PDA

View Full Version : Swashbuckling and Sorcery in Drake's Plymouth

VenomousFiligree
December 23rd, 2013, 16:11
So, with little response in the Guild House and Pathfinder forums, how about a Savage Worlds game of Swashbuckling and Sorcery in Drake's Plymouth?

Edit:

Calendar entry here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1140).

VenomousFiligree
December 26th, 2013, 19:27
The first session:

Plague Ship

The revelries celebrating Drake's defeat of the Spanish are years past. However, conscious of the continuing threat of Spain hanging over Plymouth, the inhabitants are anxious over their town's vulnerability. The newly-built Plymouth Fort and strengthening of the town walls have done little to calm the townsfolk's fears.

Jesuit Priests are rumoured to be secretly landing at Budshead Creek, Blackfriars House has become a haunt for Huguenot refugees, and a contingent of Muscovy “merchants” are asking strange questions around town. One after another, those with the means make their way to safer towns and cities.

The little “presents” that ‘Barah (Barbara the Whore) bestows in trade for intelligence garnered are a welcome boon in these hard times. Your latest request is to gather information on Thomas Doughty's galleon, Mary, recently returned from the Eastern Mediterranean, anchored in Plymouth Sound and flying a flag of “quarantine”.

dharkus
December 27th, 2013, 11:56
I'm up for it, currently I can do friday night and saturday night, also in the daytime every day except sunday

VenomousFiligree
December 27th, 2013, 13:15
Out of those times (assuming GMT) Saturday evening would be my preferred. I can't do daytimes (GMT).

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2013, 16:19
It looks like a very cool setting..

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 18:46
It looks like a very cool setting..

Thanks, struggling to get players though :(

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2013, 19:01
Is the theme your design?
Are you looking to do a one shot or a regular thing? We could probably manage a Saturday afternoon (evening your time)...

crawford
December 28th, 2013, 19:08
Sounds like fun. I'd be down to play on a Saturday.

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 19:10
No, the theme is one that I chose, that fit the closest to what I wanted. I then contacted the designer and asked him to tweak it for me, which he did.

I was planning on a series of linked scenarios, however I'll take what I can get! ;) (I even tried offering it with Pathfinder! :eek: )

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 19:15
Sounds like fun. I'd be down to play on a Saturday.

Cool, looks like it might actually happen! There's a few other potentially interested players Ive been talking with on G+, I'll have to chivvy them along.

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2013, 19:19
So what sorts of folks would PCs be?
You offered it as a Pathfinder game and got no response? Hmm.. shocking. :D

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 19:49
In no particular order and rather 'broad-brush': Nobleman, Spy, Sailor, Sorcerer, Scholar, Witch, Man of God, Righteous Warrior, Cunning Man, Hunter, Soldier, Rogue, Alchemist, Swashbuckler,

For the scenario that I've said I'll start with they would need to be established in Plymouth and have reason for working for 'Barah'.

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2013, 20:07
Hmm..
A Sidhe blooded Irishman might be fun. A Rogue or Swashbuckler type with a bit of magic to him... a few minor tricks or some innate luck...

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 20:20
Sidhe are meant to be the 'enemy' and I hadn't envisaged them being a player race, no reason that you couldn't be 'under cover' though :) (it's a playtest after all). I definitely don't believe the 'party" will be 'loving friends' more working together to further their own goals...

So, yes, happy for you to be Sidhe if you wish, however you're either a renegade or unable to contact the rest of your race for whatever reason. Sidhe would have innate magical abilities, and would be similar to a Drow in D&D with regards to ECL etc (not sure how that would work in SW yet :) )

Edit:

Rereading, did you mean half sidhe? Now that is something I was thinking about as being a Player "race". Also the Nine Years War (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years_War_(Ireland)) is in progress.

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2013, 20:42
Yeah... I was thinking 'part sidhe' not really a member of the enemy.. but someone with sidhe blood giving him an odd aspect and a bit of a magical history, affinity, and ability.

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 20:55
Yeah... I was thinking 'part sidhe' not really a member of the enemy.. but someone with sidhe blood giving him an odd aspect and a bit of a magical history, affinity, and ability.

That would definitely work, just need to work out what advantages / disadvantages* that would entail.

(not sure how that would work in SW yet :) )

For future reference it would work similar to 'Veteran o’ the Weird West' from Deadlands, you would start at Seasoned and draw a card for an RP 'negative'

* Edges / Hindrances for SW, however the setting will be generic / multi system

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 21:06
A 'quick' appreciation of how magic might be received in the setting

An Act against Conjurations, Enchantments and Witchcrafts.

