PDA

View Full Version : Assigning Damage

PhilFischer
January 10th, 2014, 04:36
I have a PC in PFRPG that has a weapon that does 1d8 slashing and 1d6 fire.

How do I make it so the d8 when rolled says slashing damage and the d6 is doing flame damage.

I'm trying to put something in the damage type line:
slashing 1d8, flaming 1d6

Any help of where I can find in help or forums appreciated.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2014, 07:45
I'm not aware of a way to add different damage dice to a single weapon. Probably one of the best ways is to add an effect: DMG:1d6 fire

The main issue here is that you'll need to add it when you're using the weapon and remove it when you're using another weapon. A matter of adding an effect in the actions tab: create an "Effects" spell class, create a "Fire damage" 'spell' and right click and add spell actions - add effect.

Or add another weapon in the actions tab that just has 1d6 damage of type fire. Then double-click on the main weapon to apply 1d8 slashing damage and double-click on the additional one to apply the 1d6 fire.

Nickademus
January 10th, 2014, 09:19
You're better off with an effect that adds +1d6 fire damage or at least an a damage action that deals 1d6 fire damage marked as a spell. If you use a second weapon for the fire damage, you'll run into trouble with damage reduction reducing the fire damage.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2014, 09:41
If you use a second weapon for the fire damage, you'll run into trouble with damage reduction reducing the fire damage.
If you use a "Dmg Type" of "fire" in the weapon details FG will recognise this as an energy type and not a weapon damage type and DR will not apply. As far as the ruleset handling damage this is effectively the same as using the "DMGTYPE: fire" or "DMG: 1d6 fire" effects.

Here's Fire Starter killing a skeleton, no DR being applied here. :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Damge%20Type%20Fire.JPG

Callum
January 10th, 2014, 11:57
A wicked fire starter!

Trenloe
January 10th, 2014, 12:06
A wicked fire starter!
Yeah, he's a bit of a prodigy! :D