PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Dec 22 at 9pm EST - #37: The Beggar's Pearl

lachancery
December 18th, 2013, 16:41
Sunday Dec 22nd 9pm EST (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20131222T21&p1=165&ah=5) (click to check your local time)
Tiers (level): 1-7 (subtier played based on party)

When a thief arrives at the Pathfinder Lodge in Almas bearing stolen artifacts and writings pointing the way to a lost dwarven gallery, you are sent into the rugged Aspodell Mountains to find the famed dwarven explorer last known to be searching for the gallery as well as the gallery itself. Once there you find a tangled web of darklands creatures in the thrall of a charismatic cult leader with ties to the darkest shadows of the First Realm.

To join:

Post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML and a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet.

Do not hesitate to reply in this forum thread if you have questions. Looking forward to gaming with you!

Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (No license required)
Server Alias: firm roll xeno gate
Chat type: Voice (Teamspeak3): fgts.servegame.com:9152 (Pwd: Dungeoneers)

Useful links if you are new to Fantasy Grounds:

Steps to create your PC's XML: First message in this thead (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961)
Pathfinder FG library modules: Feats (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3513&d=1356479783), Traits (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3514&d=1356479797) and Equipment (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3512&d=1356479773).

Useful links if you are new to Pathfinder Society Organized Play:

PFS Resources page: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources
Character creation rules: Guide to PFS Organized Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4) (It's free!)
Pathfinder rules reference: https://paizo.com/prd/ and https://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Malkavian_Andi
December 18th, 2013, 17:44
Sounds good :)
I'm in. Here's my character.

fizzure
December 19th, 2013, 01:20
Here's Magnuson's character sheet. I last played him in March and I can't find my Chronicle sheets? But I do have a screen shot of my session from my Paizo account

JohnD
December 19th, 2013, 04:14
Fingers crossed. I only have a 1st level PC... if that doesn't work willing to play pregen.

Lord Kavos
December 19th, 2013, 04:41
Here is Julius' files.

Can also play a 1st lvl PC if required, but would prefer to play Julius if possible.

Malkavian_Andi
December 19th, 2013, 13:27
If everybody wants to play a higher tier, I can switch to something around level 4-6. Just need to know ahead of time. (If you like, you can tell me what kind of character would work well with your characters. We all want good roleplaying opportunities after all ;) )

fizzure
December 19th, 2013, 17:28
4-6 pregen fighter, barbarian is OK with me.

Malkavian_Andi
December 19th, 2013, 18:13
For mid-level range, I could throw in:
- a 6th level tien human fighter with 2 kamas
- a 6th level half-orc inquisitor of Lamashtu
- a 3rd level elven life-oracle
- a 4th level Qadiran rogue specialized on feinting

Anything any of you would want to see at the table? I'd probably go for the rogue if we end up playing subtier 3-4.

Lord Kavos
December 19th, 2013, 19:44
your call guys....we can work out the APL on the day...

Trueshots
December 19th, 2013, 21:12
Yea, Im gonna play a level 6 Ninja, so looks like we can play higher tier. FUN FUN!

KBoom
December 19th, 2013, 23:30
I'm in with a 6 ranger. Working on the .xml now, will post chronicle with it when I finish it.

EDIT - And goodie, need to download a huge file for HeroLab. Sigh. It'll be sometime tonight, I swear!

Trueshots
December 19th, 2013, 23:43
I'm in with a 6 ranger. Working on the .xml now, will post chronicle with it when I finish it.

EDIT - And goodie, need to download a huge file for HeroLab. Sigh. It'll be sometime tonight, I swear!

Its ok, all though Sumashi won't be gracing your presence, her mother Lia will display all the greatest needed for this adventure :)

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 01:45
Fingers crossed. I only have a 1st level PC... if that doesn't work willing to play pregen.
Welcome to the game John,

It looks like we may be playing tier 6-7. Have a look at the pregens level 7 (https://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/PFS-Pregens.zip) and let me know which one you'd like to play. If that pregen has not already been converted, I'll do it on Saturday.

Since this is a tier 1-7 module, I believe you will be getting a chronicle sheet for tier 1-2 and be able to apply it immediately to your ranger.

Yves.

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 01:46
For mid-level range, I could throw in:
- a 6th level tien human fighter with 2 kamas
- a 6th level half-orc inquisitor of Lamashtu
- a 3rd level elven life-oracle
- a 4th level Qadiran rogue specialized on feinting

Anything any of you would want to see at the table? I'd probably go for the rogue if we end up playing subtier 3-4.
Welcome to the game Andreas!

