PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Ruleset for FG 3.0 Created

sciencephile
December 18th, 2013, 08:56
Current Version: 3.02

Qai
December 18th, 2013, 16:07
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot mate! Now I can begin the conversion to Black Crusade and Only War :)

Blue Haven
December 21st, 2013, 16:27
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot mate! Now I can begin the conversion to Black Crusade and Only War :)

And please don't forget to share that precious too ;)

Great work my friend and many thanks for the update :)

Blue Haven
December 22nd, 2013, 17:54
I have one small request for this ruleset...can you please bring back the skills to the Character Sheet...? with all the funtions that the other one had...pleaseeee...the one you made, takes a lot of time to fill and for green players its very annoying, not to mention that is a lot more hard for me to explain how things work for my players...at least the basic ones...
Great work :)

sciencephile
December 22nd, 2013, 20:48
The reason why I switched to this model is because the old way was broken in that it only allows for the very out-of-the-box basic skills. With advanced skills becoming basic skills and modifiers due to talents that weren't being accommodated for, it made for situations where the skills were downright wrong with no way of fixing them. This new way, while it puts more work up front, allows for custom modification due to talents, etc.

I'm not sure why you have to do a lot of explaining. Aren't we all supposed to have a copy of the official rule book anyway and the ruleset is just a character sheet.

I will consider it if I can find a way to pre-populate a text list. Since this is all pro-bono work, I will look into it but please don't expect and immediate modification. If someone reading this knows how to pre-populate a text list, please shoot me a response on how to do it and that will make the process quicker. Thanks.

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2013, 21:00
Try a search for DataCommon.skilldata in the 3.5E ruleset code. It's used to populate the skills tab on the 3.5E character sheets.

Cheers,
JPG

sciencephile
December 22nd, 2013, 21:16
Damn, JPG. You were too quick to give me the answer. I was hoping to breathe for a week or two before going back into development :-)

Thanks.

I will look into this and see if I can modify the skills tab accordingly.

Danny

Blue Haven
December 22nd, 2013, 23:23
The reason why I switched to this model is because the old way was broken in that it only allows for the very out-of-the-box basic skills. With advanced skills becoming basic skills and modifiers due to talents that weren't being accommodated for, it made for situations where the skills were downright wrong with no way of fixing them. This new way, while it puts more work up front, allows for custom modification due to talents, etc.

I'm not sure why you have to do a lot of explaining. Aren't we all supposed to have a copy of the official rule book anyway and the ruleset is just a character sheet.

I will consider it if I can find a way to pre-populate a text list. Since this is all pro-bono work, I will look into it but please don't expect and immediate modification. If someone reading this knows how to pre-populate a text list, please shoot me a response on how to do it and that will make the process quicker. Thanks.

Thank you friend :) yeah i know that, but for noob players that want to start playing right away and jump into the action, if i told them to read the book, i know they will not read it :( and then i have to stop and lose time...but its ok friend :) i will wait for your work ;)
Thanks

Moon Wizard
January 13th, 2014, 20:53
Updated Library with this new version.

Regards,
JPG

sciencephile
January 14th, 2014, 00:25
Thank you, JPG. This should make it easier for the Dark Heresy folks to find the correct ruleset.

Qai
January 15th, 2014, 00:52
Hey sciencephile. If I may ask you something, and I totally understand if it's too tedious to respond, but can you please tell me the exact file(s) you edited for your recent fix of the ruleset? I have a heavily modded BC version and I would rather hack in your fix or just replace specific files, if possible.

sciencephile
January 16th, 2014, 07:29
The recent fix was in regards to initiative so it would have been:

manager_action_init.lua [lines 42-78] (within the main script folder)
record_char_main.xml [lines 73-74] (within the campaign folder)
record_npc.xml [lines 253-254] (within the campaign folder)

Qai
January 26th, 2014, 17:03
Thanks a lot sciencephile. Really appreciated. I've been extremely overloaded with work lately, so just getting around to things now. I'll update the stuff on my end. I'm getting close to finishing the BC tables and looking to put together a database of NPCs. It'll still be a while before I get a more-or-less complete version of the ruleset to send your way as I work in between real-life obligations, but things are coming along nicely. Again, thanks!

Paul Pratt
January 30th, 2014, 03:51
I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. When I load the DarkHeresy-TablesMods.mod it loads fine, looks correct on the GM side, but on the player side the text labels for each of the modifiers has its left anchor shifted and they end up even with the plus/minus button so the players can't read the first 3-4 characters of text for the modifiers. Not a huge issue, but it is such a great feature I'd like my players to use it more.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2014, 09:30
I am wondering if anyone else has this issue.
Yep, I see that issue on the player side too.

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2014, 18:12
This was an issue in the CoreRPG ruleset in v3.0, prior to the v3.0.2 patch. I'm guessing that the W40K Dark Heresy ruleset borrowed that code from the CoreRPG ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

sciencephile
January 30th, 2014, 19:45
Yes. I had borrowed the utilities_modifers.xml page to be able to attach a hyperlink to a modifier (to give an explanation as to what the modifier meant). Now that I know the issue, I will make the fix (I actually looked into it last night but couldn't get it to cooperate).

Better yet, it would be a great added functionality for the Core ruleset to have the ability to attach a hyperlink to the modifiers (in which I will just delete my copied utilities_modifiers.xml out of the Dark Heresy ruleset and let it use the core's functionality).

JPG, if you plan on adding links to modifiers in a near future update, I will delete the borrowed page and update accordingly. Otherwise, I will borrow the updated modifiers page and just add the link element as I did previously.

Thanks,

Danny

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2014, 22:49
I don't have plans to add links to modifiers in the near term. Too many things queued up right now.

You could implement the modifier changes as a "merge" on the windowclass, instead of a full replacement too.

Cheers,
JPG

sciencephile
January 30th, 2014, 23:18
Okay, thanks. I understand. I just didn't want to go one direction if it was being changed at the master level. I will experiment with the merge and reload the fix to this thread so it can be moved to the proper library area by someone with the proper rights.

sciencephile
January 31st, 2014, 07:26
Updated .pak file on this thread (first post). Fixed the modifiers not displaying for players.

