PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon ()

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 04:51
I'm getting this warning when I load up with my custom ruleset, but it's not really giving me a lot of information as to where to look. I see icon functions all over the place so I assume they are inherited from somewhere... or perhaps this is a specific icon setting that is not being made? Any helpful suggestions as to where to start looking would be great. Thanks.

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 05:09
It all depends on exactly what warning you are getting.

Usually, the warning contains the windowclass and control where the specific icon cannot be found or is not defined.

For example:

Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Link icon not defined for control (chat) in windowclass (chat)

The above warning indicates that the link icon is not defined for control "chat" in windowclass "chat". So, do a find in files for <windowclass name="chat"> and then work through the XML to see where the link icon is missing.

Also:

Ruleset Warning: scrollercontrol: Could not find zoom icon () in windowclass (dieboxview)

The "zoom" icon is blank "()" in the "scrollercontrol" control in windowsclass "dieboxview" - so search for <windowclass name="dieboxview"> in all files and then work from there. in this case, as it is blank, it means that an <icon> is not defined for the control in the XML: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/scrollercontrol.xcp

Remember that XML templates may be used so you may have to do further "find in files" to get to where the specific icon is defined or, more probably, not defined.

You'll have to refer to the specific control documentation in the library to see how icons are defined for a specific control.

As you have specifically said "chat: could not find icon()" in the title of this thread then it is more than likely that the "chat" control doesn't have an <icon> definition in the XML. You may have other icon warning too.

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 05:19
Hrm. That search came up with nada. Could it be pulling in something linked through CoreRPG (the subruleset)?
I did a search for <windowclass name="chat"> in both my ruleset and in CoreRPG and it came up with no items found.

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 05:21
"chat: could not find icon()" is referring to "chat" the control - not "chat" the windowclass.

What is the full warning you are receiving?

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 05:24
Ah.. found it.. the search was too specific.
Found this in desktop_classes.xml : <windowclass name="chat" merge="join">
Might it have something to do with : <chatwindow name="chat"> ?

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 05:25
"chat: could not find icon()" is referring to "chat" the control - not "chat" the windowclass.

What is the full warning you are receiving?
The title of the thread is the full warning.. yeah.. not a lot of info huh?

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 05:32
Might it have something to do with : <chatwindow name="chat"> ?
Yep - that is a control called "chat".

Add a relevant <icon> entry to the control and see if the error goes away.

I'm not sure what the implication of adding an <icon> entry to a chatwindow control is, so perhaps make the icon small and insignificant.

Are you getting this warning in 3.0.1? I thought M_W removed some of the warnings.

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 05:39
Hrm. Something isn't quite right because I'm not actually messing with desktop_classes.xml in my ruleset.. it inherits it directly from CoreRPG... there obviously must be a problem in my ruleset since this warning doesn't occur normally...
I'm running 3.0.1 now but was getting the warning this morning before I updated... I'm going to keep looking... thanks for the help getting started.

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 05:41
I'm running 3.0.1 now but was getting the warning this morning before I updated.
Yes, you would have seen the warning before updating to 3.0.1 - as 3.0 did display warnings for missing <icon> definitions. CoreRPG on it's own in 3.0 would display this warning. Are you getting the warning in 3.0.1?

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 05:42
Yeah... still getting it.

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 05:47
Run CoreRPG on it's own - does it say "CoreRPG v3.0.1 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds." in the chat window?

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 05:48
Started a 'clean' Test of CoreRPG and did not get the warning..
Started a 'clean' Test of my ruleset and the warning is back.. Hrm. Seems to be something I've screwed up somewhere.

EDIT: Yeah.. everything is 3.0.1

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 05:53
What version do you have in the <root> tag of your base.xml for the custom ruleset?

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 06:03
It was 3.0 but I changed it to 3.0.1 and it had no effect on the warning.
I wonder if this has something to do with the stray JPG tag that shows up when I load... I tried to track it down a while back but I don't think I was able to clearly communicate what the issue was... hrm.

Yep.. that was it. My attempt to fix the stray graphic created the error.

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 06:13
I tracked this display issue back to 2 things.
1 part is coming from the onInit() of data_common.lua and is a pretty standard thing... I display my 'msg.text'
but before that something is displaying 'portrait_ruleset_token.png' .. I assume this is coming from CoreRPG but it doesn't display the CoreRPG text.

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 06:18
OK.. so a revisit on this actually helped me figure that issue out as well. Thanks for the assist Trenloe.