Where at this present there is no ordinary ne condign [sic] Punishment provided against the Practices of the wicked Offences of Conjurations and Invocations of evil Spirits, and of Sorceries, Enchantments, Charms and Witchcrafts, the which Offences, by force of a Statute made in the xxxiii. Year of the Reign of the late King Henry the Eighth, were made to be Felony, and so continued until the said Statute was repealed by the Act and Statute of the late King Edward the Sixth : Sithens the Repeal whereof, many fantastical and devilish Persons have devised and practiced Invocations and Conjurations of evil and wicked Spirits, and have used and practiced Witchcrafts, Enchantments, Charms and Sorceries, to the Destruction of the Persons and Goods of their Neighbours, and other Subjects of this Realm, and for lewd Intents and Purposes, contrary to the Laws of Almighty God, to the Peril of their own Souls, and to the great Infamy and Disquietness of this Realm :’ For Reformation whereof, be it enacted by the Queen’s Majesty, with the Assent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the Authority of the same, That if any Person or Persons, after the First Day of June next coming, use, practice or exercise any Invocations or Conjurations of evil and wicked Spirits, to or for any Intent or Purpose, or else if any Person or Persons, after the said First Day of June, shall use, practice or exercise any Witchcraft, Enchantment, Charm or Sorcery, whereby any Person shall happen to be killed or destroyed ; that then as well every such Offender or Offenders in Invocations or Conjurations, as is aforesaid, their Aiders and Counsellors, as also every such Offender or Offenders in Witchcraft, Enchantment, Charm or Sorcery, whereby the Death of any Person doth ensue, their Aiders and Counsellors, being of either of the said Offences lawfully convicted and attainted, shall suffer Pains of Death, as Felon or Felons, and shall lose the Privilege and Benefit of Clergy and Sanctuary : Saving to the Wife of such Person her Title of Dower, and also to the Heir and Successor of such Person his or their Titles of Inheritance, Succession and other Rights, as though no such Attainder of the Ancestor or Predecessor had been had or made.

II. And further, be it enacted by the Authority aforesaid, That if any Person or Persons, after the said First Day of June next coming, shall use, practice or exercise Witchcraft, Enchantment, Charm or Sorcery, whereby any Person shall happen to be wasted, consumed or lamed on his Body or Member, or whereby any Goods or Chattels of any Person shall be destroyed, wasted or impaired ; then every such Offender or Offenders, their Counsellors and Aiders, being therefore lawfully convicted, shall for his or their First Offence or Offences suffer Imprisonment by the Space of One whole Year, without Bail or Mainprize, and once in every Quarter of the said Year shall in some Market Town, upon Market Day, or at such Time as any Fair shall be kept, there stand openly upon the Pillory, by the Space of Six hours, and there shall openly confess his or her Error and Offence ; and for the Second Offence, being as is aforesaid lawfully convicted or attainted, shall suffer Death as a Felon, and shall lose the Privilege of Clergy and Sanctuary : saving to the Wife of such Person her Title of Dower, and also to the Heir and Successor of such Person his or their Titles of Inheritance, Succession and other Rights, as though no such Attainder of the Ancestor or Predecessor had been had or made.

III. Provided always, That if the Offender in any of the Cases aforesaid, for which the Pains of Death shall ensue, shall happen to be a Peer of the Realm, then his Trial therein to be had by his Peers, as it is used in cases of Felony or Treason, and not otherwise.

IV. And further, to the Intent that all Manner of Practice, Use or Exercise of Witchcraft, Enchantment, Charm or Sorcery, should be from henceforth utterly avoided, abolished and taken away, be it enacted by the Authority of this present Parliament, That if any Person or Persons shall from and after the said First Day of June next coming, take upon him or them, by Witchcraft, Enchantment, Charm or Sorcery, to tell or declare in what Place and Treasure of Gold or Silver should or might be found or had in the Earth, or other secret Places, or where Goods of Things lost or stolen should be found or become, or shall use or practice and Sorcery, Enchantment, Charm or Witchcraft, to the Intent to provoke and Person to unlawful Love, or to hurt or destroy any Person in his or her Body, Member or Goods ; that then every such Person or Persons so offending, and being thereof lawfully convicted, shall for the said Offence suffer Imprisonment by the Space of one whole Year, without Bail or Mainprize, and once in every Quarter of the said Year shall in some Market Town, upon the Market Day, or at such Time as any Fair shall be kept there, stand openly upon the Pillory by the Space of Six Hours, and there shall openly confess his or her Error and Offence ; and if any Person or Persons, being convicted of the same Offences as is aforesaid, do eftsoons perpetrate and commit the like Offence, That then every such Offender, being therefore the Second Time convicted as is aforesaid, shall forfeit unto the Queen’s Majesty, her Heirs and Successors, all his Goods and Chattels, and suffer Imprisonment during Life.