Blue Haven
January 31st, 2014, 12:56
Thank you once again :)

cutlass
March 11th, 2014, 22:03
Excellent stuff! Thanks. Are you planning to add d100 dice and drag and drop capabilities?

sciencephile
March 11th, 2014, 22:41
d100 dice and drag and drop are already in the ruleset. The d100 can be accessed by right-clicking on the d10 and selecting "%" Please look under Armory for the updated version and PDF instructions.

There is no library file for the drag and drop as that would violate copyrights. You can create your own and use it within the ruleset, however.

cutlass
March 12th, 2014, 00:19
Sorry I was unclear. I meant a drag characteristoc/skill/whatever and automatically roll the dice on release, like in many other rulesets. That would be awesome.

sciencephile
March 12th, 2014, 01:41
Unless I am totally missing things, each of the skills, weapons, attributes, etc. has a rollable die that you can either double click or drag and drop that rolls the appropriate die (d100 for skills/attributes, d10 for weapon damage).

Leonal
March 14th, 2014, 22:57
Found the correct thread and file! Thanks!!!

Paul Pratt
March 26th, 2014, 07:32
Please see first post for current files.

sciencephile
March 26th, 2014, 13:53
Thank you, Paul.

JPG, or whomever puts this with the wiki: Please be sure that Paul is added to the author line so he gets credit too. Maybe a line like "by Danny Stratton and Paul Pratt". You can reverse names if you wish (whatever mood you feel like at the time). I just want him to get credit too - he did a lot of good modifications.

With collaborators like Paul, I might just have to come out of ruleset retirement when my everyday work project comes to end this summer. :)

Blue Haven
May 1st, 2014, 17:34
Will you guys work on a ruleset for the new version that is coming out...? i mean Dark Heresy 2nd edition :)
Many thanks for the hard work i love it :)
Big Hugs

sciencephile
May 2nd, 2014, 01:54
Sorry, I don't have the 2.0 edition and don't plan on purchasing it strictly for making a new version of the ruleset. Not sure what Paul's feelings are about this.

Blue Haven
May 2nd, 2014, 12:49
Ok friend :) i guess i can make a remake with a new skin (i love the new look of 2nd edition) and still use the old stuff ;)
Thank you so much :)

ttuckel
May 16th, 2014, 10:14
Thank you very much for this excellent ruleset !
Sorry for my bad English !
If you are interested I've made some modifications to translate the ruleset in French for Deathwatch.

https://tuckel.free.fr/images/FG/Deathwatch/ruleset/WH40K_Deathwatch.pak

Actually I have 2 questions :
- in the "Talents" (Abilities) page, in "Capacités de mode Solo" when I create a new character, 14 lines are immediately created in the list. If you delete those lines and close the character, they re-appeared and the characteristics (WS, BS, Str ...) are turning to zero.
- can someone send to me a module example for this ruleset to drag/drop the skills, abilities ... ?

Thank you very much ! ;)

dr_venture
June 7th, 2014, 16:55
(post deleted - no idea why I wound up on this thread when I posted about the 3.0.4 release. Nothing to see here...)

ttuckel
June 8th, 2014, 22:20
Hi,
I've just updated to latest version 3.0.4 and I now get an error when opening a tab (like 'Skills'...) in the charactersheet :

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'setVisibility' (a nil value)

Can you have a solution ?
Thank you in advance !

Leonal
June 10th, 2014, 17:43
See 3.0.4 Release thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21272-Release-v3-0-4&p=177980&viewfull=1#post177980

Could you please look into the combat tracker issue where it doesn't allow the GM to delete NPCs in v3.0.4? Thanks a bunch!

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2014, 03:00
Responded in v3.0.4 thread. This ruleset was mostly converted to CoreRPG, but still overrode a few things the CoreRPG normally handles. I'm working on an update to make the integration smoother, and get rid of errors.

Should have something for people to test tomorrow.

JPG

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2014, 22:19
Uploaded new ruleset file to first post.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20048-Warhammer-40K-Dark-Heresy-Ruleset-for-FG-3-0-Created

Please give it a spin, and let me know if you see any errors.

A side benefit of tighter integration with CoreRPG is that double-clicking on rollable fields now works. (at least it didn't work when I initially tried on v3.0.4)

Regards,
JPG

Leonal
June 12th, 2014, 20:19
Just tested creating a new campaign, dragging a test NPC to the combat tracker and deleting it. It worked flawlessly! Many thanks for the swift response!

sciencephile
June 13th, 2014, 04:59
Thank you, JPG.

deathtrap
June 17th, 2014, 15:25
to start with amazing rule set .....but I seem to have some problems with the items
1) no mater how I set the ID the players don't have the items identified last set had 2 identified and 2 not and the player could not identify either
2) pen , clip size , reload and ROF are not transferring from the item when dragged from the Items 2 the CHAR sheet
(it might be a formatting error with ROF)
I hope you can solve my problem as I really like what you`ve done

just a comment on what I`ve read in posts as FFG are basing DH2 on the BC DW OW if you can get one of those 3 built it shouldn't`t take more that a little tweak for the new dark heresy

Paul Pratt
June 18th, 2014, 05:31
Been on vacation and back. I am not sure I follow the issue with items. Are these user created items? When dragging from a user created item to the weapon fields the shortcut errors?

deathtrap
June 18th, 2014, 10:41
I used the item/weapon template to put in some weapons now when I drag them to a character sheet it doesn't matter if the ID button next the padlock on the weapon card is turned to id or circle with line through it the players report that the items are not identified
also as a separate issue when I check the weapons that I dragged across rate of fire, pen, reload & clip size are not being copied across6801

deathtrap
June 18th, 2014, 10:49
6802 sorry these images are over 2 posts the first 1 shows 2 weapons I've set up with the weapon template the second is what happens when I drag the weapons from the items menu to the character. When I get a chance I`ll get one of the players to send me an image of the unidentified message they say they have.

Paul Pratt
June 18th, 2014, 16:05
I will look into to these and see what I can do.