It looks like we will be playing the upper tier (6-7). Could you post me either of your upper characters?

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 01:57
Here's Magnuson's character sheet. I last played him in March and I can't find my Chronicle sheets? But I do have a screen shot of my session from my Paizo account

Welcome to the game Fizzure!

Your chronicle sheets track the amount of gold and equipment your character has. It's a problem if you can't find them... The good news is that two of your games were hosted by a GM here (Mgrancey); I would think he would be able to send them back to you?

The other concern is I don't see how Magnuson could have earned 6 XP (and be third level) from the screenshot your pasted. He should be 2nd level. It looks like the other players want to play their higher level characters, so I would suggest you play a pregen level 7 for this scenario. Since it is tier 1-7, you will be able to apply the chronicle sheet to Magnuson immediately. If you're ok with that, please let me know which pregen you would like to play, and I'll make sure it's ready.

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 02:08
The other concern is I don't see how Magnuson could have earned 6 XP (and be third level) from the screenshot your pasted. He should be 2nd level.

6xp would be that he just earned level 3, but hasn't played as a level 3 yet.

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 02:13
6xp would be that he just earned level 3, but hasn't played as a level 3 yet.
Re-read what I posted. ;)

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 02:34
Re-read what I posted. ;)

Geeez, be easy on the new fellow :) I just saw pic, he has 8pp =4xp= lvl 2 or if Crypt is like Godsmouth it could be 8pp=5xp= level 2 still.......dag nabbit, if I coulda found one more xp I could have been right, I hate you people! LOL

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 02:39
Geeez, be easy on the new fellow :) I just saw pic, he has 8pp =4xp= lvl 2 or if Crypt is like Godsmouth it could be 8pp=5xp= level 2 still.......dag nabbit, if I coulda found one more xp I could have been right, I hate you people! LOL
Haha! I deleted my post about wildblooded - I had it confused with crossblooded. Moving on, all's good!

fizzure
December 20th, 2013, 02:56
Well in addition to the games I played that were documented by the GM's at Paizo, there was Rise of the Goblin Guild and Frostfur Captives that I played that were not documented by the GM. I had several of my sheets in my gmail account that went poof!

I think the easiest solution would be to just play a lvl 7 pre-gen barbarian if that's ok and just apply what I earn to Magnuson? Is that how that would work?

Thanks,

Jason

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 03:24
Well in addition to the games I played that were documented by the GM's at Paizo, there was Rise of the Goblin Guild and Frostfur Captives that I played that were not documented by the GM. I had several of my sheets in my gmail account that went poof!

I think the easiest solution would be to just play a lvl 7 pre-gen barbarian if that's ok and just apply what I earn to Magnuson? Is that how that would work?

Sure, that sounds like the simplest solution for Sunday's game. I'm not a venture-officer, so I am unable to assist you in restoring Magnuson's status, but perhaps reaching to Mgrancey here by private message would get you a couple of the chronicle sheets back?

Which of the pregen would you like to play? (The pregen list is here (https://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/PFS-Pregens.zip))

JohnD
December 20th, 2013, 04:32
Looking at the current party composition, I will play the pregen Cleric. Have updated the Campaign Page accordingly.

JohnD
December 20th, 2013, 04:37
Welcome to the game John,

It looks like we may be playing tier 6-7. Have a look at the pregens level 7 (https://paizo.com/download/pathfinder/PFS-Pregens.zip) and let me know which one you'd like to play. If that pregen has not already been converted, I'll do it on Saturday.

Since this is a tier 1-7 module, I believe you will be getting a chronicle sheet for tier 1-2 and be able to apply it immediately to your ranger.

Yves.
Thanks Yves! :)

So I understand it, I will be able to apply what XP etc... I get for this game to my L1 Ranger. This will make him L2 as he has 2 XP right now.

Looking forward to it.

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 04:38
So I understand it, I will be able to apply what XP etc... I get for this game to my L1 Ranger. This will make him L2 as he has 2 XP right now.

Yep! Don't forget to let me know which of the pregen you want to play, so I have it ready for the game.

JohnD
December 20th, 2013, 04:41
Yep! Don't forget to let me know which of the pregen you want to play, so I have it ready for the game.

Will go with Kyra the Human Cleric.

