PDA

View Full Version : est (gmt -5) pfs games at 19h00, mon or thu, on-going weekly (beginning at 1st level)

tahl_liadon
December 23rd, 2013, 22:11
caveat this is an experiment.

goal run pfs scenarios in sequential order (by level, not by sub-tier) so players may begin at level 1 and advance onward to level 12 (and maybe beyond) at a set pace.

level advancement normal. a player may advance 1 level at every 3 weeks of continuous play. if player missed a session, it can be made up elsewhere. player may then return here to get "back on track." for example, first 3 continuous sessions will get a pc from level 1 to level 2; second set of 3 weeks will advanced the pc to level 3; etc., etc. so any missed session from the first 3 games cannot be made up because we would continue to level 2 in the next 3 sessions. (it's a commitment thing, you could say, if you buy in.)

regardless of sub-tiers, i intend to keep all pcs level equal to apl (average party level), i.e. all party members will be at same level at all times.

this set up is ideal for anyone who is looking for regular play schedule and a predictable pc progression with the pathfinder society. this is also conducive to ridding the feeling of under- or over-power due to mixing of levels within a sub-tier. of course any player may join at anytime -- if a slot is available -- as long as the pc matches the current apl. i will pre-selected scenarios to run, but requests would be welcome. if there were enough votes, it would make sense to run the requested scenario, as long as sub-tier corresponds to apl.

rules logistics this set up is completely kosher to pathfinder society rules: it's what an ideal situation would be when players come to game with same level pcs at every session. the sub-tiers were devised by paizo so that when a bunch of players come to the table with different levels, more may participate and get a game going. you can sign up with any vtt game and do that, just not this one :-P

looking for players need at least 4 players each week -- but i would prefer 5 warm bodies. due to the setup, pregens are not allowed -- it would defeat the purpose.

start date could be as soon as 02 jan

time 19h00, mon or thu, on-going weekly (post your vote here)

pathfinder society bullet train: sign up here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1136)

Nickademus
December 23rd, 2013, 22:23
I wish you the best of luck, but I know it will be very difficult to find players that can legally play all the scenario you have lined up. If you run even one that have already played, they won't get a chronicle and will be behind.

Malkavian_Andi
December 23rd, 2013, 22:53
I'd definitely be interested if there were more low-tier scenarios I can still legally play. But seeing the current situation, I suppose I wouldn't be able to play many of the scenarios.
I'd be interested to play whenever I have time and can legally play the scenario you offer, if that's ok for you (provided I have a character of the exact level you'd like to run for).

Do you already have any plans which order of scenarios you'll be running?
If it's Master of the Fallen Fortress -> First Steps part 1 -> The Confirmation for the first level, I'd like to play that part, but can't guarantee I'll be able to play the following scenario(s) for credit.

lachancery
December 23rd, 2013, 23:58
tahl_liadon, it sounds like a cool concept, but as the others have pointed out, because players can't replay a scenario to earn XPs, it would only work with players that are fairly new to Pathfinder Society, or you'll have issues.

You might have better luck by mixing in sanctioned Adventure Path portions and modules. I would think these are less likely to end up in the "already played" dead-end.

Nickademus
December 24th, 2013, 00:06
There is always the option of running Society scenarios as non-Society games. No one would get chronicles but you could have a static party then and not have to worry about replay. Of course, this would only appeal to people interested in the plot of the scenarios or that enjoy the structure of Society.

That said, I'm game for Mondays if this becomes non-Society.

tahl_liadon
December 24th, 2013, 17:47
good points, all. i will keep feedback in mind and make adjustments.

in the meantime, please peruse the pathfinder society scenario tracker below (credit goes to a fellow gamer in my local group, with minor tweaks): it's to let me know who has played/gm what.

fill-in instructions - please read:
enter your name at top in the next open column (i started off with wyld_windworn), then choose from drop-down menu: p (played), g (gm'ed), or p/g (both), to indicate what you've done -- you must use the drop-down menu. if you see anything that needs correction, let me know and i will make edits; don't do it to the form yourself.

pathfinder society scenario tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqfops-kB4UIdElsMFM3VTdhN05CV3hlMTlfV2pHZ1E&usp=sharing)

thx.

Malkavian_Andi
December 24th, 2013, 18:46
That's actually a good idea. I just filled in my data.

oh, btw: Mondays could get difficult for me, Thursdays are better.

Nickademus
December 25th, 2013, 01:23
I have a live game I run every other Thursday, so at best I could only play every other Thursday. Adding my info to the tracker anyway.