PDA

View Full Version : Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/AR4800 - Nashkel.jpg)

flaviodupim
December 31st, 2013, 20:55
Hello folks,
Good evening!

I´m working on a project to play on Fantasy Ground the Baldur's Gate Saga. But I have been getting an error, when I click on a map, identified as "Database Error: image: Invalid file (images/AR4800 - Nashkel.jpg)". I have just added this images and worked on it all the day, all now this error appeared again.

I think that it is a kind of bug. Could you help me please?

flaviodupim
December 31st, 2013, 21:00
I don't know why, but only the bmp pictures are opening on FG. All the JPG ones are not.

damned
January 1st, 2014, 00:09
can you post the image somewhere so we can test?

flaviodupim
January 1st, 2014, 00:43
I used the old data base and the software was fixed. Now it is working again, although I dont know when it will be fine.

The picture is attached.

can you post the image somewhere so we can test?

flaviodupim
January 1st, 2014, 00:46
Below there was some pictures that I did before the failure.

damned
January 1st, 2014, 00:56
can you test the filename without the "-"?

Im not sure I understand this line:

I used the old data base and the software was fixed. Now it is working again, although I dont know when it will be fine.

flaviodupim
January 1st, 2014, 14:14
Sorry, I wrote it very fast.

Yesterday I got the db backup file and changed its name for db (most atualized data base file). I didnt delete the original DB file, but I keep it with another name (DB01). After that I could access again the Nashkel Map file, but this didnt have all the modifications that I had done before the crash, because the software was reading the renamed DB-Backup.

So i decided to test after this fixing if the most atualized data base returned to work. I picked it again, returning the name for the original DB one and everything was fixed again.

Today, I was continuing to do the adventure and now the problem returned again and I can't access the map anymore. It is a bug that I dont know how to fix.

Did you understand now?

can you test the filename without the "-"?

Im not sure I understand this line:

Moon Wizard
January 1st, 2014, 20:53
Can you zip up the campaign folder and send to me at [email protected]? Also, I need to get the steps to recreate the error with the campaign.

Thanks,
JPG

flaviodupim
January 2nd, 2014, 00:23
I will have to host the compressed file on 4shared, because the size was to big to send by mail. Below, there is the download link:

https://www.4shared.com/rar/bPR-fMLH/Baldurs_Gate.html

Thanks for the support.

Can you zip up the campaign folder and send to me at [email protected]? Also, I need to get the steps to recreate the error with the campaign.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
January 2nd, 2014, 05:45
Hmm, can you use some other service besides 4shared? I can't find a link that doesn't require me to login and provide a bunch of information to them; and I don't trust 4shared at all.

You can try Google Drive, which is much more reputable.

Regards,
JPG

JohnD
January 2nd, 2014, 20:45
I like your extracted maps. When I did that the water all showed up as a fluorescent lime green... how did you manage to avoid that?

flaviodupim
January 3rd, 2014, 01:30
Moon Wizard,

Below, the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5FOqhpKpv0HY0xFQTBpU01TSDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the support.

Hmm, can you use some other service besides 4shared? I can't find a link that doesn't require me to login and provide a bunch of information to them; and I don't trust 4shared at all.

You can try Google Drive, which is much more reputable.

Regards,
JPG

flaviodupim
January 3rd, 2014, 01:32
John,
I removed the chroma key (green) using the Photosop. After that, I put a water picture under the map. Did you like it?
I like your extracted maps. When I did that the water all showed up as a fluorescent lime green... how did you manage to avoid that?

JohnD
January 3rd, 2014, 01:46
Yes, looks great. Wish I knew how to work with Photoshop.

flaviodupim
January 3rd, 2014, 02:07
Man, believe... If I can do that, anyone can. Its very easy. If you have the software installed It would be a pleasure to show you how to do it.
Yes, looks great. Wish I knew how to work with Photoshop.

Moon Wizard
January 3rd, 2014, 08:51
I was not able to recreate this error on my machine. However, that load error appears whenever an image is unable to be loaded and processed by the image library. I believe that the issue is a memory limitation, since the FantasyGrounds task was using 1.6GB of memory with all the maps and modules open at once. In a 32-bit Windows operating system, this is close to the maximum for a single program, which leads me to my hypothesis that FG is running out a memory on your machine. Also, the number of tokens you have in the tokens data directory will also impact that limit.

We usually recommend image files which are in the 1MB range in order to make sure that network transmission of the image files is fast. Larger image files may cause long load times. In this case, the large images are actually a memory hog too. Also, mask and drawing layers maintain the same pixel count as the original image, so will also be large (though they are black and white only, so smaller).

To be honest, the image handling and network handling are not where I want them to be in FG, and larger images tend to be a challenge. Also, images are not currently unloaded from memory when the image window is closed, so opening all the images means that they are all open.

My suggestions is to cut the map dimensions by a significant amount (75%), especially for room encounters.

Regards,
JPG

flaviodupim
January 3rd, 2014, 09:46
Moon, I think you got the point. The problem started when I saved the tokens on the directory and reduced the size of the maps to improve the connection speed. I will try initialy to see what happens if I removed the tokens.

Any news, bad or good, I will inform you.

Thanks for your support.

I will try to change then and
I was not able to recreate this error on my machine. However, that load error appears whenever an image is unable to be loaded and processed by the image library. I believe that the issue is a memory limitation, since the FantasyGrounds task was using 1.6GB of memory with all the maps and modules open at once. In a 32-bit Windows operating system, this is close to the maximum for a single program, which leads me to my hypothesis that FG is running out a memory on your machine. Also, the number of tokens you have in the tokens data directory will also impact that limit.

We usually recommend image files which are in the 1MB range in order to make sure that network transmission of the image files is fast. Larger image files may cause long load times. In this case, the large images are actually a memory hog too. Also, mask and drawing layers maintain the same pixel count as the original image, so will also be large (though they are black and white only, so smaller).

To be honest, the image handling and network handling are not where I want them to be in FG, and larger images tend to be a challenge. Also, images are not currently unloaded from memory when the image window is closed, so opening all the images means that they are all open.

My suggestions is to cut the map dimensions by a significant amount (75%), especially for room encounters.

Regards,
JPG

flaviodupim
January 8th, 2014, 01:15
Moon,
Good night!

On this last weekend I removed the tokiens installed on the directory and the program back to work. Thanks for the help!

Best regards.

Moon, I think you got the point. The problem started when I saved the tokens on the directory and reduced the size of the maps to improve the connection speed. I will try initialy to see what happens if I removed the tokens.

Any news, bad or good, I will inform you.

Thanks for your support.

I will try to change then and