PDA

View Full Version : Running combat from tracker only?

biomage
January 4th, 2014, 15:22
In previous versions of FG, I was able to run combat from the Combat Tracker. However, it seems with v3 I can no longer do that. Is there any way to see targets or select targets from the combat tracker? Thanks.

Griogre
January 4th, 2014, 20:07
I don't believe the targeting functionality is still there on the combat tracker. You can drag and drop the attack and damage rolls from the monster to the PC (or another monster) on the tracker. This is awkward if there are a lot of creatures on the tracker. Alternatively, I usually drag and drop the attack and damage rolls from monsters on the combat tracker on to the PC character portraits on the top of the FG desktop. They never move, and are large and easy to hit. :p

Moon Wizard
January 4th, 2014, 21:17
Due to the way targeting changed in the client, the integration of targeting with the tracker was lost. Given the commentary so far, I'm considering the best way to add this back in, but this change is behind other items I'm working on to refine v3.0.x at this point.

Regards,
JPG

biomage
January 5th, 2014, 03:13
Loss of the functionality is pretty insignificant compared to the other benefits. I guess I'll just try to get used to working without it.

damned
January 5th, 2014, 04:46
i never used the targeting before in Castles&Crusades - Im not sure it even worked properly in that ruleset. we would just drag attacks onto combat tracker or tokens on map.
I just tried targeting last night when an enemy wizard fired a lightning bolt at my party - it was cool :)