PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenario #1-35: Voice in the Void

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 21:13
Pathfinder Society Scenario #1-35: Voice in the Void- MON 1/6/2014 7PM EST

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7).

Mystery strikes again at the problem-plagued Blackros Museum in Absalom and its curator, Nigel Aldain, needs your help. When a famed Osirian tomb raider returns to Absalom and disappears in the museum's basement, Aldain fears the worst. When strange sounds echo from below and several of the curator's night watchmen go missing, he panics and begs the Society to investigate the mystery and save his museum from the darkness that infests it.

Voice in the Void is a follow-up scenario to Pathfinder Society Scenario #5: Mists of Mwangi. When played together, the scenarios create a mini story arc in the famed Blackros Museum.

Written by Rob McCreary

Post your xml & chronicle sheets on this thread.

Let me know if another timeslot would be more suitable - i am flexible this week so can run this game to suit the players.

Note: This is the followup to the Mist of Mwangi I ran a week or two ago. Preference will go to those guys if they want in. We only had 4 so there is definitely 2 spots minimal.

Calendar link: Sign up for game here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1134)
Discussion Thread: Post your xml & chronicle sheets on this thread. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20071-Pathfinder-Society-Scenario-1-35-Voice-in-the-Void)

FG Server alias: Scrawny Dungeon Good Dice
Full Licence holder (you must have a Lite licences to play)

Voice Client: TeamSpeak3
Voice server address: fgts.servegame.com:9152
Password: Dungeoneers

Malkavian_Andi
December 20th, 2013, 21:35
I already played this scenario, but I'll consider using GM star replay if you need another player.

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 21:44
I already played this scenario
Sorry bout that, It's so hard to figure out what people on here have played and havent played. I haven't seen this one played on here that I know of but there's no telling what people do in home games.

Malkavian_Andi
December 20th, 2013, 22:00
Sorry bout that, It's so hard to figure out what people on here have played and havent played.Don't worry. I just recently realized I already played almost every tier 1-5 scenario, so it's quite difficult to find one I haven't played :)

Unfortunately, the character that would be best suited for this scenario is the one I played it with. But I suppose I can find another character who will enjoy going in there.
Which subtier did you play in Mists of Mwangi? I suppose if those guys will play the same characters, the subtier will stay the same :)

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 22:05
Which subtier did you play in Mists of Mwangi? I suppose if those guys will play the same characters, the subtier will stay the same :)

We played on 1-2, but I always like playing up. Especially since this is a lvl 1-7 game

mghauber
December 20th, 2013, 22:44
May be able to join...I'm 50% in...keep me posted...now that I'm on the ball and all...hahaha

Malkavian_Andi
December 20th, 2013, 23:51
We played on 1-2, but I always like playing up. Especially since this is a lvl 1-7 gameIt might still not a good idea to play a level 7 character. I don't want to solo the scenario, that would take the fun away from the rest.
On the other hand, the level 7 character I have maybe wouldn't be able to do this on his own. I'll just look what kinds of (and how many) characters will be around.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2013, 00:57
It might still not a good idea to play a level 7 character.
NP, just wait a few more days to see what everyone else is bringing and how many show up. Then decide which of your 18 characters to play :)

jshauber
December 21st, 2013, 03:20
I am available next week and would like to play.

You still have my Chronicle from last game, haven't played Ningirsu since then.

jshauber
December 21st, 2013, 03:21

Trueshots
December 21st, 2013, 03:29

The enthusiasm of two posts says youre ripe and ready to go!

Malkavian_Andi
December 21st, 2013, 13:01
NP, just wait a few more days to see what everyone else is bringing and how many show up. Then decide which of your 18 characters to playI only have 16 characters, two of the numbers are missing in between (when you delete a character on the paizo database and then create a new one, the gap where the old one used to be isn't filled again).
One of them already played this scenario, another one is above level 7, so it's actually a choice of 14 characters, some of which I definitely don't want to play right now (some I don't find fun enough to play at the moment, one is currently waiting to gain credit from Dragon's Demand, some others wouldn't fit into this kind of scenario).

I'll just see what would be nice.

Ksathra
December 21st, 2013, 15:49
Is there still room in your group? I've never actually done any of the society version of the games, just played pathfinder in several campaigns (only 2 of them being adventure paths.) and GMed one.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2013, 16:28
Is there still room in your group? I've never actually done any of the society version of the games, just played pathfinder in several campaigns (only 2 of them being adventure paths.) and GMed one.

