PDA

View Full Version : Problems with players crashing and being unable to log in again.

Karrth
December 25th, 2013, 10:47
Merry Christmas!

My group and I have run into a problem with the 3.0

(All of this is in the 3.5 ruleset.)

Every time one of my players try to edit his inventory his client crashes. The only error message we get is "a problem caused windows to close the program"

Next up is the fact that at randome my players can't connect to the server without the host client is restarted. This however is an older problem that I've encountered before but I haven't reported it.

Karrth
December 25th, 2013, 10:56
Just did some testing, and the problem is there in the pathfinder ruleset as well.

We managed to narrow down the source of the crash to this: Everytime he tries to edit the location of a piece of equipment (for example a scroll case that is in his backpack) or when he tries to add to the treasure box on the sheet the client simply stops working with the above error.

Karrth
December 27th, 2013, 10:51
Think we found the problem.

His push-to-talk in teamspeak was pagedown and that was the problem. After he changed that we haven't had a crash :)

Moon Wizard
December 27th, 2013, 11:32
So, when he held PgDown key to push-to-talk while editing in the character inventory, FG was crashing?

If so, I still might need to take a quick look to see if I can reproduce.

Thanks,
JPG

Karrth
December 27th, 2013, 23:22
Yes, when he tried to speak while editng the inventory he crashed.

We have had no crash in 12 hours of game time after he changed push to talk.