PDA

View Full Version : Cannot drag/drop items in from modules

Nonnag
December 28th, 2013, 16:24
Ever since I have updated FG I cannot drag/drop items into my inventory tab or weapons into the combat tab. I can drop powers and feats but not items of any kind. Ive tried it every way i could think with the edit icons that have been added pretty much everywhere. Anybody else having the same problem?

Griogre
December 28th, 2013, 19:33
Some module issues have been fixed in the next patch beta, version 3.0.1. There have also been some backwards compatibility fixes for some older rulesets. Which ruleset are you having the problem with?

Nonnag
December 28th, 2013, 19:50
in 4e character manager. if i run the pre made 4e campaign I can import the xml and modify/add items then export it when im done but then they wont be local characters. I cannot import files to the 4e character manager either, nor can I save the xml to the characters folder for some reason FG wont make them visible when I run the program after adding the file. (that i created on FG to begin with)

yes i tried a reinstallation as well. It used to work before the update for my situation so im guessing the patch will fix alot of it. hopefully. (crosses fingers)

Griogre
December 28th, 2013, 20:06
Hmm, glad you mentioned it was in managed characters. I don't remember seeing a report about that. What version of FG do you have: Ultimate, Full, or Lite?

Nonnag
December 28th, 2013, 20:15
Full. v 3.0.0

sciencephile
December 29th, 2013, 03:51
I found tonight that I cannot drag and drop inventory items while in the Manage Characters mode of PFRPG. That's the only place I have noticed.

Trenloe
December 29th, 2013, 08:11
in 4e character manager. if i run the pre made 4e campaign I can import the xml and modify/add items then export it when im done but then they wont be local characters. I cannot import files to the 4e character manager either, nor can I save the xml to the characters folder for some reason FG wont make them visible when I run the program after adding the file. (that i created on FG to begin with)

yes i tried a reinstallation as well. It used to work before the update for my situation so im guessing the patch will fix alot of it. hopefully. (crosses fingers)
You should be able to import a FG PC XML file exported from a 4e campaign into "local import" which will make the PC available in manage characters:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Character%20Converter.JPG

Moon Wizard
December 30th, 2013, 01:26
You can only edit "local" characters in the Manage Characters capability.

If you are looking at characters from a campaign you logged into, the character records are read only, since the record on the player machine is only a copy of the character from the end of the last time you logged onto host machine. The host machine has the only editable copy.

I'll double-check drag and drop for local characters as well; in case that's the issue.

Regards,
JPG

Nonnag
December 30th, 2013, 03:36
You should be able to import a FG PC XML file exported from a 4e campaign into "local import" which will make the PC available in manage characters:

ok ill try that.

Nonnag
December 30th, 2013, 03:38
You can only edit "local" characters in the Manage Characters capability.

If you are looking at characters from a campaign you logged into, the character records are read only, since the record on the player machine is only a copy of the character from the end of the last time you logged onto host machine. The host machine has the only editable copy.

I'll double-check drag and drop for local characters as well; in case that's the issue.

Regards,
JPG

No it isnt characters from a previous campaign because if I create a new character using FG character manager, it still wont let me drag/drop items and equipment from my modules.

Moon Wizard
December 30th, 2013, 03:54
Thanks for the update. I will look into it.

Regards,
JPG

Nonnag
December 30th, 2013, 04:11
Roger that. thanks

Nonnag
December 31st, 2013, 17:36
You should be able to import a FG PC XML file exported from a 4e campaign into "local import" which will make the PC available in manage character

ok ill try that.

it did indeed work for a local character import thank you. I didnt realize you could use the converter for FG xml instead of the DND insider character creator. I still have yet to figure out how to drag/drop items into tabs even on local imported characters via 4e character manager or even new characters created.