We sure do, just sign up on the calendar page. Do you know how PFS works? Do you know how to create a PFS legal character? If you need help with anything, just let me know. I'll be in front of my computer all day and can jump in Teamspeak if you need help.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2013, 16:29
I only have 16 characters

I know I was just joking with ya :)

Malkavian_Andi
December 21st, 2013, 16:36
I know I was just joking with yaI know, don't worry.
Bad thing is, I have lots of ideas, and could easily increase to 18-20 characters, but there just aren't enough scenarios to level them all up :p (not to mention the time neede to play that amount of games. I guess I'll have to start cloning myself *lol*)

Lord Kavos
December 21st, 2013, 21:59
I've signed up, just need to confirm I can make it - will let you know later today.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2013, 22:46
If Andrew is playing a lvl 5 and Andreas is playing a lvl 6-7, if we can get 2 more at 5-7 I think we can play highest tier which would be awesome for this scenario! Jshauber do you have a charter higher than 2? If not its not a problem I'm just thinking out loud atm.

Malkavian_Andi
December 21st, 2013, 23:39
We can't play subtier 6-7 if there are level 1 and/or 2 characters in the game. The Guide to Organized Play forbids characters to play more than one subtier away from their own level.

If I play a character for the higher level, it will definitely be my level 7 gnome (level 2 rogue, level 5 witch). He's got almost every Blakros scenario so far, but Voice in the Void is still missing.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2013, 23:44
I wanta say that Jshauber has a lvl 4 too, but I'm not positive. Never the less we'll figure out something between now and Monday

Malkavian_Andi
December 22nd, 2013, 00:14
If Ksathra joins as well, there'll be another level 1 character (unless Ksathra decides to play a level 4 pregen), so in any case, we could play subtier 3-4. That would also mean the high level characters will have to protect the low level ones.

Ksathra
December 22nd, 2013, 01:40
Looks like I wont be able to join up after all. The Tuesday game I play at a friends moved to mondays

Trueshots
December 22nd, 2013, 02:25
Looks like I wont be able to join up after all. The Tuesday game I play at a friends moved to mondays
No problem! If you still need help with a character let me know, be glad to help.

I suggest subscribing to this THREAD (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates/page16). It will alert you to any PFS game being played on FG.

I would also suggest Reading THIS (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Guide-to-Pathfinder-Society-Organized-Play). Its a free download that will tell you about Society rules.

This free guide will help you with character creation. HERE (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8qev?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Beginner-Box-Pathfinder-Society-Character-Creation-Guide)

And if you like it after you read all that I suggest THIS (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8mfq?Pathfinder-Campaign-Setting-Pathfinder-Society-Field-Guide)

But you will have to have a Society ID # before you play, to sign up and receive your number go HERE (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety)

Lord Kavos
December 23rd, 2013, 03:16
I'm in trueshots - all confirmed

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2013, 03:44
I'm in trueshots - all confirmed

Well I'm thinking 2 things right now. 1) we only have 3 on the calendar and the levels are all spread out so we'd have to play tier 1-2. Don't know how much challenge would be there for a level 5 and 7. On top of I don't know how much fun a level 2 would have watching a 5 and 7 kill everything. I Really would like to have minimally 4 people to start this thing. 2) I've had a ton of trouble building this scenario, I spent about 8 hours yesterday and couldn't get things to parse correctly, then when I got them in the game after I thought they were parsed correctly, they wouldn't function properly. This set me back tremendously. I had expected to finish everything by late last night. I've been busy today and unable to work on it and may not have a ton of time tomorrow. I would most likely finish it tomorrow but I'm still looking at problem #1.

So I'm wondering what you guys think about possibly postponing it? What are your thoughts? I would be willing to run one for you guys that I've already built if everyone wants to play. I could even run First steps if you guys wanted to put credit towards a new character you may have just created, I have a lvl 1 I could get credit for myself. Anyway let me know what y'all are thinking!