A.D. 1562

Anno quinto Reginae Elizabethae, CAP XVI

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2013, 21:16
Oh good.

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 21:18
Oh good.

:)

Just don't get caught!

VenomousFiligree
December 28th, 2013, 21:43
dharkus and crawford (and anyone else), if you have an idea for a character, shout out.

crawford
December 29th, 2013, 04:17
If we're playing pirates I would like to go with a thieving rogue type. I'm thinking mid-30's, orphaned after both parents died from a plague/sickness and attachment issues. If my character could have a pet monkey that would be nice too.

VenomousFiligree
December 29th, 2013, 07:49
Full on pirates might be difficult, Plymouth is home to Sir Walter Raleigh, Vice Admiral of Devon... However unsavoury sailor types around Sutton Harbour wouldn't be unusual.

The nearest (not commonly known) pirate base is a Barbary base on Lundy Island and there is plenty of pirate activity along the coast of Devon and Cornwall.

A monkey won't be a problem.

Are any players not familiar with Savage Worlds?

VenomousFiligree
December 29th, 2013, 16:16
How's this for a first stab at a Savage Worlds version of a half-sidhe?

Born from the union of a Sidhe male and a human female, the half-sidhe fully resembles its human heritage. All part of the Sidhe’s timeless scheming against Man, the half-sidhe is a ‘sleeper agent’ conducting a normal life until it is activated by the Sidhe, as and when the need arises. The half-sidhe will have no knowledge of its parentage.

Starts with agility d6 instead of d4
Low Light Vision
Legerdemain Power
Susceptible to short term ‘mind control’ from nearby Sidhe: +2 on a Sidhes attempt to cast Puppet
Small chance of causing headaches / nosebleeds or similar to people in his vicinity

dharkus
December 29th, 2013, 23:59
how about The paranoid witch-hunter who fears non-human beings?

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 00:19
How's this for a first stab at a Savage Worlds version of a half-sidhe?That looks pretty cool actually. I was looking at the 'half-elf' as a similar sort of 'Race'.. it also would work.

Valarian
December 30th, 2013, 00:27
Interesting looking setting. Not sure about the Savage Worlds though. Is the setting going to be available for other systems?
I like the half-sidhe, proper changeling type of template. Has some interesting consequences for the characters. Would they become an NPC if they actually became Sidhe? Any differences to the changeling appearances for seelie / unseelie courts?

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 00:35
The other option is just to take the Human race and have it just be a background element.. ie far enough in the past that the mixed blood is only a 'heritage'.
I looked at a build for a human with lots of luck, for example.

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2013, 07:50
how about The paranoid witch-hunter who fears non-human beings?

Could lead to some interesting party discussions, I like it! :) The existence of the Sidhe is not widely known (apart from the beliefs and superstitions of the period that is) and those that do know would be keeping it a secret (for various reasons). Nearby Dartmoor would be a draw if you wanted to be from outside the area.

That looks pretty cool actually. I was looking at the 'half-elf' as a similar sort of 'Race'.. it also would work.

I think half-elf is a bit weak for what I want, see response to Valarian.

Interesting looking setting. Not sure about the Savage Worlds though. Is the setting going to be available for other systems?
I like the half-sidhe, proper changeling type of template. Has some interesting consequences for the characters. Would they become an NPC if they actually became Sidhe? Any differences to the changeling appearances for seelie / unseelie courts?

I'm developing the setting as a systemless setting and tweaking appropriate systems to work with it, I've successfully run face to face games with Empire! Dungeon World, DramaSystem and FAE. I think BoL would be a great system too. I wanted to run some sessions with an established FG ruleset, that would hopefully have a large player base to draw from, Pathfinder didn't prove successful, Savage Worlds might ...