Quick qustion, I noted in the pictures above that the graphics and weapon fields are not the same as the latest Dark Heresy pak. There were some rather large changes to the weapons tab. I think you may be using the version prior. If so, and if I can fix the ID issue, then when you update there will be some significant changes that will effect char sheets and other portions of your data. I think you may want to download the latest version, install it, and run it on a test campaigne to see if you want to use it.

Leonal
June 18th, 2014, 16:49
Another (tiny) request. :) Could there be an option to either use the default skin or the new gray one? The default FG-colours are much easier on the eyes. Thanks!

deathtrap
June 18th, 2014, 18:25
just to be on the safe side and encase I`m being monumentally stupid can you put the links to the latest files and where the should be placed if FG to make sure I've not missed something (just because im paranoid dosnt mean I`m wrong)

Paul Pratt
June 19th, 2014, 01:10
Leonal, to go back to the default skin would be quite an undertaking. I orginally thought of adding the gray skin as an extension and probably should have. I am not sure what it would take to go backwards now.

Paul Pratt
June 19th, 2014, 01:12
The latest files are at the start of this thread Deathtrap. it's dated 6-11-2014. On page three of this thread is the pdf guide to the ruleset.

Moon Wizard
June 19th, 2014, 02:14
The PDF guide is also in the first post.

Cheers,
JPG

Paul Pratt
June 19th, 2014, 22:07

-Paul

Paul Pratt
June 19th, 2014, 22:09
Deathtrap the issues you brought up are fixed in this release, but as I said before, I fear you are running an older version based on the skin that appears in the screenshots you posted. If you use the current version, there will be changes to your data, so be sure to have it backed up. You may have to input some character fields and items.

-Paul

sciencephile
June 20th, 2014, 00:29
Thank you, Paul.

Paul Pratt
June 20th, 2014, 03:59

-Paul

Leonal
June 20th, 2014, 05:43
Leonal, to go back to the default skin would be quite an undertaking. I orginally thought of adding the gray skin as an extension and probably should have. I am not sure what it would take to go backwards now.

Ok, I can see that. Will see about just changing the background wallpaper ourselves then. Thanks for the other updates! :)

sciencephile
June 26th, 2014, 04:08
Ruleset updated to version 3.1 (party sheet improvements and minor cosmetic improvements) - see first post. Also added instructions on how to convert a prior campaign to use this new version without re-typing everything in.

deathtrap
June 28th, 2014, 20:37
just got the new version knocked up a test character and test las pistol and this is the text that appeared below

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/weapon_utility.lua"]:26: attempt to index local 'basicskillsnode' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/weapon_utility.lua"]:26: attempt to index local 'basicskillsnode' (a nil value)

and then the screen look like attached image690169016901

sciencephile
June 28th, 2014, 22:31
Error occurred due to the code attempting to add the Parry value from the skills. It assumed the user would add skills before weapons. This has been fixed.

It has also been changed to default to a skill value if there is a skill called "Parry" in the basic skills (in case you want to override WS value due to special training). Otherwise, if no Parry skill, the Parry value will default to the WS skill.

Modified version of .pak has been loaded on the first post (newest version loaded).

Paul Pratt
June 29th, 2014, 06:58
Looking at the screen there will be issues using the weapons tab with the value "pistol". This won't display the proper fields. In the reference guide page 13 the fields for "Class" must follow a specific format. That covers the minimum. THe allowable fields are: Ranged weapons: "Pistol, Basic, Heavy, Grenade, Thrown or Ranged" for Melee: "Primitive, Chain, Power, Shock, or Melee". If the field Class doesn't use one of these as shown then the fields will not display correctly. So, when making custom weapons follow those guidelines, and look at the reference document to see the other fields usage.

Leonal
June 29th, 2014, 08:43
Thanks for the updates! The linked skills with stats are great, but now we're unable to make adjustments to the final roll. Is it possible to have ctrl+mouseroll to make adjustments to the skills?

sciencephile
June 29th, 2014, 15:41
Leonal,

Paul and I will be coordinating the next update in a few weeks. We will take your problem into consideration. In the meantime, you can make adjustments by adding modifiers into the modifier box.

-Danny

Leonal
June 30th, 2014, 22:14
Thanks a lot :)

Our group really enjoy most of the updates so keep up the good work!

sciencephile
July 1st, 2014, 03:53
Ruleset updated to allow for control+mouseroll to do manual adjustments to the skills. That's the good thing about this ruleset having two developers - if one us cannot address something, perhaps the other can :)

For the record, there may be an issue once you replace the existing ruleset with this one. It may make all skilltotals to be zero. You can fix this by double-clicking each left-most checkbox. This will put the values to the correct value. You will have to do this for each character.

Thank you Paul for adding this feature.

Paul Pratt
July 1st, 2014, 09:26
I would advise to do this before you open the weapons tab. If you don't it will be ok, just exit and re-enter/reload the game and things will be corrected on the weapons tab.

Blue Haven
July 2nd, 2014, 18:12
Thank you so much for your kind work once again :)
Big Hugs

Leonal
July 5th, 2014, 08:51
If anyone uses the WFRP 2nd ed hit locations you can replace the \graphics\icons\hitlocation.png with this.

sciencephile
July 5th, 2014, 14:52
Thank you, Leonal. Of course, if you do use this mechanism, you will have to manually track hit locations and ignore what the system determines for you.

Paul and I are planning on meeting soon to discuss future development efforts of the ruleset. One idea I was going to put forward during that discussion was that if the 2nd edition is different, we either create a new version of the ruleset or if the differences are not too drastic, we create an extension that just overrides existing features and basically makes the 1st edition ruleset into the 2nd edition ruleset. I myself do not have the 2nd edition so I don't know the level of differences.

Leonal
July 5th, 2014, 15:50
I see, we've always tracked hit locations manually. I wasn't aware there was an automatic feature for it too.

As long as it's generic enough to work across all the Warhammer (40k) RPGs my group is happy. :) Sticking with this version works well for us though.

