PDA

View Full Version : Bugs with Pathfinder ruleset 3.0

jedorian
December 22nd, 2013, 04:05
Looking through the character sheets, discovered that Craft, Knowledge, Profession, and Perform have been removed from the skill list. Was this purposely done, and if so, why? Am I missing something obvious?

jedorian
December 22nd, 2013, 04:09
Also, when preloading an image, the icon in the upper right corner (the web) no longer appears when the image is done loading. It does appear after the image is shared, but not beforehand.

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2013, 05:41
The buttons to add the skills that require subskill selection are available by clicking the edit button above the skills list (i.e. brown button with white slash). In general, all add/remove actions in lists are available using these edit buttons.

On the image, the "shared" icon only appears once the image has been loaded on the client. In v2.9.4, all images in the entire campaign were transferred from the host and loaded into memory for display, even if they were never used during the session. In v3.0, only images opened or preloaded during the session are transferred and loaded. Between improved caching and reducing image file transfers, the start up for players should be faster. I'll need to think a bit more on the "preload" menu option, since all it ever did was share the database node (which behaves slightly differently now).

Cheers,
JPG

jedorian
December 22nd, 2013, 05:51
Excellent! Thanks much, moon!

Willot
December 22nd, 2013, 21:09
Played a game yesterday. Whenever I did an overnight rest for my players there was a long pause. Then the cleric player would lock up and he'd have to rejoin. I havent tested it but it could be the sheer number of spells the player has loaded into his character. (clerics have access to all the spells to their level) He has them all entered and he just picks the one he wants to memorize. It could be a loop getting a stack overflow or something.

jedorian
December 22nd, 2013, 22:59
Playing today, we've found that when you click on the Clear Targets button the character's faction graphic disappears from underneath them (the green block). I can restore it by clicking through the faction buttons and cycling back to friendly. Just a weird little bug.

jedorian
December 23rd, 2013, 00:11
The ability to hold CTRL and heal a target on the map by dragging a number from chat is now gone, unless I'm missing something yet again. I really need a user's manual for these new changes. Also, these arrows are not at all enjoyable. Makes the map screen quite an ugly mess when a large combat is going.

Eru the One
December 23rd, 2013, 03:37
The ability to hold CTRL and heal a target on the map by dragging a number from chat is now gone, unless I'm missing something yet again. I really need a user's manual for these new changes. Also, these arrows are not at all enjoyable. Makes the map screen quite an ugly mess when a large combat is going.

I agree, this happened in a 4e game as well since they share the CoreRPG.

jedorian
December 23rd, 2013, 08:28
Found another small thing: when distributing money, the categories for coins are deleted upon distributing the coins to the party. It does this EVERY time you distribute. I find that quite aggravating to be forced to re-enter the lines for each category every single time, especially when I'm distributing coins on a case-by-case basis rather than waiting to give out treasures once the entire dungeon is completed.

jedorian
December 24th, 2013, 20:28
When using Manage Characters, rolling dice into the table does not generate a score. The fields remain empty.

Still a problem as of the new patch.

jedorian
December 31st, 2013, 23:19
Will the next patch resolve the Manage Characters dice rolling problem and the tiny issue of currency lines being erased after distribution of monies to the party?

I know these are not significant issues, but they are annoying. I don't think I'm the only person who has that opinion.

Moon Wizard
January 1st, 2014, 20:49
I'm looking into the dice rolling in local mode right now. I need to think a bit on the coins to see what makes the most sense for CoreRPG defined rulesets in general.

JPG

jedorian
January 1st, 2014, 21:25
Thanks for your diligence in all this Moon. Your work is most appreciated.