 22:27
This extension is currently incompatible with rulesets that define custom addBattle function, such as SavageWorlds. I have requested change from Smiteworks if it could be made compatible again.

Trenloe (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?19555-Trenloe), in scripts/updated_manager_combat.lua script lines 64-66 are always failing because CombatManager's fCustomAddBattle variable is local is thus is never accessable outside. I asked Moonwizard if CoreRPG's CombatManager could be improved to allow outside scripts to access the custom addBattle.

Trenloe
July 25th, 2018, 22:34
This extension is currently incompatible with rulesets that define custom addBattle function, such as SavageWorlds. I have requested change from Smiteworks if it could be made compatible again.

Trenloe (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?19555-Trenloe), in scripts/updated_manager_combat.lua script lines 64-66 are always failing because CombatManager's fCustomAddBattle variable is local is thus is never accessable outside. I asked Moonwizard if CoreRPG's CombatManager could be improved to allow outside scripts to access the custom addBattle.
Thanks for reporting and thanks for the info. Hopefully there's some improvements to CoreRPG to assist with this...

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2018, 23:48
Just added get* versions of the simple custom CombatManager function registrations (but not the multi-registration ones), including CombatManager.getCustomAddBattle.

Regards,
JPG

Ikael
July 26th, 2018, 19:52
Thanks Moon Wizard!

Trenloe, Savage Worlds' incompatibility issues can be resolved if you would replace scripts/updated_manager_combat.lua file's lines 64-66 with following:

if CombatManager.getCustomAddBattle() then
return CombatManager.getCustomAddBattle()(nodeBattle);
end

Trenloe
July 26th, 2018, 20:31
Thanks Moon Wizard!

Trenloe, Savage Worlds' incompatibility issues can be resolved if you would replace scripts/updated_manager_combat.lua file's lines 64-66 with following:

if CombatManager.getCustomAddBattle() then
return CombatManager.getCustomAddBattle()(nodeBattle);
end

Great! Thanks.

This is a v3.3.6 thing, right?

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2018, 21:48
Yes, it’s in v3.3.6 version of CoreRPG.

JPG

Rades
October 6th, 2018, 22:53
I noticed something a bit strange with grid behavior today. After I draw a grid on an image, the grid starts acting up when I zoom out - it zooms out further than where the gridlines are. When I middle-mouse-click and pan the map, it sort of "snaps" the grid back into place, but it still acts funny whenever I start zooming in/out. I've taken a short video demonstrating what I mean. (I disabled all other extensions to make sure, and it does seem to be linked to Enhanced Images. I also made sure I was using the most recent version of the extension from the first page.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT_d5jdt-VA

EDIT: Turns out the problem was a wonky image, not the extension. Never mind!

Trenloe
October 7th, 2018, 13:31
EDIT: Turns out the problem was a wonky image, not the extension. Never mind!
I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to recreate the issue in many different images, with different FG themes - but couldn't, and then only just saw this edit at the bottom!

Glad you got it sorted out.

I'm curious - what was "wonky" about the image?

Rades
October 7th, 2018, 16:47
Oops! Sorry about that, I should have made the edit larger/more clear!

I'm not really sure *what* was wrong with it, but I noticed when I tried a completely different map, the grid worked fine. So then I tried making a copy of the problem map with a new filename, and that version worked perfectly.

I am thinking that maybe I originally placed the map in my FG folder, loaded it up in FG, then altered something about the image in Photoshop and re-saved the new version with the same filename, and then when I opened it again in FG the board didn't know how to read it properly, or something.

Trenloe
October 7th, 2018, 16:59
I am thinking that maybe I originally placed the map in my FG folder, loaded it up in FG, then altered something about the image in Photoshop and re-saved the new version with the same filename, and then when I opened it again in FG the board didn't know how to read it properly, or something.
That might well explain it.

The issue occurs when the three layers within the image don't have the same dimension - so when you zoom right out, one or more of the layers keeps zooming beyond the bounds of the other layers because it has different image dimensions, and so the grids no longer match. The extension code should adjust to this, and for most cases it will. But there are some cases where it can't - and you see the result you did.