Blacky
July 6th, 2014, 21:51
EVen if I don't play Dark Heresy, I noticed there was no generic token set with the ruleset. So I did one, if you're interested.

https://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/Interrogative.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/1.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/A.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/B.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/C.png

I sent the file to Paul; it's also here on various formats (https://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/jeux-de-roles/jdr-a-distance/tokens-alphabet-dark-heresy/).

deathtrap
July 7th, 2014, 20:16
installed new vertion getting a strange error see imaged attached
and also rember that the new DH is designed to bring it in line with the other games so if you create a DC DW or OW rulset it should be an easy step to adapt to the new DH (just a thought)

Trenloe
July 8th, 2014, 17:29
The "Access Denies" is an indication that players won't see your roll. It replaces the usual ? symbol that appears if the GM is hiding rolls from the players, which is the default setting.

Blue Haven
July 15th, 2014, 21:45
EVen if I don't play Dark Heresy, I noticed there was no generic token set with the ruleset. So I did one, if you're interested.

https://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/Interrogative.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/1.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/A.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/B.pnghttps://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/files/2014/07/C.png

I sent the file to Paul; it's also here on various formats (https://chezblacky.franchouille.fr/jeux-de-roles/jdr-a-distance/tokens-alphabet-dark-heresy/).

Wonderful friend!! :) many thanks for the tokens :)

Mask_of_winter
August 16th, 2014, 12:29
Thanks for this amazing ruleset! It's also adaptable to the whole line of WH40k settings. As I'm considering both Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader for my next campaign it's a great tool to have. Lots of automation which I'll need to practice. Thankfully there's a manual. Just that coming from Savage Worlds I'm not used to all that nifty stuff. Hell, with enough practice I might even run some for FGConV!

On a side note, I'll be recruiting soon. It'll be on Sundays, twice a month, 2-3hrs per session and it will start in the 2am to 8am GMT/UTC range depending on the response I get where the 2am start would be Saturday evening in the US and 8am being able to accommodate players in Europe/Asia/Australia. I use Team Speak for voice. I broadcast my own streaming radio feed for atmosphere (and got the creepiest dark ambient music! hehe).

This should be interesting since last time I ran or played using the Warhammer system was 25 years ago. The first system I ever DM'd.

I really like The Black Sepulchre module but I understand some of the interested players might have already played or ran this one.

So anyway, if you are interested pm me. I don't mean to spam this thread. I will use the Guild forums when it's time to officially recruit. Just thought I'd use this occasion to feel the field.

damned
August 16th, 2014, 17:34
thatd be FG Con 5!

cutlass
September 9th, 2014, 21:25
So, I was wondering how we can set armour as primitive, currently I have no idea how to do this.
Also, if we aim for a hit location, the system still randomly generates a hit location?
We had a blast testing out this ruleset, excellent stuff, thanks a lot.
I've created a theme as well 7406

sciencephile
September 10th, 2014, 07:13
1) Primitive Armor - you got me on that one. That was not accounted for at a future time. In the meantime, just manually adjust.

2) Hit location is randomly generated based on the attack roll. It just tells you where to set the location. You still have to click through the buttons to select the right area. If you wish to override the randomized hit location, you can do so.

3) Theme - Do you mind sharing? I will be starting work soon on creating the Dark Heresy 2.0 ruleset and I would love to include this. I will give you credit, of course in the startup script. I will probably change the desktop to put a starry scene that is a little less repetitive but every other aspect of the theme is rock solid and cool.

cutlass
September 10th, 2014, 21:06
Allright
So 1)Let us know when it's done 2)So the automation doesn't deduct armour from the random generated location when rolling damage? 3) yes, obviously willing to share although I'm not quite happy with the result yet (didn't I send you this by email btw?) because the graphics are not entirely up to point, my first experiment with extensions and the ext doesn't seem to work. It needs extraction of the folder into the dir to actually show up in extensions. If I have some time I'll continue to finetune. Apparently its too large to attach here, despite being a couple of KB short of the limit. You can find it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTT_puSQEeEMW1aVEJBVkhCZmc/edit?usp=sharing

But really, the theme still needs some finetuning.

Ps, while I'm at it, any chance of implementing character sheets with all default skills and related stats? at the moment it takes a lot of clicking to do this, or perhaps mousewheel functionality at least should speed up the process.

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

damned
September 10th, 2014, 22:48
you are zipping your extension up incorrectly....

you have \extensions\darkheresy\files....
you are zipping up \darkheresy and its contents - you need to just zip up the contents only... from extension.xml onwards...

sciencephile
September 11th, 2014, 05:09
So 1)Let us know when it's done

Will do. It will take a few weeks/months as I am not a full time FG developer and have to use this as a hobby (and I have two small children at home I attend to, as well).

2)So the automation doesn't deduct armour from the random generated location when rolling damage?

It deducts from the armor value listed for that location when rolling damage (for whatever location you selected). For instance, if you select "head" and the head as a armor value of 4, it will subtract 4 from the damage (or 8 if the weapon is designated as a primitive weapon). The default is modern armor as very few people seem to run around with primitive armor. Again, this can be fixed in a future release.

3) yes, obviously willing to share although I'm not quite happy with the result yet (didn't I send you this by email btw?)...

I didn't get an email. No worries if you need to clean up the graphics. The ruleset itself does not depend on the theme from the start. It can be included later.

any chance of implementing character sheets with all default skills and related stats?

Yes, particularly since 2nd edition has less skills and treats untrained skills as just having penalties. This allows me to just list all the skills in one list (like what Pathfinder does). I don't personally like the 2 separate lists (basic vs. advanced skills) I think it makes programming a bit difficult and creates lots of situations regarding exceptions to the rule. The all one bucket approach should make skills a lot easier to deal with.

Thanks again for your wonderful work.

You're welcome. While I did much of the early design work, Paul Pratt did most of the automation. So we all thank Paul with that. I will be contacting Paul shortly (hint, hint) to see if he wants to do the upgrade as a joint venture or not.

-Danny Stratton
-Sciencephile

cutlass
September 14th, 2014, 09:46
you are zipping your extension up incorrectly....

you have \extensions\darkheresy\files....
you are zipping up \darkheresy and its contents - you need to just zip up the contents only... from extension.xml onwards...

