PDA

View Full Version : Slash Vote Issues With Multiple LocalHost Connections

dulux-oz
December 30th, 2013, 02:01
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I've been out of the loop for over a week.

The Situation
========
Using FG3.0.0 on Windows 7, loading up the Host as "host", connecting the first client as "client 2" via localhost, then the second client as "client 1" via localhost - yes, obviously all three instances of FG are running on the same computer.

The Problem(???)
===========
When issuing a Slash Vote command from any of the three instances of FG, only one Vote Circle appears on any of the instances, and the Vote Circle is only "live" for the last client to connect ("client 1" in this case). Yes, I know the Vote Circle will not be live for the host, but in FG2.9.x using the same Situation two Vote Circles were displayed, one of each client.

The Question
========
Is this new functionality "by design", or have I found an "undocumented feature"? :p

Oh, and Merry Christmas to one and all!

Trenloe
December 30th, 2013, 02:10
Bottom line - you should not run more than 1 player client on the same PC - whether connecting as localhost or connecting to a GM on another PC. The client downloads and updates the campaign cache always in the same folder - having 2 clients downloading, updating and accessing the same campaign cache files will give you errors/crashes at some point.

EDIT: If you want to run multiple clients you will have to use some form of virtual machine to run multiple Windows instances - however, the clients in the VMs will not connect to localhost so this will mean that you need a license for each client that is connecting from a VM or the GM instance needs to be an ultimate license.

dulux-oz
December 30th, 2013, 03:15
So what I'm hearing is that this is now "by design" - damn! That's going to make producing my Tutorial Videos more complicated!

Oh well, kay-sera-sera - and yes, I know that's not spelt correctly - "Damn-it Jim, I'm a coder, not an English teacher!" :-)