Also, if anyone knows of a video here on FG about a step by step process of using creature parser please let me know. I consistently have problems parsing and i consistently don't understand how to fix them.....

jshauber
December 23rd, 2013, 05:59
Well I'm thinking 2 things right now. 1) we only have 3 on the calendar and the levels are all spread out so we'd have to play tier 1-2. Don't know how much challenge would be there for a level 5 and 7. On top of I don't know how much fun a level 2 would have watching a 5 and 7 kill everything. I Really would like to have minimally 4 people to start this thing. 2) I've had a ton of trouble building this scenario, I spent about 8 hours yesterday and couldn't get things to parse correctly, then when I got them in the game after I thought they were parsed correctly, they wouldn't function properly. This set me back tremendously. I had expected to finish everything by late last night. I've been busy today and unable to work on it and may not have a ton of time tomorrow. I would most likely finish it tomorrow but I'm still looking at problem #1.

So I'm wondering what you guys think about possibly postponing it? What are your thoughts? I would be willing to run one for you guys that I've already built if everyone wants to play. I could even run First steps if you guys wanted to put credit towards a new character you may have just created, I have a lvl 1 I could get credit for myself. Anyway let me know what y'all are thinking!

Also, if anyone knows of a video here on FG about a step by step process of using creature parser please let me know. I consistently have problems parsing and i consistently don't understand how to fix them.....

I am open to whatever works best for you and the others. I only have 2 PFS characters so far, a 2nd and a 1st level guy. Trying to level up to be more useful and also give myself more options for play.

You might want to ask Trenloe about the creature parser since he built it. He has been very helpful to me in getting issues resolved.

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2013, 07:20
You might want to ask Trenloe about the creature parser since he built it. He has been very helpful to me in getting issues resolved.

Yea we've email back and forth number times and this isn't the first game we've done that. The bottom line is that I can't get my mind around what I'm looking for when there is an error that isn't listed. He's been great at his willingness to help, I just can't seem to grasp it. I think I could parse them all individually and could get it to work, its when I put multiples in that it goes haywire. That would take forever though and make it so hard to find once I was in game. If you remember last game game the boss room something was wrong with the parsed mob. It parsed with no error and imported in, but we found out you couldn't kill it even then. He did tell me you can't parse traps. I wonder if you have traps in there with other creatures if it will mess up everything? Anyway, I'll keep poking around at it and maybe in a few years I'll figure it out LOL

Lord Kavos
December 23rd, 2013, 07:52
So what's the plan if we only have 3 players? Are we canning the game or ate u running a pregen?

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2013, 08:02
He did tell me you can't parse traps. I wonder if you have traps in there with other creatures if it will mess up everything?
Yes it will screw things up. Remove any traps from the file you are parsing and make sure you only have properly formatted stat blocks that conform to the Paizo standard and read the gotchas in post #1 of the parser thread.

As mentioned before, open the .fpf file in a text editor. Don't use Wordpad for creating your text file for parsing - use notepad.

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2013, 08:25
Yes it will screw things up. Remove any traps from the file you are parsing and make sure you only have properly formatted stat blocks that conform to the Paizo standard and read the gotchas in post #1 of the parser thread.

As mentioned before, open the .fpf file in a text editor. Don't use Wordpad for creating your text file for parsing - use notepad.

Yea I'm using Notepad++. The problem I have when opening the .fpf file is I can't really tell what I'm looking for. I'll reread the parser thread too.

@Lord Kavos - As for the game, I don't think I'm going to complete it by game time, I just want to be honest dont wanta wing it, I like things to look good even if it means GMing less. If you've got another game you can play go for it or a hot date! I don't wanta keep saying yes and it not happen. On top of all that I hate using pregens and maybe I can work on it thru the holidays and schedule it again for after Christmas. Think we could probably get more players that way.

Lord Kavos
December 23rd, 2013, 09:20
No prob buddy

hawkwind
December 23rd, 2013, 11:37
I have run this adventure and in have a npc mod file and some tap free maps in obtained from the shared GM prep thread on the Paizo boards you are welcome to have

Malkavian_Andi
December 23rd, 2013, 12:31
we only have 3 on the calendar and the levels are all spread out so we'd have to play tier 1-2. Don't know how much challenge would be there for a level 5 and 7. On top of I don't know how much fun a level 2 would have watching a 5 and 7 kill everything. I Really would like to have minimally 4 people to start this thing.As I already posted, if we have both levels 1-2 and levels 5-7 in the game, our only choice is subtier 3-4. Any other subtier would characters force to play more than one subtier away from their actual level, which is not allowed. (It's obvious why: Subtier 1-2 is much too easy for levels 5-7, and subtier 6-7 is too hard for levels 1-2 (and if they survive by hiding behind the high levels, they'd get too much gold for their level).

