PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds issues

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 21:31
I'm running the following in a newly created campaign in Crossover using the latest test version (3.0.2):

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.2 (Build 1)
SW Calendar version 1.1 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.1 (Build 8)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker version 1.3 (Build 3)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.1 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Library version 1.2 (Build 1)

When a player clicks on any archetype in the Deluxe Players Guide he gets the following:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "agility"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "smarts"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "spirit"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "strength"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "vigor"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Ruleset Warning: bitmapwidget: Logical icon () does not exist Ruleset Warning: bitmapwidget: Logical icon (icon) does not exist Ruleset Warning: bitmapwidget: Logical icon (icon) does not exist Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "common/scripts/updated_template_traitdie.lu..."]:35: attempt to index upvalue 'bonuslistnode' (a nil value) Script Error: [string "agility"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "smarts"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "spirit"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "strength"]:1: attempt to index a nil value Script Error: [string "vigor"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2014, 21:38
Thanks, let me look into it.

JPG

Ikael
January 10th, 2014, 22:26
I'm running the following in a newly created campaign in Crossover using the latest test version (3.0.2):

When a player clicks on any archetype in the Deluxe Players Guide he gets the following:

Hmm, you're using slightly out-dated SW ruleset. The latest is Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2)
I do not get any issues when using 3.0.2 with otherwise similar setup

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 22:29
No mine is the latest: 3.4.2

Ikael
January 10th, 2014, 22:36
No mine is the latest: 3.4.2

Aha! At least know we know there is issues between 3.4.1 (Build 2) and 3.4.2 (Build 1)

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2014, 00:07
The Mind Reading Power doesn't appear to be in the SW Deluxe Players Guide and when I went to see if it was in the Fantasy Companion I got the following error when I tried to select it in the library:

Script Error: [string "ref/scripts/updated_ref_powerlistitem.lua"]:128: attempt to index global 'targetNode' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
January 11th, 2014, 00:16
This happens both in v3.0.1 and v3.0.2, with either the older or newer SavageWorlds ruleset, and regardless of whether Enhanced Library extension is loaded.

Basically, the ruleset attempts to create database nodes in the database for various hidden fields, and the script errors indicate failure.

In v2.9.4, the read-only nature of the database was intermittently enforced (both static data, and player-side data). In v3.0, the static attribute always applies to UI interactions but not to scripts, and the player-side is strictly enforced.

I'll have to patch up the SW code to handle this better.

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2014, 00:50
I'm going to keep all 'issues' here as Ikael is watching, even if they might be extension based.

When adding a new Power to a character sheet the Rank isn't editable.

Moon Wizard
January 11th, 2014, 10:04
MurghBpurn,

When is your game this weekend?

I have quite a few changes to the ruleset code queued up to avoid script errors, but I'm concerned that it will generate other errors in the short term. I wanted to make sure you are good for your game with the current test version before I push the next potentially problematic batch of fixes.

Cheers,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 11th, 2014, 10:07
I have two both 2000 GMT, Saturday and Sunday.

Moon Wizard
January 11th, 2014, 10:12
On the other 2 items,

1. From what I can tell, it looks like the double-entry is related to module editing in the library which is part of Ikael's Enhanced Library extension; so I'm going to let him tackle. Ikael, let me know if you have any questions. MurghBpurn, if it's something else, then let me know.

2. I don't believe the power records have ever been editable on the SW character sheet.

Regards,
JPG

Ikael
January 11th, 2014, 11:22
On the other 2 items,

1. From what I can tell, it looks like the double-entry is related to module editing in the library which is part of Ikael's Enhanced Library extension; so I'm going to let him tackle. Ikael, let me know if you have any questions. MurghBpurn, if it's something else, then let me know.

2. I don't believe the power records have ever been editable on the SW character sheet.

Regards,
JPG

1. Double-entries are easily fixed by locking drophander for the duration of the first drop. But then again, it always bugged me why does it invoke onDrop twice, but never had interest in checking it out more deeply.

