PDA

View Full Version : A Savage Worlds Pathfinder Adventure Path ...

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2014, 21:42
... would there be any interest?

lachancery
January 2nd, 2014, 21:50
... would there be any interest?
I may be confused (having never played SW), but aren't Pathfinder and Savage Worlds both rule systems?

Do you mean running with the Pathfinder rules in the world setting of Savage Worlds? Do you mean running with the Savage Worlds rules in the world setting of Pathfinder?

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2014, 21:57
I may be confused (having never played SW), but aren't Pathfinder and Savage Worlds both rule systems?

Do you mean running with the Pathfinder rules in the world setting of Savage Worlds? Do you mean running with the Savage Worlds rules in the world setting of Pathfinder?

Pathfinder has lots of Adventure Paths, which is good, unfortunately I'm not a fan of the complex (imo) rules. Savage Worlds has great rules (imo), but no extended in-depth adventures.

I came across this (https://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/convert2.html) and thought it would make running a Pathfinder AP so much easier with Savage Worlds...

damned
January 2nd, 2014, 22:07
agreed - take the great content and play it with your choice of framework/ruleset.
you will have to manage the challenge scaling and possibly even swap some races out but still a hell of a lot less work than writing your own AP.

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2014, 22:15
...you will have to manage the challenge scaling and possibly even swap some races out...

I don't think I would. SW players (should) know that even a kobold can kill a high level PC, due to exploding dice. And players should always be willing to conduct a tactical withdrawal (and be appropriately rewarded).

damned
January 2nd, 2014, 22:23
ahhh - so you are saying your savage players are smarter than my castles and crusades players huh?
right. that sounds like a challenge....
oh... hang on... my players are not always very clever...

VenomousFiligree
January 2nd, 2014, 22:30
In retrospect, players are never as clever as the GM thinks they should be. Or is it they just never behave as the GM wishes they would!

VenomousFiligree
January 3rd, 2014, 00:51
Looks like there's interest for a Sunday evening (GMT) game (https://plus.google.com/101615573486204248039/posts/ZFkb4qz1vg5)