So I'm wondering what you guys think about possibly postponing it? What are your thoughts? I would be willing to run one for you guys that I've already built if everyone wants to play. I could even run First steps if you guys wanted to put credit towards a new character you may have just created, I have a lvl 1 I could get credit for myself. Anyway let me know what y'all are thinking!If you need the time to create a good game, then let's postpone it, I'm ok with that as long as I have time then.
First Steps would be fine, too. I still have a few level 1 characters who'd be happy to get some XP.
Also, I don't have any problems with doing both (postponing Voice in the Void and playing First Steps tonight) as long as that's ok for you as well.

Malkavian_Andi
December 23rd, 2013, 12:58
Oh, and before I forget: Here are the characters I'd like to play:
Sesquipedalix is for Voice in the Void, Wakko is for First Steps.

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2013, 23:22
Guys I' m looking at making up this game on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday of next week. Also we don't have to do this one, I know Andreas has already done it. Please post here which days and time on S-M-T are good for you and maybe a list of 4-5 games you haven't played yet that you've been wanting to. If there's no common ground we'll run this one, was just looking for something Andreas hasn't run.

Malkavian_Andi
December 23rd, 2013, 23:55
As long as it's about the same time as planned for tonight, I can make it on Sunday. I don't know about Monday, that depends on what will happen to the Way of the Wicked campaign.
Definitely can't make it on Tuesday, I'm going to a New Year's party then.

I know that I'd like to play "You have what you hold", also "Among the Dead" would be nice because I have already played the prequel. Other than that I don't have anything particular I desperately want to play. Maybe it's better to post some scenarios you're able to run and we decide from those. I don't think it makes much sense if we only name scnearios you don't own yet.

So I guess no game tonight? Neither Voice in the Void nor First Steps?

Lord Kavos
December 24th, 2013, 00:02
Either of those mods works for me

jshauber
December 24th, 2013, 02:58
Guys I' m looking at making up this game on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday of next week. Also we don't have to do this one, I know Andreas has already done it. Please post here which days and time on S-M-T are good for you and maybe a list of 4-5 games you haven't played yet that you've been wanting to. If there's no common ground we'll run this one, was just looking for something Andreas hasn't run.

Sunday is out as I have another game that night, but Monday or Tuesday will most likely work.

Trueshots
December 29th, 2013, 06:59
Alright guys go to CALENDAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1134) and pick the dates you can play, hopefully we can get a few more people. Spread the word! Also once we've nailed down a date and time, repost you characters/chronicles if anything has changed. Thanks!

Malkavian_Andi
December 29th, 2013, 11:39
I made my votes, although I don't know about some of the dates, so I left them open. I'll vote yes/no for those as soon as I know for sure.
My character didn't change in the meantime.

Trueshots
December 31st, 2013, 03:07
well ive heard back from 2 of you guys, Hope to hear from Andrew soon to see if he can play. Hope we get a couple more by monday!

EDIT: Crap looks like Andrew cant play Monday....scheduling games is a pain in my A$$!

Lord Kavos
January 1st, 2014, 16:07
Looking unlikely at present mate, should know for sure later this wk

Trueshots
January 5th, 2014, 03:55
Appears this isn't gonna happen again, I'm bout to give up on GMing...it's a pain in the butt getting enough players to play!

Lord Kavos
January 5th, 2014, 04:38
Yea sorry mate, cant do monday night (tue moring for me) - have a funeral to go to, and tue night (wed morning for me) is my regular golf game.

Could play later in the week though.

Talk to you tmrw during lachanery's game.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2014, 12:24
Appears this isn't gonna happen again, I'm bout to give up on GMing...it's a pain in the butt getting enough players to play!
It's a quiet time of year for gaming - don't give up! With the holiday period coming to a close people will start getting back to regular schedules again...

Trueshots
January 6th, 2014, 21:12
Well fellows, 3 hours out and no more takers looks like were gonna have to call this one. I think ill wait a few weeks before reposting this one, no ones showed any interest, maybe its a highly played one I have no clue.