2. Power records are not editable when they are in character sheet because they are reference to modules, and not copy of the content.

Moon Wizard
January 12th, 2014, 05:55
Is the drop being passed to the same object twice, perhaps by a child object that does not return true?

You can try inserting a couple debug tags into your drop handler to see where it's being called from:
Debug.console("DROP HANDLER");
printstack();

Regards,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2014, 10:34
From last night's session:

Necromancer and Master Necromancer edges are swapped in the Horror Companion.
Players see languages in the language list whether they are hidden or not.
Not everyone saw the shaken image on the token (when I selected it from the CT).
With locked tokens, the move arrow wasn't being cleared properly. A 0" marker was often shown under player tokens.
Script error when the CT was shared with the players

windowlist: Could not find windowclass (minitracker_effect) for control (effects) in windowclass (minitracker_combatant) Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (minitracker_effect) for control (effects) in windowclass (minitracker_combatant) Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (minitracker_effect) for control (effects) in windowclass (minitracker_combatant) Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (minitracker_effect) for control (effects) in windowclass (minitracker_combatant) Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (minitracker_effect) for control (effects) in windowclass (minitracker_combatant) Ruleset Error: windowlist: Could not find windowclass (minitracker_effect) for control (effects) in windowclass (minitracker_combatant)

No game breakers :)

Edit:

Just remembered another not sure if this is intended or not, however imo it's a backward step if it is.

When I last ran as a GM, when i created GM IDs with /gmid the ID would be added to a list, now it seems to only change a one ID slot (the first). Granted I can create a personality and that personality's speech bubble will create an ID that stays, however thats a few clicks too many imo.

Mask_of_winter
January 12th, 2014, 10:49
Script error when the CT was shared with the players

No game breakers :)

This must be with the use of Ikael's latest combat tracker extension. I ran into the same errors as well. Each time I share it or switch to the next PC or NPC on the tracker. It was with Deadlands and using the adapter.

Ikael
January 12th, 2014, 14:45
When I last ran as a GM, when i created GM IDs with /gmid the ID would be added to a list, now it seems to only change a one ID slot (the first). Granted I can create a personality and that personality's speech bubble will create an ID that stays, however thats a few clicks too many imo.

/gmid changes Gamemaster identity (always the first one)
/id adds new identity

I think the later is what you are looking for, it has been like this for years :)

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2014, 14:57
/gmid changes Gamemaster identity (always the first one)
/id adds new identity

I think the later is what you are looking for, it has been like this for years :)

Thanks!

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's been a while since I've been in the GM chair with FG. :D

VenomousFiligree
January 13th, 2014, 19:00
/r was being up errors when used in chat

VenomousFiligree
January 17th, 2014, 20:41
When I go to manage characters (no extensions loaded) I get the following:

Ruleset Error: Panel (statdiecup) defined with a class (statdiecup) that does not exist.

I wasn't sure how to add a portrait, however if I drag a portrait to the portrait position on the sheet, I get the following:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_character.lua"]:186: setPortrait: Must use databasenode object as parameter 1 in local mode

VenomousFiligree
January 19th, 2014, 22:34
Toady's issues:

When I type /gmid [name] the gmid slot changes to 'gmid', when I type /id [name] the id slot goes to 'id'
I got the following error when I hit the next button on the last combatant in the tracker:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:289: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)
Twice when I've hit the return to launcher button, FG has crashed.

Edit:

Also my players reported that there was no way to import PCs

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2014, 07:19
MurghBpurn,

Found the combat tracker script error, but can't recreate the others.

Which extensions are you running right now?

Thanks,
JPG

Mask_of_winter
January 20th, 2014, 08:31
Toady's issues:

I got the following error when I hit the next button on the last combatant in the tracker:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:289: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil)
Twice when I've hit the return to launcher button, FG has crashed.

I've been having the same issue, getting the same error but when I tried without the combat tracker extension enhancement the problem went away. I was about to report it but had lost the script error message.

