PDA

View Full Version : Player Cap

Nickademus
January 10th, 2014, 00:50
Is it possible and how hard would it be for FG to have a maximum number of players added as an option when creating a campaign. If it already has this, I am unaware of how to set it. It would be nice to be able to host an open session that had a set number of players that could connect at one time. When the cap is reached, new players trying to connect receive a message to try back later. And when someone disconnects for more than 5 minutes the spot becomes free for a new player to join.

Moon Wizard
January 10th, 2014, 02:58
Nothing like that right now. Please throw it on the wish list so I can keep track of it.

Regards,
JPG

gmkieran
January 10th, 2014, 14:09
Curiosity as a player/GM, Nickademus - what kind of campaign are you running where you can expect to have more people trying to join than you intended to have playing and/or have people waiting to take the place of someone dropping out?

Cheers!

Nickademus
January 10th, 2014, 18:44
I'd like the open session for character creation, demos, shopping sessions for server characters , PvP arena sessions and stuff like that. I don't know how or if Fantasy Grounds handles too many players attempting to join a game. Would it keep allowing until FG crashed? Or would it just lag to a halt? Or is there a hard limit in the code already?

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 19:04
Out of interest Doswelk has run with 10 players (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?13192-OMG!-10-Players!).

Nickademus
January 10th, 2014, 19:07
Good to know.

Griogre
January 11th, 2014, 19:45
There is no limit on number of to connections to the host - the only practical limitation is the host's "Up" bandwidth. On a commercial type Internet connection that could be a large number.