KBoom
December 20th, 2013, 05:10
Of course, when I said 6 ranger, I naturally meant 6 zen archer.

lachancery
December 20th, 2013, 05:48
Will go with Kyra the Human Cleric.
Roger that. Kyra 7th level created and ready to go!

Trenloe
December 20th, 2013, 06:11
I'm not a venture-officer, so I am unable to assist you in restoring Magnuson's status, but perhaps reaching to Mgrancey here by private message would get you a couple of the chronicle sheets back?
Players have to make sure that they keep their chronicle sheets safe and up to date. If the scenario was reported on Paizo.com then the first recourse is for the player to try to get in touch with the GM to re-issue the missing chronicle sheets. If, and only if, the GM can't/won't re-issue can you take it to a Venture Officer for them to re-issue the sheets.

If any scenarios that a player has lost chronicles for are not reported on Paizo.com then the player has to try to find old communications and get in touch the the GM to re-issue. Without the game being reported on Paizo.com there is very little online VOs can do - unless you can provide clear evidence of what the missing chronicles are and what was gained (prestige being the main one). Sorry.

Malkavian_Andi
December 20th, 2013, 10:57
Since this is a tier 1-7 module, I believe you will be getting a chronicle sheet for tier 1-2 and be able to apply it immediately to your ranger.He'll get the sheet for tier 6-7, since that's the subtier that's being played. He can either hold it until his character gets to level 7 or he can apply it to his 1st level character by reducing the gold gained to 500. Still, available items will stay the same (not that a level 1 character will be able to purchase them soon).

Anyway, here's my level 6 character.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2013, 00:52
sorry bout the delay but I will be playing Lia, the 6th level ninja that is extremely small but has the tendency to carry others on her back :) *glaces at KBoom*

KBoom
December 21st, 2013, 02:14
What? I don't mind being carried. Makes the scenarios a lot easier.

And I don't ever have to buy a horse.

fizzure
December 21st, 2013, 02:20
lachancery,

I'd like to play Amiri the level 7 barbarian pregen.

Trenloe,

I appreciate the information around my options for getting my chronicle sheets re-issued.

lachancery
December 21st, 2013, 19:08
Hey everyone,

A friend of the family passed away, and I won't be able to host the game tomorrow night as planned. I have proposed new dates in the Game Calendar for this scenario (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1133). Could you please indicate if you are available on these dates?

Thanks.

Yves.

lachancery
December 22nd, 2013, 01:56
Looks like Thursday is the only evening that looks promising - all the others had at least 3 people who couldn't... The others who haven't voted, can you play on Thursday?

Trueshots
December 22nd, 2013, 02:41
Looks like Thursday is the only evening that looks promising - all the others had at least 3 people who couldn't... The others who haven't voted, can you play on Thursday?

I won't know if I have to work til tuesday or wed about thursday night. The likelihood of working is slim due to it being the day after Christmas. So I will say I'm 80%+ good to go on these days, I'll go ahead and confirm and do my best.

lachancery
December 22nd, 2013, 19:17
Since everyone else confirmed their availability, I'll go ahead and schedule the game for Thursday night, Dec 26th. Hope you will be able to join us Trueshots!

Lord Kavos
January 4th, 2014, 14:14
We still on for Sunday night (mon morning for me)?

Trueshots
January 4th, 2014, 14:37
I hope so, I'm itching to play! I haven't had any luck setting games up or playing anything in weeks!

Malkavian_Andi
January 4th, 2014, 15:10
I hope so, too. Games were really scarce during the holidays, even my usual home games.

lachancery
January 5th, 2014, 00:28
Reminder: The game will finally be happening tomorrow (Sunday) night at 8pm EST (GMT-5).

I have the barbarian and cleric level 7 pregens loaded; I will need the final XML for every other character. Please post your character XML in the game's forum thread.

I will also need the following information for your chronicle sheets:

Player Name
Character name
PFS #
Faction

Malkavian_Andi
January 5th, 2014, 02:07
Here's the info you requested:

Player Name: Andreas Forster
Character Name: Yoritomo Seki
PFS-#: 42939-12
Faction: Andoran

Trueshots
January 5th, 2014, 03:53
Player Name Aaron P.
Character name Lia
PFS #71518-1
Faction Taldor

My XML is the same as well as chronicle

Lord Kavos
January 5th, 2014, 04:44
Here is Julius' xml (i PM'd u my details)

added my last chronicle too...