Ah, I thought is was something simple like that. I'll try to revise the theme by next week. Should be ready by then. I'll also change the desktop background.
I've created a folder with PC portraits, feel free to use it. You can find them here (www.cutlass.be/rpg/fg/Darkheresy-portraits.zip)

cutlass
September 21st, 2014, 08:45
Ok, as promised here's the latest version of the theme: https://www.cutlass.be/rpg/fg/OrdoHereticusTheme.ext
When I have time, I'll create a theme for the other Ordos as well.
Feel free to share.

PS, still looking for crewmembers, see: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21952-Dark-Heresy-1st-ed-Players-wanted-GMT-1

Paul Pratt
October 3rd, 2014, 02:54
Hello all, back in town now. To answer above, on primitive armour types, I have it done, just haven't released it yet. I have an Dark Heresy set with more features, but was called away to work before I finished up a few things. Primitive armour is in the release. The issue with the release is it will change your database and characters would have to be input again. The character sheet has been tweaked... alot. Weapons tab collaspes to hid alot of the information for a cleaner look. Party sheet is implemented. A few other things. All these are for the 1st edition rules though.

As for aiming, Sciencephile answered that pretty darn well. Just click the location that was aimed for and ignore the random location.

tlavalle
October 9th, 2014, 03:17
is this for second edition or first? if for first, what needs to be done to update to second edition?

sciencephile
October 10th, 2014, 00:29
This is the 1st edition.

I just recently began reading the 2nd edition rules but for the most part I think (from what I can tell on a quick glance), the change of the skills and the addition of Influence seems to be the biggest change.

I want to update it but I have an important work development effort to complete in the near future so I may not get to the update within the next few weeks.

Paul may have more to add.

Paul Pratt
October 11th, 2014, 00:06
I haven't picked up the 2nd Rules yet, but plan to shortly. The skills and interaction shouldn't be to hard to add to the existing systems in place. I will look into this and see what needs to happen for 2nd ed.

I know the psychic system would need an update as well. In fact what I would like to see is if it is possible to have the old DH available for those that prefer 1st ed., a generic set that is usable for Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Only War, and Black Crusade, then a 2nd ed Dark Heresy. I think the ruleset as is right now supports them all generically except for the different psy mechanics for the games after Dark Heresy 1st ed. If I add that option, then maybe some one can take that and tweak it to 2nd edition?

tlavalle
October 11th, 2014, 17:45
i have the 2nd edition book read, but never really play 1 ed had the books.

radekg
November 22nd, 2014, 19:38
I updated this ruleset to 2nd Edition... Sort of. ;)

* added Influence,
* changed how untrained skills are calculated (although I cannot force Specialist skill to be 0 if untrained - minor thing),
* changed some terminology
* changed how degrees of success/failure are caclulated
* Added information about Righteous Fury on D5 roll result of 10,
* not really about 2nd edition - added summary of armor+TB for ease of usage
* not really about 2nd edition - changed background image
* not really about 2nd edition - changed fonts to include polish characters.

It's not pretty, I'm sure it's not complete and I'm not really know what I'm doing but it works. If anybody is interested then I can share it.

Cheers,
Radek.

tlavalle
December 1st, 2014, 20:59
i'll try it

leetsepeak
January 14th, 2015, 23:47
Do you still have the 2e version of the ruleset lying around? I'd love to take a look.

radekg
January 15th, 2015, 08:31
Hey,
I know I made more changes than described above but I didn't write them down. ;) (I vaguely remember adding a place to note down character's meta-attributes)

One notable thing that is not touched are Psy powers that still use old system.. Oh well. Not a big of a deal.

I did one session with it and it works and is usable for my group so I don't think I will udpate it further (however there are A LOT of things to improve - especially for combat).

Have fun.

Valendr
February 4th, 2015, 13:23
Hey guys, I've got a question. The Dark Heresy ruleset seems to crash for me, and not save.

"Runtime Error: Unable to create directory: C:/Users/Ryon/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Dark Heresy: Ordo Xenos/usersettings" is what I'm getting.

Anyone know what's going on?

Edit: Tentatively seems to work when I remove the colon from the title. If that shouldn't affect it, hopefully someone has the answer. If it would, due to it attempting to create a folder when I exit- and the folder not being capable of containing that character then... I answered my own question.

Either way, thanks!...

Trenloe
February 5th, 2015, 16:49
Edit: Tentatively seems to work when I remove the colon from the title.
Yep, that's the reason.

Valendr
March 7th, 2015, 22:34
Another question, sorry if this one is simple as well.

I'm editing NPCs, and I've been putting information into them to get them extremely detailed. As soon as I lock an NPC (any NPC) I get this.

'Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)'

Any thoughts? This is seriously debilitating my ability to use the module, and I love it dearly.

Thanks in advance!

Trenloe
March 9th, 2015, 16:27
Another question, sorry if this one is simple as well.

I'm editing NPCs, and I've been putting information into them to get them extremely detailed. As soon as I lock an NPC (any NPC) I get this.

'Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:38: attempt to index field 'subwindow' (a nil value)'

Any thoughts?
There's an error in the code - open the "Other" tab if you get this error and try re-locking again.

This is seriously debilitating my ability to use the module, and I love it dearly.
The error isn't actually stopping anything from working. You can still use an NPC even if they aren't locked. The lock is just to stop accidental changes during use - there is nothing in this ruleset that changes when an NPC is locked/unlocked, it operates the same.

sciencephile
March 10th, 2015, 07:10
Thanks Trenloe for being on the ball here. I am not as active due to a busy work schedule.

Taking a quick look, it looks like line 38 of npc.lua has to do with vehicles, a feature that Paul Pratt added (the Other tab). If you still consistently experience this, I would try sending a private message to Paul.

That is ... if you are using the 1st edition ruleset.

If you are using the 2nd edition ruleset that radekg added, I would private message radekg about this.