To get around this issue, without FG running, remove the image file from the campaign images directory. Re-start FG and make sure the image entry is not in the campaign data list. Then add the image back, and it should create a new clean image record with the correct dimensions across all three layers.

Rades
October 7th, 2018, 17:10
Ahh, good advice for the future, I'll definitely be more careful about removing/replacing images now. Thanks! :D

feagansa
October 28th, 2018, 21:53
The following is a list of issues that have been fixed with the version number containing the fix.

v1.0.1 - For images greater than 200x200 the first time the image is zoomed-in it will zoom to the top-left 200x200 section of the image. Zoom-out to the view you want and this should not happen again. This is a result of the default size of the image being removed to fix grid drawing issues.

My players are still having issues with this even though its stated that is is fixed. The issue only seems to be for images that I can not unlock and edit like magic item images or drawings of races. The only way for them to zoom out is by hitting CTRL then clicking the icon in the bottom right of the image and dragging the zoom out (scroll wheel only goes out a couple pixels), but the next time they click the image it zooms right back in to the top left corner. This issues does not happen for the person running the server.

Trenloe
October 28th, 2018, 22:48
My players are still having issues with this even though its stated that is is fixed. The issue only seems to be for images that I can not unlock and edit like magic item images or drawings of races. The only way for them to zoom out is by hitting CTRL then clicking the icon in the bottom right of the image and dragging the zoom out (scroll wheel only goes out a couple pixels), but the next time they click the image it zooms right back in to the top left corner. This issues does not happen for the person running the server.
Welcome to the forums.

I can't recreate this from the player side. Can you try the following:

1) Take a screenshot of the chat window just after the campaign has loaded, and post that here. This will help us to double-check the versions of everything you're running.
2) Try it in a campaign with no extensions enabled. Do you see the same behavior?

You can do testing without players, by starting another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost

Styrmir
December 30th, 2018, 05:50
Thanks for this great extension.

Since taking over the development of the Advanced Kombat expansion ( https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47146-5e-Combat-Enhancer-(built-on-retired-GPL-Advanced-Kombat-extension) ), I found out that part of its functionality relies on your extension.

Therefore I was wondering if you had plans for updating your extension to make it compatible with 3.3.7's various image settings (background images etc.)? And if so if it would be alright if I'd implement those changes into my extension afterwards to keep it up to date for compatibility of that part of it?

Cheers, Styrmir.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2019, 04:59
v2.1.2 update.

v3.3.7 compatibility update - now works on the two new desktop panels (back panel and full panel).

Note: resize to grid is only available in image window mode, as the two panels do not have any resize controls available via the right-click menu.

celestian
January 5th, 2019, 05:02
Well done Trenloe !

Bidmaron
January 5th, 2019, 06:46
All while being sick too! Get better Trenloe

Kelrugem
January 5th, 2019, 12:58
Thank you :)

Styrmir
January 5th, 2019, 14:19
Great work Trenloe, thank you!

Trenloe
February 12th, 2019, 22:52
v2.1.3 update - download from post #1.

When a GM is on the lower features (middle) or image (bottom) layer, any named tokens moved by players on the top layer will trigger a preposition of the corresponding shadow token on the currently active GM layer. This won't work for tokens without a tooltip name (the PC or NPC in the combat tracker doesn't have a name) or a freeform token that hasn't had text dragged to it, as the token name is required to match the xPL named shadow token on the lower layer.

Kelrugem
February 12th, 2019, 22:59
thank you :)

seoulgamer
February 13th, 2019, 22:48
Where is the download link??

Trenloe
February 13th, 2019, 23:06
Where is the download link??
At the bottom of post #1. Make sure you're not in mobile site view and change the theme to FGResponsive if you still can't see it.

seoulgamer
February 13th, 2019, 23:09
Thanks man!! I was stuck in the mobile site for some reason. got it ty!

scarymike23
February 16th, 2019, 15:36
Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between layers? Thank you!

Trenloe
February 16th, 2019, 16:56
Is there a keyboard shortcut to switch between layers? Thank you!
Nope. And this would have potential issues due to the way FG handles keystrokes - at a global level, not at a window level.

Maybe it could be done via reserving 3 hot key slots (which would mess with already assigned GM hot keys, or maybe would even have to be created manually), but then there isn’t a way to determine which image window has focus, so all open image windows would have their layers changed. I don’t know if that would work, or cause issues with some users.

