PDA

View Full Version : Established group looking to add new players for long term Pathfinder game

Wonderhaven
December 22nd, 2013, 01:53
Hello everyone!

I am a DM who has been running games with the same group of people on and off for the past 9 years. We recently made the switch from 3.5 to Pathfinder and are looking to add another person to our group and possibly a 2nd after that.

I am looking for someone who is laid back and just looking to have a good time. Players with all play experiences are welcome, whether you are just starting out or have been playing for years. You don't need to be great at roleplaying but should be eager to give it your best shot.

I currently have 3 people who show up to the sessions regularly with another who comes in every once in a while. Our regular party is made up of a ranger, rogue, and sorcerer. I also run a DMPC Barbarian which has no impact on party decision making. I leave all the choices up to the players.

Game system: Pathfinder

I have an Ultimate License.

Time Zone: EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Game time: Thursday and Sunday Evenings 9:30-12:00
Duration: Indefinite
Frequency: 2x Weekly
Text/Voice: All roleplaying is done over Skype.
Dice: Rolls can be done with physical dice (honor system) or FGII dice, individual players choose.
Roleplay/Combat: Both, currently doing heavy dungeon crawling
Number of players: 4 (looking to add 1-2 more players)
Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms

Character restrictions:
I'm fairly wide open here and will usually allow anything found in official Pathfinder or 3.5 sources.

Adventure synopsis:
We are in the middle of running The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde and will transition to Red Hand of Doom and possibly beyond.

If interested, send me a message. I will then get with you and set up when your first session will be. You will play 1-2 sessions with us and then if everything works out we will bring you on as a permanent member. After we have added one person we will discuss if we want to bring in an additional person.

Thanks.

Ksathra
December 22nd, 2013, 03:57
Darn I'd love to play but I cant do Sundays. Dunno if you'd be interested in having someone that can only show up on Thursdays.

sciencephile
December 22nd, 2013, 17:44
I'm interested in playing. Sent you a private message, Wonderhaven.

JerryRig
December 22nd, 2013, 21:33
I sent you a PM. Level of the characters playing so far?

Engwar
December 22nd, 2013, 23:16
I'm very interested in bringing my cleric to your group, but my only concern is the times. Would you be willing to start earlier and end by 10pm CST (11pm EST)? I have to be at work by 11pm CST.

Dr_Babylon
December 22nd, 2013, 23:21
Aw. Sounds right up my alley. Even the schedule, which is unheard of. Were it only text-based communication you would have my full attention.

It seems you will have no shortage of interested parties. I simply wanted to voice my...partial support.

damned
December 23rd, 2013, 01:31
Dr_B - you are gonna have to clear your vocal cords and then you can start playing every night!

Dr_Babylon
December 23rd, 2013, 17:17
You can read all about my struggles in my new autobiography "The Deafening Silence: Dr Babylon Speaks Out Against the Spoken Word". Or get it on audio book.

Dredcythe
December 24th, 2013, 04:58
Interested in role play and tactical gaming. Have played 2nd, 3.5 and 4th D&D. Recently got pathfinder materials curious to make the switch over. Your session time works great for me and I'd be in for the long haul if it works out. Best of all it seems you have a well established group, which should make for a fun and engaging experience.

JerryRig
December 29th, 2013, 22:12
We up for tonight?

Wonderhaven
December 29th, 2013, 23:03
Yes

JerryRig
December 30th, 2013, 22:01
Great bunch of guys playing in earnest and having fun. Thanks for the good game session ...was very relaxing to be running with you. Though the Dwarves of this group are plum out for burning their beards to nothing!! I just could not muster myself to go thru them fire barriers twice (once in, second time coming out) the night went so quickly though ...again ...good game all.

Mad Nomad
January 5th, 2014, 00:26
You may have already filled your spots, but if not, I'd be interested. I was going to send a Private message but seems you have exceeded your private message storage. (pretty easy to do on here)
Experienced with 3E, 4E, and Pathfinder and have used FG2 as both a PC and GM.

gaara6666
January 9th, 2014, 03:46
20 year D&D veteran gamer and DM would love to play in earnest with 5 years of fg2 on my belt and would enjoy the opportunity

Wonderhaven
January 14th, 2014, 23:31
Thanks to everyone for all of the interest! We are currently full. If you are still interested in joining, send me a PM or post on this thread and I will add you to a waiting list and message you if a spot becomes available.

SheerANONYMOUS
February 12th, 2014, 01:20
I'd be interested, provided a spot opens up in the relatively near future. However, I have little experience with 3.5, and none with Pathfinder, so hopefully that isn't an issue.