I cannot tell where the actual error is coming from as I cannot seem to replicate the problem myself, though to be honest, I am not using radekg's version and I may not have the latest version that Paul created loaded on my system either.

Trenloe
March 10th, 2015, 11:21
I cannot tell where the actual error is coming from as I cannot seem to replicate the problem myself, though to be honest, I am not using radekg's version and I may not have the latest version that Paul created loaded on my system either.
It's an easy fix. The current code for lines 37-39 is:

if notes.subwindow then
vehicle.subwindow.update();
end
This is checking for presence of the notes subwindow, it should check for the vehicle subwindow, that is:

if vehicle.subwindow then
vehicle.subwindow.update();
end
This one change will remove the error and fixes the issue.

Blue Haven
March 17th, 2015, 21:25
Any new update on this beauty??

Sorry i just forgot...this version is for DH 2nd edition right??

sciencephile
March 18th, 2015, 04:00
No update yet ... I will contact Paul to see if he wants to make the update or if I should (he touched it last).

This is not for 2nd edition, though radekg uploaded a version of this with 2nd edition material in it.

Blue Haven
March 18th, 2015, 18:16
Ohh ok ok no problem :)

sciencephile
March 21st, 2015, 23:00
I updated the ruleset (see first post). Problem should be fixed now.

Blue Haven
March 26th, 2015, 21:19
Thank you one more time for this :)

JamesManhattan
July 15th, 2015, 22:34
Does anyone have a Library Module for Dark Heresy they could share with me? Like PM me. Maybe we could set up our own wiki or outside website to keep stuff like this. Since it is not allowed on the fantasy grounds site.

I'm halfway through translating a Spanish language - Star Wars Saga edition Library module I could share when done. It's huge! all the expansions.

damned
July 16th, 2015, 07:11
Does anyone have a Library Module for Dark Heresy they could share with me? Like PM me. Maybe we could set up our own wiki or outside website to keep stuff like this. Since it is not allowed on the fantasy grounds site.

I'm halfway through translating a Spanish language - Star Wars Saga edition Library module I could share when done. It's huge! all the expansions.

Not allowed.... full stop. Copyright law prevents you from sharing this data with anyone else...

Blue Haven
July 26th, 2015, 20:19
Long time without any update...anything new or no more to improve beside the visual part...?

Morbid-Don
July 31st, 2015, 16:07
I wish Fantasy Flight Games would stop fronting and get with the program - heck WOTC got smart and look 5E officialness now supported! If I was a programer I would do it for them just to show them up - yeah I said it

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2015, 23:01
I wish Fantasy Flight Games would stop fronting and get with the program
The problem is that FFG don't own *all* of the rights to these - Games Workshop do. FFG have specific rights to produce a pen-and-paper RPG - not a digital version of that game (which is what VTTs are viewed as by company lawyers at this time). FFG would have to take out another licence to be able to provide this type of support - as much as we'd like it to happen, it probably wouldn't be a too lucrative add on (compared to the cost of the licence) for FFG.

Morbid-Don
August 4th, 2015, 17:47
Howdy and or Hail!

I've been trying to populate my character sheets skill section (as per earlier on this forum) "DataCommon.skilldata in the 3.5E ruleset code."

Moon Wizard suggested on this forum to look there - albiet the 3.5 PAK doesnt contain that file anyloner I suspect - thus I am at a loss as to how or where to begin; granted I did see that the Scripts>data_common.lua file does contain all the skills and their related characteristics defined in the PAK file supplied herein on this forum for Dark Heresy.

If this is too controversial to explain here - please send me a private message then and I will keep the response private and not post the answer on the forum.

Head Hurts

MorbidDon

Trenloe
August 4th, 2015, 18:07
I've been trying to populate my character sheets skill section (as per earlier on this forum) "DataCommon.skilldata in the 3.5E ruleset code."

Moon Wizard suggested on this forum to look there - albiet the 3.5 PAK doesnt contain that file anyloner I suspect - thus I am at a loss as to how or where to begin
Moon Wizard was mentioning the 3.5E ruleset as an example. DataCommon.skilldata is still present in the 3.5E ruleset - look in scripts\data_common.lua.

As it happens, the WH40KDarkHerasy ruleset does handle skills the same way, so you're best just looking at the same script/table in the WH40KDarkHerasy ruleset for the base skills selection.

However, it doesn't look like there's any code that populates the skills in the WH40KDarkHerasy ruleset. For an example of how to do this, look at the 3.5E ruleset, campaign\scripts\char_skilllist.lua, constructDefaultSkills() function. This steps through DataCommon.skilldata and creates all of the skill entries (new windows within the skill windowlist).

Morbid-Don
August 4th, 2015, 18:30
My understanding is;

Take the file "char_skilllist.lua" from 3.5 PAK then save it to the same folder in the DH-PAK?

I am literally "feeling" my way around this issue - I might hire a programmer to figure this out for me if I cant

MorbidDon

Morbid-Don
August 4th, 2015, 18:35
This is the data_common.lua file from the Dark Heresy PAK:

https://www.wurkhaus.com/fantasygrounds/data_common.lua

So as I mentioned before (I do see the skills in there) - just dont know how to get them to auto-fill inside of the Character sheet?

Morbid

P.S. Trenloe - i'd be willing to pay for you to update my files (paypal)

Please Advise

Trenloe
August 4th, 2015, 18:38
Take the file "char_skilllist.lua" from 3.5 PAK then save it to the same folder in the DH-PAK?
That won't work. It's going to need code specific to the WH40K ruleset, taking the 3.5E code as an example and building on it.

I'm too busy with other coding project to help out. (I wouldn't take payment for providing more community ruleset functionality either).

Morbid-Don
August 4th, 2015, 19:07
Is there anyone here on the Forum interested in helping me out for some cash - I've got a paypal account; lets get it done - Morbid

Paul Pratt
August 5th, 2015, 07:58
Guys have a much more full featured Dark Heresy 1.0 version. It may need a few updates for the latest FFG changes, but it has re-worked skills, a different weapons layout, and some other items I started a while back. I can post it if there is interest. I haven't worked on it at all to move it towards DH 2.0 though.