Tielc
February 18th, 2019, 00:02
Would there be anyway that you know of, even if it meant modifying the extension, to hide, say the middle layer from the players? I'm just curious if this might be even possible.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2019, 00:06
Would there be anyway that you know of, even if it meant modifying the extension, to hide, say the middle layer from the players? I'm just curious if this might be even possible.
A lot of code assumes that's the middle (feature) layer is there, so all of that would need to be modified - it's not just a case of disabling the middle layer on the player side. It's possible, and probably wouldn't take a massive amount of time. Give it a go!

Loko
April 8th, 2019, 18:17
Hi, I am using this extension and it seems to be working (makes the different blood splatters etc.) during combat except when the enemy dies, I get this error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)
Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE
Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE

The skull graphic appears and nothing seems to be affected or go wrong, except this error code pops up.

I get this error when a PC dies:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1018: attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)

Do I have a corrupted file or old version?

Thanks

Trenloe
April 8th, 2019, 18:21
Hi, I am using this extension and it seems to be working (makes the different blood splatters etc.) during combat except when the enemy dies, I get this error:

The skull graphic appears and nothing seems to be affected or go wrong, except this error code pops up.

I get this error when a PC dies:

Do I have a corrupted file or old version?

Thanks
There's no blood spatters, skulls, death indicators in this extension. What ruleset are you using? Are you also using the combat enhancer extension?

What other extensions are you running - the runtime notices you've provided show code for "adnd"?

It sounds like you have a bunch of incompatible extensions running... I would recommend you check all of the extensions you're running and make sure you have the latest and only run compatible extensions. You have to make sure you're running compatible and latest community extensions - FG does not auto update community extensions.

Loko
April 8th, 2019, 18:31
I am using 5E ruleset. Yes, I am running the latest (I think) 5e Combat Enhancer.

These are the extensions I currently have running:
5E Action Abilities
5E Action Effects
5E Change Initiate, Update Effects
5E No XP for NPCs
5E Combat Enhancer
5E Random Treasure Generator
Big Fonts
Core RPG - Token Helper
Core Sidebar for 5e
Core RPG - Has Initiative Indicator
DOE: Base Extension v3.2.1
DOE Sound Extension v4.2.2
DOE: Weather Extension v3.2.1
Enhanced Images (Core RPG+)
LAE: Expanded Options
MoodLighting
Window Saver

Trenloe
April 8th, 2019, 18:37
I am using 5E ruleset. Yes, I am running the latest (I think) 5e Combat Enhancer.

These are the extensions I currently have running:
5E Action Abilities
5E Action Effects
5E Change Initiate, Update Effects
5E No XP for NPCs
5E Combat Enhancer
5E Random Treasure Generator
Big Fonts
Core RPG - Token Helper
Core Sidebar for 5e
Core RPG - Has Initiative Indicator
DOE: Base Extension v3.2.1
DOE Sound Extension v4.2.2
DOE: Weather Extension v3.2.1
Enhanced Images (Core RPG+)
LAE: Expanded Options
MoodLighting
Window Saver
Please check these extensions for the most up to date versions. Also make sure you're running compatible extensions. For example, the Enhanced Images extension is incorporated in the Combat Enhancer extension, so don't run enhanced images when you are running Combat Enhancer.

You can also start a new campaign and load one extension at a time and test for the error you're experiencing. Then this will give you an idea where to check for incompatibility etc..

celestian
April 8th, 2019, 19:18
I would suggest disabling "5E Change Initiate, Update Effects" to see if the problem goes away. Based on the error it looks like something is colliding with that.

I'm not familiar with the extension for this thread so not sure what all it needs to fiddle with but that might get you working.

Loko
April 8th, 2019, 22:11
Hey guys,

I did what both of you said, I cleared off all my extensions, restarted FG and each time I restarted I would add one more extension, hoping to find the baddy. After the last restart, I could not replicate the problem. So.... idk what I did or what happened, but both your suggestions helped clear up my problem. Thank you so much.

Loko

Trenloe
April 8th, 2019, 22:13
both your suggestions helped clear up my problem. Thank you so much.
Nice one! :)