PDA

View Full Version : Players can only connect via LAN.

EonVankmer
January 5th, 2014, 16:23
I recently bought the Ultimate License for myself and a couple of friends to play online. I've done the port forwarding on my router, we're using hamachi but the only way players seem to be able to connect is via LAN which is not ideal due to not being in the same house.

We have been able to connect when in another house that I live in (I swap between parents homes so I have two different computers) but when I try to connect at my Dad's the players can't connect via either the external ip given by fantasy grounds or the ip given by hamachi.

I am using the most recent version of hamachi and fantasy grounds and yet still no connection.

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated,

Adam.

EonVankmer
January 5th, 2014, 16:27
Addition:

All connections have been tried with all anti-virus and firewalls disabled, and both hamachi and FG have been reinstalled multiple times.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2014, 16:28
When you're are your dad's house can you connect on the LAN OK? i.e. have you ever had any connections from another PC while at your dad's house?

EonVankmer
January 5th, 2014, 16:30
I've had two other computers connect via LAN whilst in the house, never had another outside computer join no. This was on the same router, and not through hamachi.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2014, 16:35
I've had two other computers connect via LAN whilst in the house, never had another outside computer join no. This was on the same router, and not through hamachi.
OK, good to know - this means the computer is not blocking connections completely.

It's strange that Hamachi is not working though - this usually gets around issues with port forwarding. In Windows "Network and Sharing Center" is the Hamachi interface "Public" or Private (home or work)?

Stupid question - but, sorry, got to ask it just in case. When using Hamachi are all of the people running the Hamachi client and connected to the same Hamachi virtual network?

EonVankmer
January 5th, 2014, 16:41
Hamachi is in the public network and we're all connected to the same one, and it's fine best to root out the obvious stuff first.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2014, 16:55
Check in Windows firewall that Fantasy Grounds is allowed access to "Public" networks - usually it is only allowed access to private networks.

EonVankmer
January 5th, 2014, 16:56
Got the issue fixed, it was Comodo blocking the connections but I had it running in Game Mode so I couldn't see that it was blocking it.

Thank you for all your help.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2014, 17:00
No worries at all - glad you got it working. :)