I hadn't though about a half-sidhe becoming a full sidhe. In my mind they're a tool that has been placed to be used when the time is right, so probably discarded or 'repaired' if needed again. Currently the setting only has an Unseelie Court. In the books that I read (https://www.markchadbourn.co.uk/swords-of-albion/), that feature them like this, they are the true Enemy of the time, more feared than the Spanish and all the agents of the Pope. Whilst I'm tempering them slightly, they're definitely maintaining the 'Unseelie' aspect. They are also merged with the islamic Jinn, who are also typically viewed as agents of the Devil.

The other option is just to take the Human race and have it just be a background element.. ie far enough in the past that the mixed blood is only a 'heritage'.
I looked at a build for a human with lots of luck, for example.

More than happy with that too, an appropriate Hindrance might tie in with a negative aspect of the heritage.

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2013, 08:28
So I think Saturday evening (GMT) has been agreed as a good time to play, shall we try and fine tune? I'm good for a start time between 1900 and 2100, when's good for you? Blackfoot I believe you're just down for one session, would it just be yourself? When shall we start, I'm good for Saturday 4 January onwards.

Valarian
December 30th, 2013, 08:41
I'm developing the setting as a systemless setting and tweaking appropriate systems to work with it, I've successfully run face to face games with Empire! Dungeon World, DramaSystem and FAE. I think BoL would be a great system too. I wanted to run some sessions with an established FG ruleset, that would hopefully have a large player base to draw from, Pathfinder didn't prove successful, Savage Worlds might ...
Not sure what BoL is, but good to hear that the setting will be system neutral.

I hadn't though about a half-sidhe becoming a full sidhe. In my mind they're a tool that has been placed to be used when the time is right, so probably discarded or 'repaired' if needed again. Currently the setting only has an Unseelie Court. In the books that I read (https://www.markchadbourn.co.uk/swords-of-albion/), that feature them like this, they are the true Enemy of the time, more feared than the Spanish and all the agents of the Pope. Whilst I'm tempering them slightly, they're definitely maintaining the 'Unseelie' aspect. They are also merged with the islamic Jinn, who are also typically viewed as agents of the Devil.
The Seelie court are not "good" and the Unseelie court are not wholly evil. They are opposing natural forces, linked to the seasons of the year. The Unseelie Queen (Mab, Morgause) is the Winter Queen, Queen of Air and Darkness, and can be thought of as an intrument of order. If she had her way, the Earth would be locked in to an ever frozen state. The Summer Queen (Titania, Una) is an agent of chaos. The Earth would become ever fluid with rampant overgrowth of plant life. Neither state is desirable by humans, and the human world can only exist if there is a balance of the two courts. Unseelie sidhe are cruel in their outlook, so are seen as bad, but the Seelie court are as uncaring regarding humanity and will manipulate humans to their own ends. Sidhe can not lie outright, as in tell a falsehood, but they are masters of "weasel" words, half-truths, and misdirection.

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2013, 08:47
So I think Saturday evening (GMT) has been agreed as a good time to play, shall we try and fine tune? I'm good for a start time between 1900 and 2100, when's good for you? Blackfoot I believe you're just down for one session, would it just be yourself? When shall we start, I'm good for Saturday 4 January onwards.
My sidekick agreed to play as well. She's not up for learning new systems (obviously we've played BoL, SW, and Pathfinder).. as for more than one session... I guess we'd have to see how it went. Saturday afternoons aren't bad in the wintertime for us generally... but sometimes there are kids around and things to do so it is tough to commit to something ongoing.

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2013, 09:13
Not sure what BoL is, but good to hear that the setting will be system neutral.

Barbarians of Lemuria, a very good Sword & Sorcery system (imo).

The Seelie court are not "good" and the Unseelie court are not wholly evil. They are opposing natural forces, linked to the seasons of the year. The Unseelie Queen (Mab, Morgause) is the Winter Queen, Queen of Air and Darkness, and can be thought of as an intrument of order. If she had her way, the Earth would be locked in to an ever frozen state. The Summer Queen (Titania, Una) is an agent of chaos. The Earth would become ever fluid with rampant overgrowth of plant life. Neither state is desirable by humans, and the human world can only exist if there is a balance of the two courts. Unseelie sidhe are cruel in their outlook, so are seen as bad, but the Seelie court are as uncaring regarding humanity and will manipulate humans to their own ends. Sidhe can not lie outright, as in tell a falsehood, but they are masters of "weasel" words, half-truths, and misdirection.