Morbid-Don
August 5th, 2015, 16:07
I'd like to take a look at your DH ruleset - so I can learn & the compare code - I think the insight it could provide would be great.

Otherwise for the establishment - not for nothing but FG needs a Ruleset Editor for those who don't know how to code nor wish to learn (prerequisite - you need to code to play it your way = wingo Fing go)

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 16:22
Otherwise for the establishment - not for nothing but FG needs a Ruleset Editor for those who don't know how to code nor wish to learn (prerequisite - you need to code to play it your way = wingo Fing go)
This is pretty high up in the wishlist, but when a crowd funding project was ran for a third-party developer to produce such a ruleset it didn't fund. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19549-New-project-Ruleset-wizard

Paul Pratt
August 5th, 2015, 16:59
This version has several changes and WILL NOT be compatible with an existing game. I brought it more in line with CoreRPG and when I fired it up last night after 6+ months away, it worked fine. I didn't note any errors. If there are, let me know.

I can't stress enough to not open this in an existing campaign, your characters, items, and NPC's will be changed.

Sciencephile, I am not sure you want to post this version, check it out, you own the thread, if you like and decide to post it at the top of the thread, please warn users that this version is not compatible with existing campaigns.

Morbid-Don
August 5th, 2015, 17:13
I will give your version of the ruleset a go - though I still don't see the skill's section populated with the skills that are in the game - at this point I'm willing to just fill out 1 Character Sheet and have it used as the Player's Starting TEMPLATE - for Character Generation - I cant believe how difficult it is to just populate the skill's section - heck Ive even offered $ for someone to code it for me, to no avail (and XML its supposed to be easy, right lol)

Paul Pratt
August 5th, 2015, 17:19
Morbid-Don,

I have the ground work for a skills list in the data_common.lua There is the basic list with the attribute it is tied too. However, to use it, the skills tab of the PC and NPC would have to be reworked, and the skill scripts would have to be reworked. In speaking with several players and my own group we decided to leave them as fill in's and have the ability to toggle the attribute to roll against finding it more useful. It is extensive work. An easier way would be for you to create a library for skills, that way players could drop the skills into the tab and they would populate. Creating a library with the correct references is simpler I would think. The library would only work with the version you are running. The base file at the top of the thread versus the file I just posted- any created libraries for one, would need to be altered to work for the other.

Trenloe
August 5th, 2015, 17:20
heck Ive even offered $ for someone to code it for me, to no avail
I wouldn't say no response in less than 24 hours is to no avail - you might get someone soon. Then again, you might not... ;)

Morbid-Don
August 5th, 2015, 17:32
I think the library is the best way to go too! I will work on populating mine today! I wanana support FG so it can become better - send me a link to any KickStarter campaigns that go down - and I will be there to support - Stay GAMING all

Morbid

Paul Pratt
August 6th, 2015, 01:26
Another caution I have against populating the basic skills from the rule book is copyright. If it is populated is that and issue to use the names of the skills that come in the DH 1.0 rulebook? Looking into it, it might not be that difficult to do, no reason to add the advanced skill, unless a player buys them they can roll on them. But the basic skills would be an improvement.

I just don't want to step on toes ...thoughts?

damned
August 6th, 2015, 02:18
Another caution I have against populating the basic skills from the rule book is copyright. If it is populated is that and issue to use the names of the skills that come in the DH 1.0 rulebook? Looking into it, it might not be that difficult to do, no reason to add the advanced skill, unless a player buys them they can roll on them. But the basic skills would be an improvement.

I just don't want to step on toes ...thoughts?

Without any knowledge of what the skills are here are some examples to consider -

In the world of D&D the following spells (at least their names) would be copyright -
Bigby's Clenched Fist
Bigby's Crushing Hand
Bigby's Forceful Hand
Mordenkainen's faithful hound
Mordenkainen's magnificent mansion
Mordenkainen's sword

but the following spells (at least their names) could not be copyrighted -
Sleep
Lightning
Charm Person
Light
Fireball
Summon Familiar

If your skill names are quite generic - and you dont include verbatim descriptions you should comply with copyright laws.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2015, 05:25
Another caution I have against populating the basic skills from the rule book is copyright.
As damned says, generic skill names are fine - just don't include the descriptions.

In the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset I use the skill name (this being classed as game mechanics which aren't covered by US copyright laws) but for the descriptions I simply refer to the page number of the rulebook (descriptive text is covered by copyright laws). Even rewriting descriptions to get the same information across can be encroaching on copyright.

Morbid-Don
August 6th, 2015, 15:41
I created / exported a Character Sheet "template" with all the skills loaded + full descriptions for each...

For those who dont know how - try this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKVdZ8j0e24

After importing it back into FG - you can keep importing the same XML file - thus creating new "template slots" in which for your players to claim during character creation... This was the easiest solution to this issue (I have nothing constructive to say about Gamesworkshops precious licensing)

Unahim
August 13th, 2015, 14:09
What part of the ruleset would I have to edit to change the list of actions in the reference sheet at the end? I'm playing Only War and the ruleset works fine for the most part, but I'd like to have the correct actions listed there.

edit: My bad, my searching finally bore fruit just after I posted this, ignore me.

Mask_of_winter
August 13th, 2015, 14:19
There's a ruleset for it: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Warhammer_40K:_Only_War

JamesManhattan
August 13th, 2015, 15:48
What part of the ruleset would I have to edit to change the list of actions in the reference sheet at the end? I'm playing Only War and the ruleset works fine for the most part, but I'd like to have the correct actions listed there.

edit: My bad, my searching finally bore fruit just after I posted this, ignore me.