KBoom
January 5th, 2014, 05:20
Player Name - Kim Boyer
Character name - Tara Hawklight
PFS # - 107797-6
Faction - Silver Crusade

fizzure
January 5th, 2014, 20:58
It looks like Magnuson will not be able to make the game tonight. So sorry for the late notice :(

JohnD
January 5th, 2014, 22:46
Requested information sent via PM.

If you need the last chronicle for my PC that I'm applying this session to, I'll have to see if I can dig it up somewhere (has been a loooonng time).

Lord Kavos
January 6th, 2014, 07:13
My network has shat itself

JohnD
January 6th, 2014, 17:25
Did anyone else get disconnected last night after I did? Was unable to re-connect. :/

lachancery
January 6th, 2014, 18:39
Did anyone else get disconnected last night after I did? Was unable to re-connect. :/
A few of us had network issues last night (I had to restart my Internet router at one point), but we were able to complete the scenario, although it took much longer than 4-5 hours. The last fight was loooong... At one point, it even looked like characters would die, but the enemies did not have enough offensive abilities (namely attack bonus vs PC ACs) to take advantage of the situation.

JohnD
January 6th, 2014, 19:27
Holy carp... you must have been going until 0200 then....

Trueshots
January 6th, 2014, 19:30
3 am EST :)

lachancery
January 6th, 2014, 20:03
You'll find attached chronicle sheets for yesterday's scenario. Please review for accuracy, and let me know if you wish me to sign for any purchase on your chronicle sheet.

PS: JohnD - I need to verify PFS rules for your chronicle sheet. I will get it done later tonight.

PPS: LordK - Apologies, I screwed up computing the out of subtier gold; I didn't use parenthesis for the addition before the division. ;)

Malkavian_Andi
January 6th, 2014, 22:13
Thanks again for the game.
You won't need to sign any purchases for me, I'll save the gold for later.

Trueshots
January 7th, 2014, 00:00
Hey Lachancery, I don't think the signed PDF's you did are legal. I was told it has the be the actual page out of the actual pdf. Not the fillable season 5 version. I could careless to be honest, I'm not gonna ask u for a new one anyway, but some people may want theirs "legal"

EDIT POST::: I LOOKED AT IT AGAIN, THAT IS THE ONE OUT OF THE BACK OF PDF.......HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET IT SO CLEAR? NONE OF MINE ARE THAT CLEAR!

Nickademus
January 7th, 2014, 00:16
Photoshop most likely. You can drag the pdfs into PS and extract the raw chronicle image without any distortion.

If clarity is an issue, I can possibly provide clear images for scenarios prior to season 5 (I don't have any season 5). I thought someone already did this though.

Trueshots
January 7th, 2014, 00:27
Photoshop most likely.

Yea I use GIMP and It wont let me drap a .PDF file into it for some reason, I'll look again

Nickademus
January 7th, 2014, 00:35
Photoshop is made by the company that created pdfs. Gimp is not. It's probably a rights thing, but all Adobe products work well with pdfs.

Trueshots
January 7th, 2014, 01:01
I actually got in in GIMP now, think it will Work, Looks pretty darn good too!

lachancery
January 7th, 2014, 02:01
I LOOKED AT IT AGAIN, THAT IS THE ONE OUT OF THE BACK OF PDF.......HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET IT SO CLEAR? NONE OF MINE ARE THAT CLEAR!
I validated the process I used with the online VOs; one if them uses the same process as I did. In short, I extracted the last page of the PDF into its own PDF, then I used a PDF editor (Nitro in this case) to fill in manually the fields the GM is supposed to fill/validate, and finally, I added scans of my initials and of my signature (digitally confirmed).

I could have done the same process with GiMP too; might even have saved me a few minutes.

JohnD
January 13th, 2014, 09:40
I'm guessing that I didn't qualify for a chronicle this time then.

Trueshots
January 13th, 2014, 10:59
I'm guessing that I didn't qualify for a chronicle this time then.

He must have just overlooked you, You were definitely there long enough if I remember correctly!

lachancery
January 13th, 2014, 18:01
He must have just overlooked you, You were definitely there long enough if I remember correctly!
What Trueshots said - so sorry. I needed to look up the rule about partial play and forgot to get back to your chronicle sheet.

JohnD
January 14th, 2014, 02:41
No problem Yves... my main is to get a chance to play. Would do pregens all the time if it came down to it. Thanks for getting back though.