PDA

View Full Version : Unable to upgrade from Lite to Full

mbabbs
January 3rd, 2014, 23:10
Hi

I have purchased the upgrade and received a download link. When I select the link I download a 20kb app that states it doesnt run on my version of Windows (I have Win 7 and have Lite installed). I suspect there is an issue with the download link.

.....now when I select the link I am redirected to a page stating 'Not Permitted'

Can you help?

mbabbs
January 3rd, 2014, 23:13
Ah ok - Ignore me - I just need to put in the activation license key.

ddavison
January 4th, 2014, 00:36
Ah ok - Ignore me - I just need to put in the activation license key.

mbabbs,

We just now updated this to provide the upgrade instructions via the patch tool instead of the separate installer. I'm sorry it took us this long to make that change, but we're glad that you got it figured out on your own.

For anyone else searching for this issue or in need of a future re-install, here are the instructions:

Thanks for upgrading your Lite license to a Full license.

We have now fully integrated the upgrade process directly into our patch tool. You should get an upgrade key sent to your email and attached to your Order History (available from the Store page when logged in to the forums.) Once you get this key, follow these steps to complete your installation:

1. launch Fantasy Grounds and go to settings.
2. Enter your new key into your Upgrade Key window (complete with dashs).
3. You must also include your original Lite license key in the License Key window.
4. Enter your forum user name into the User Name field and click Update.
5. Click OK to save your new settings and return to the main Updater screen.
6. Click Update
7. When the update completes, your should now see the Full license functionality

Please note: If you ever need to reinstall your license, you will need to enter both your original Lite license key and your Lite-to-Full upgrade key.

Thanks and Happy Gaming!

-Doug