A very good summary of a different interpretation of the Fae... :D

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2013, 09:16
My sidekick agreed to play as well. She's not up for learning new systems (obviously we've played BoL, SW, and Pathfinder).. as for more than one session... I guess we'd have to see how it went. Saturday afternoons aren't bad in the wintertime for us generally... but sometimes there are kids around and things to do so it is tough to commit to something ongoing.

Cool, so it looks like we have four to kick off with :) Agree that real life gets in the way occasionally, so not a problem.

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2013, 09:39

A very good summary of a different interpretation of the Fae... :D

The setting was initially going to be just Man and Angels (including Fallen) as the main sentient races, with only Man being a player race. A friend thought it would be good idea to also have Jinn, with half-jinn being playable, however it wasn't easy to incorporate an Islamic supernatural creature into the Plymouth setting. I then started reading the Mark Chadbourn books where the Sidhe are a malevolent race, known as the Enemy seeking to topple the English monarchy (I’ll not go into detail, in case you want to read the books) and these sounded like a good European version of the Jinn, so the two have now been combined into the third sentient race created by the Higher Powers (God).

I’m taking most of the book’s canon regarding the Sidhe (which is different to that quoted), they consider humanity like we would consider cattle, so whilst they would not consider themselves evil, Man would.

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2013, 09:55
Calendar entry here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1140) please vote for your preferred start day / time

crawford
December 31st, 2013, 00:23
I'll vote on the calendar page as soon as I am able but would also like to pitch in my vote for the 11th. It doesn't matter what time we start.

VenomousFiligree
December 31st, 2013, 07:32
If Blackfoot can make 11 January, that will be the first session. I'm happy to conduct PC generation and connection tests before then, otherwise that can be done on the 11th.

Is anyone unfamiliar with Savage Worlds?

Blackfoot
December 31st, 2013, 17:12
I will check with the boss and get back to you. Assuming it is good we can probably work with any of the time slots you have listed... I need to talk with her about what sort of character she wants to play. Is this going to be more combat or RP oriented?

VenomousFiligree
December 31st, 2013, 18:08
Is this going to be more combat or RP oriented?

What does everyone want?

crawford
December 31st, 2013, 21:12
I like a mix of the 2 but often prefer RP to combat.

VenomousFiligree
January 1st, 2014, 17:37

I can accommodate that :)

I've also made a google event for all those that I have G+ accounts for, this is just an attempt to draw in more people from the G+ community.

Blackfoot
January 1st, 2014, 20:58
Starts with agility d6 instead of d4
Low Light Vision
Legerdemain Power
Susceptible to short term ‘mind control’ from nearby Sidhe: +2 on a Sidhes attempt to cast Puppet.
Small chance of causing headaches / nosebleeds or similar to people in his vicinity.How are you thinking the Legerdemain Power would work?

VenomousFiligree
January 1st, 2014, 21:06
It's a power from the Fantasy Companion, it allows you to make an action at range that is normally done in person.

VenomousFiligree
January 1st, 2014, 21:13
Magic will also be done slightly differently. I'll be using the rules from Solomon Kane, this does away with power points and instead makes for longer spell casting with nastier effects of failure... :dead:

Also, BF, make some space in your inbox!

Blackfoot
January 1st, 2014, 21:17
Hmm.. well that's interesting.

VenomousFiligree
January 1st, 2014, 21:39
The magic system in Solomon Kane does not use power points. Instead, casting a spell is based on a casting roll. Each spell has a negative casting modifier [typically a negative value of the power point cost] that can be reduced by taking time in casting. Failure to cast a spell results in ‘backlash’, typically a level of fatigue. There are no directly offensive spells such as blasts and bolts.

Legerdemain will be an innate power for the half-sidhe.

The available arcane backgrounds will be Sorcerer (think John Dee, Edward Kelley), Witch / Cunning (Wo)Man, Man of God and Righteous Warrior

Blackfoot
January 1st, 2014, 21:43
Hmm. I'm probably going to need more information about those backgrounds. I wasn't thinking seriously about going as a spellcaster this go around because spells in SW have seemed a bit lame in the past... but... with no power points it might be cool.. as long as I have good skills.
I'm on Skype if you want to chat about it.

Blackfoot
January 6th, 2014, 23:24
Basic combat.. maybe a 'bow' as his weapon of choice. Some basic magic from the half-sidhe background...

If we're playing pirates I would like to go with a thieving rogue type. I'm thinking mid-30's, orphaned after both parents died from a plague/sickness and attachment issues. If my character could have a pet monkey that would be nice too.
So a roguish type... some thieving and melee combat stuff?

How about the paranoid witch-hunter who fears non-human beings?