VenomousFiligree
January 20th, 2014, 10:53
MurghBpurn,

Found the combat tracker script error, but can't recreate the others.

Which extensions are you running right now?

Thanks,
JPG
The most current versions of those listed in the first post.

VenomousFiligree
January 20th, 2014, 18:54
The most current versions of those listed in the first post.

To clarify:

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.2 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.1 (Build 8)
SW Enhanced Combat Tracker version 1.3 (Build 4)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.1 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Library version 1.2 (Build 1)

VenomousFiligree
January 20th, 2014, 19:14
In the character manager with all the above extensions selected and the Hellfrost Extension I get the following error when I drag a skill dice from the sheet:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/updated_modifierstack.lua"]:236: attempt to index upvalue 'cpsControl' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2014, 23:36
OK, just pushed a v3.0.2 update that should:
* Fix the CT error when a combatant is activated which has a joker initiative card.
* Fix the slash commands for all Ikael's extensions.
* Fix the script error when rolling skills in Manage Characters mode.

Let me know if you can figure out how to recreate the crash, and I'll get that one squashed too. I haven't seen any crashes on my side.

Thanks,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 24th, 2014, 09:03
Only managed to play around with the character manager at the moment

Latest test version no extensions loaded

When I click the preferences button I get:

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (preflist)

If I try to export a completely blank character (I know why would you want to!) I get:

Script Error: [string "utility/scripts/utility_charactersummarylis..."]:5: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Putting a name in rectifies this.

Lots of ruleset warnings (same ones multiple times when you change pages):

Ruleset Warning: bitmapwidget: Logical icon () does not exist
Ruleset Warning: bitmapwidget: Logical icon (icon) does not exist

Trenloe
January 24th, 2014, 09:37
Only managed to play around with the character manager at the moment
Yeah I'm seeing similar errors in Manage Characters.

One thing I can't remember - was Manage Characters ever supported for previous versions of the Savage Worlds ruleset? I know it isn't for some rulesets...

Moon Wizard
January 24th, 2014, 19:38
I don't think it was, but I'm not positive. I've just been patching it anyway.

Regards,
JPG

Mask_of_winter
January 27th, 2014, 01:03
In 3.0.2 , Savage Worlds, every time either the player or gm opens up the character and switch tabs we get this error. And yes, my credentials are in the settings window.

Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/charsheet_portrait.lua"]:22: attempt to index field 'portrait' (a nil value)

VenomousFiligree
January 27th, 2014, 13:45
MoW, I did get that, however it went away with latest version of FG and all the latest versions of Ikael's extensions.

Mask_of_winter
January 28th, 2014, 12:55
yeah Ikael's extensions did fix that error but brought in another error instead hehe

phantomwhale
February 4th, 2014, 11:41
In 3.0.2 , Savage Worlds, every time either the player or gm opens up the character and switch tabs we get this error. And yes, my credentials are in the settings window.

Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/charsheet_portrait.lua"]:22: attempt to index field 'portrait' (a nil value)

Deadlands: Reloaded has that bug still - I'm going through the extensions looking for bug cleanups this week.

Also spotted the Logical icon does not exist errors - they are next on my list...
[EDIT] or I could get the LATEST version from moon_wizard (3.4.2, build 3) and merge the fix in from that... *grumble*

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2014, 00:52
Sorry. If I didn't have so many things queued up, I'd port it in myself.

JPG

Mgrancey
February 5th, 2014, 20:34
Oh, I thought that was just cause I had used the Character Sheet Ext and then reverted back. In which case I am having the same issue.

phantomwhale
February 7th, 2014, 11:13
Sorry. If I didn't have so many things queued up, I'd port it in myself.

JPG

And put all those semi-colons back in my nice, clean code ? Never !! :D

Fixes pushed up to the FTP share and follow up mail sent. Suggest we try them on the Test Channel first, so that they get a little extra playtesting...