PDA

View Full Version : FG 3 Bugs with 4E ruleset

Griogre
December 21st, 2013, 19:07
I ran a game using the 4E ruleset and FG3 last night and we noticed a few small issues.

1) In prior versions double clicking on the name of a power on either Powers tab on the character sheet or mini would output the power's text to chat. Now if you double on the power name you get the following script error and no text is output to chat. Script Error: [string "name"]:1: attempt to call field 'activatePower' (a nil value)

2) The voting interface in chat didn't work right with one player being wrapped to the next line outside of the white background. I had five players in the game and put up a vote and the vote interface in chat only showed four circles at the bottom of the chat window. The vote was "/vote Back?" After we go a notification that one of the players had returned from AFK in the chat window we noticed there was a fifth vote circle below the white back ground. This happened while using the Wood theme. It appears the last circle was wrapped to the next line outside of the white background even though it appeared there should have been enough space to have it on the line above.

3) In the Options menu, in the combat section, the first setting has a button that cycles between NPC, Off, and on. There is no label on the left of the button to tell what the setting is for - I think its Saving throws.

Fizban
December 23rd, 2013, 00:14
I would like to add one thing. When targeting multiple enemies with an area attack (monk attacks in this case) the rolls don't go against the targets, neither does the damage. I know that it does one dice roll for attack and damage now as per the patch notes but I am having to apply the attack rolls and damage rolls to enemies manually which is kind of inconvenient when you want a nice and cinematic combat. I will start a fresh thread if needed but I thought I would try here first.

Eru the One
December 23rd, 2013, 03:33
Couple more to add to the list:

1. Tabs on the Full/Mini sheet, party sheet, have a some redraw problems.
2. Having issues running multiple characters; unable to do prep mode, check off used powers, change the sort option for the second character. Tried closing the character sheet, freeing the character, etc and have mixed results trying to get it working.
3. Font headers for combat tracker in the Wood theme are black text on a dark background, kind of difficult to read; same for some of the other windows with darker backgrounds. I have not tested the other themes.

Griogre
December 23rd, 2013, 04:33
Some more bugs:

1) After some more testing the Unlabeled setting (first setting under Combat (GM)) seems to be the Roll Autosaves. When NPC is set it rolls autosaves both for PCs and NPCs the same as when it is set to On. On should roll saves for PCs and NPCs and NPC should just roll for NPCs.

2) I got several crashes in my game today. I believe they might have happened when both a player and me (the GM) deleted a token at the same time. Once it happened on a drawing and once it happened on the party order map.

3) Sometimes the PC's do not drag onto a drawing when you used the Green "Allied" Face on the combat tracker and drag and drop onto a drawing. Nothing apparently happens. Sometimes if you drag and drop again it will work and sometimes it won't. I think their is some trigger the causes the problem but I haven't been able to tell what it is.

4) This one I find really annoying. When you click on the combat tracker to advance the turn order when it comes to an NPC, the combat tracker no longer automatically opens up the "Offense" (sword) information like it did in prior versions. Opening and closing the sword manually for each monster is a pain but it is worse to open all offensive settings at once in combats with large numbers of monsters because it becomes hard to find a single monster's information. :(

Griogre
December 23rd, 2013, 17:53
5) Forgot this one earlier. If you press Ctrl and drag and drop a number it no longer makes the number a negative value. We use this a lot to correct mistakes in damage by "healing" the mistake and then dropping the correct damage.

Eru the One
December 29th, 2013, 23:06
Couple more:

1. Main Sheet - missing text for 3rd box under Init, Melee, blank (assuming ranged).
2. Mini Sheet - missing text for Init, Melee, & Ranged