My sidekick is considering playing a 'Cunning Woman' whatever that might be exactly.. :)
She doesn't have a lot of background thought through yet... she's looking over the info on the link in MurghBpurn's Sig.
Hmmm..

Blackfoot
January 7th, 2014, 05:19
Gwendolyn - Cunning Woman
Attributes: AG: 1d8
SM: 1d6
SP: 1d6
ST: 1d4
VI: 1d6

Skills: Fighting: 1d6
Healing: 1d6
Notice: 1d6
Persuasion: 1d6
Shooting: 1d8
Stealth: 1d4
Streetwise: 1d4
Arcane Skill: 1d6

Edges: Arcane Background: Cunning Woman Power 1 ??Deflection or Darksight??
Power 2 ??Smite or Succor??

Danger Sense
Quick

Hinderances: ****y
Curious
Stubborn

Armed with Pistol and Dagger.
Another option is to go with Alertness or Musketeer instead of the Arcane Background and give her Gambling and better Stealth.

VenomousFiligree
January 7th, 2014, 06:43
Some background reading for a Cunning Women (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunning_folk_in_Britain). This will give an idea of the type of spells available.

(Sorry that I don't have more prepared, I'm winging it quite a bit as I didn't know I'd by using SW three weeks ago!)

dharkus
January 7th, 2014, 19:32

I'm generally the opposite

VenomousFiligree
January 7th, 2014, 20:08
That sounds like 50/50 then! :)

Blackfoot
January 7th, 2014, 21:19
That sounds like 50/50 then! :)
We are also kinda split on this issue. I tend to be more RP with combat.. and she tends to be more Combat with RP.. so 50/50 is good.

crawford
January 8th, 2014, 05:06
So a roguish type... some thieving and melee combat stuff?

Yeah sounds about right.

VenomousFiligree
January 8th, 2014, 21:54
I shall put the server up at some point on Friday and leave it on overnight (for me) to allow you to create PCs

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2014, 22:42
We are going to need the server address.

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 08:17
Server has been posted in the calendar. Also please update to the Test version for the session.

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 18:42
I shall have the server up from about 2100 (GMT), it will remain up overnight. It will also be on most of Saturday up until start time. Do we want to use Skype, G+ or other for voice?

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 18:55
Gwendolyn - Cunning Woman
Attributes: AG: 1d8
SM: 1d6
SP: 1d6
ST: 1d4
VI: 1d6

Skills: Fighting: 1d6
Healing: 1d6
Notice: 1d6
Persuasion: 1d6
Shooting: 1d8
Stealth: 1d4
Streetwise: 1d4
Arcane Skill: 1d6

Edges: Arcane Background: Cunning Woman Power 1 ??Deflection or Darksight??
Power 2 ??Smite or Succor??

Danger Sense
Quick

Hinderances: ****y
Curious
Stubborn

Armed with Pistol and Dagger.
Another option is to go with Alertness or Musketeer instead of the Arcane Background and give her Gambling and better Stealth.

If she wants to go with the Arcane background, Succor and Darksight would be the most suitable.

Also, do we want to give the Adventure Deck a try?

Blackfoot
January 10th, 2014, 20:00
I'm not sure what the Adventure Deck is.

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 20:03
A fan made pirate version can be seen here (https://greywolf.critter.net/savageworlds/pirates/pdf/POTSM_AdventureDeck.pdf).

Blackfoot
January 10th, 2014, 20:25
They seem fun to me.

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 21:06
Server is up

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 22:42
When thinking about your characters, please think about the following for your background: nationality, religion and tolerance.

Anyone not a Plymouthian will be considered a 'Foreigner' and anyone not English will be considered an 'Alien'. If you're not a Protestant and you make your religion public knowledge you will be viewed with suspicion. Typically everyone is 'intolerant' of other nationalities and religions, if you are 'tolerant' you are in the minority and might be considered 'weak' if you are 'neutral' you might raise a few eyebrows.

Edit:

And also social status

dharkus
January 10th, 2014, 23:45
Do we want to use Skype, G+ or other for voice?
personally I prefer skype as it can also be used for chats in between games

VenomousFiligree
January 10th, 2014, 23:56
If we're going to use skype can everyone please forward their names to me. i will also ask someone else to host the conference call to ease the bandwidth burden on me.

Edit:

Server is up

VenomousFiligree
January 12th, 2014, 10:11
I've made a post on the Calendar, everyone's comments would be appreciated.