In windows.
Take the ruleset which ends in extension .pak and rename it to .zip. Then double click the zip file and navigate to Dark_Heresy.zip\campaign\record_char_ref.xml and copy that file out to another folder so you can edit it. Open it using notepad or text editor. Scroll down and you'll see under the heading ref10_label the actions such Full Auto Burst, and it says Full Action. You can change Full Action to say Half Action. Make all your changes and save it. Then copy that edited file, open up the zip in windows, and paste it into the Dark_Heresy.zip\campaign\ folder and it will zip it and overwrite the xml file in the ruleset. Then you can rename the .zip back to .pak

Unahim
August 22nd, 2015, 12:45
I keep getting players whose weapon tabs get "corrupted", the ranged and melee weapon details appearing at the same time with the error:
"Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/weapon_utility.lua"]: 33 attempt to index a nil value

Sometimes it goes away after deleting all weapons on that character, but usually it seems to linger on those characters like a disease, corrupting all of their weapons from there on.

Nylanfs
August 22nd, 2015, 21:54
Make sure that everyone is using the same version of FG

Trenloe
August 24th, 2015, 16:51
I keep getting players whose weapon tabs get "corrupted", the ranged and melee weapon details appearing at the same time with the error:
"Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/weapon_utility.lua"]: 33 attempt to index a nil value
Does the GM see the same errors if they open up the character sheet weapons in question?

Paul Pratt
August 25th, 2015, 00:26
Are you using the rule set version where the weapons can collapse, or the version where each entry is static?

RevenantBob
October 7th, 2015, 15:42
Pardon my ignorance, but does this ruleset work for Second Edition?

Morbid-Don
October 7th, 2015, 15:47
Nooooooooo that'd just be too cool for FG LMFAO

RevenantBob
October 7th, 2015, 16:09

To clarify my question, I meant, Second Edition Dark Heresy, not 2.0 FG.

Morbid-Don
October 7th, 2015, 16:12
Yes Fantasy Grounds is too cool for Second Edition DH LOL

radekg
October 7th, 2015, 17:08

Late last year, I modified ruleset to fit 2nd edition.

My post is here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20048-Warhammer-40K-Dark-Heresy-Ruleset-for-FG-3-0-Created&p=197033&viewfull=1#post197033 . Don't expect miracles though. List of changes is couple of posts earlier. I was thinking about starting new thread with modified ruleset for 2nd edition but as I lost interest in this system I won't maintain it. :/

All the best!
Radek.

Blue Haven
February 20th, 2016, 21:42
Any news for this ruleset? or its finished...?
Thanks

Xydonus
April 2nd, 2016, 11:31
Just like to say thank you to those who have contributed to this ruleset - I'm not playing Dark Heresy 40k, but I am playing 2nd edition WFRP Fantasy Roleplay and this ruleset is perfect for my needs, and certainly a nice upgrade to the old decrepit version I was using before. With a bit of xml editing I've been able to remove all of the 40k references and change them to fantasy ones, and am currently using Paul Pratt's version.

My players are certainly looking forward to trying out the new ruleset.

Cheers!

cutlass
April 2nd, 2016, 13:24
I'm very interested to see what you have done with it as I'd love to gm WFRP2 in FG, If possible, could you send your stuff to me Xydonus?

[email protected]

Xydonus
April 2nd, 2016, 13:35
I'm very interested to see what you have done with it as I'd love to gm WFRP2 in FG, If possible, could you send your stuff to me Xydonus?

[email protected]

Will do. Soon as I have the skills/talents done, I'll send you the file. Should be done in a day or so.

cutlass
April 2nd, 2016, 17:04
Super, looking forward to it.

Xydonus
April 3rd, 2016, 13:54
Sent.

Blue Haven
April 9th, 2016, 22:20
Sorry to ask but can you send me that one too??
Thanks i really wanted a wfrp 2nd updated ruleset :)

sciencephile
April 19th, 2016, 18:53
Thanks to all who have contributed to the WH40k ruleset. I found that ShotGun Jolly has done a great job with Deathwatch and Only War.

There seems to be a second edition conversion of my original Dark Heresy ruleset but I cannot get it to load. When I download it and put it into my ruleset folder, the option for a dark heresy game does not appear.

Is the 2nd edition ruleset broken or am I missing something?

SovietOnion
May 6th, 2016, 04:44
Hey there, I'm running into a similar problem posted earlier.

I'm having an issue assigning weapons to my PCs, with melee and ranged weapon loadouts appearing overtop each other, and this remains a problem even after clearing the PC's inventory and restarting the program. We are all using the same version of FG, and the same version of the rules set. Any help?

Also, second question, any stable way to change the grid distances from 5 meters to 3?

Paul Pratt
June 5th, 2016, 07:11
SovietOnion,

The issue is normally in the "class" box. Players need to fill this in as one of these values based on the weapon:
Melee Weapons: Primitive, Chain, Power, Shock, or simply Melee
Ranged Weapons:Pistol, Basic, Heavy, Grenade, Thrown or simply Ranged

Any other values will error. The start of the thread is also a basic ruleset users guide that should cover this also.

Rook
June 11th, 2016, 14:41
I've been tinkering around with my reference module that I'm creating for my DH campaign using the Dark Heresy v3.2 ruleset by Danny & Paul (under the CoreRPG v3.1.7) - and I'm nearly complete.

The minor problem right now is my drag & drop from my reference module to the character sheet. I thought I'd start with an "easy" task and try to do the Talents. I've attached a code sample to see if anyone would like to comment as to how ignorant I am. I've used this format after reviewing an export character. When I drag and drop nothing happens.

<talents>
<id-00002>
<benefit type="string">this is talent description</benefit>
<locked type="number">0</locked>
<name type="string">this is talent name</name>
<shortcut type="windowreference">
<class>ref_talent</class>
<recordname></recordname>
</shortcut>
</id-00002>
</talents>

I'm reviewing past forum posts now - hoping to come across someone with a similar problem.

My work-around right now is to just fill in a character template with all the talent entries so that the player doesn't have to spend the time to type it in. This activity so "OK" but I would like to take it a little bit further with a drag and drop.

Anyways..., thanks for reading.

Rook

Paul Pratt
June 12th, 2016, 03:47
Rook,

There is a specific way you would need to build a reference module. There are several pretty good examples of how to build one. The basics are to understand the way the rule set references the different fields in the shortcuts.

Here is an example of how a talent would need to be called out:

There is a header I don't remember the exact format, but I know this works:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<root version="2.0">
Then start building the module data. First you have to build the library links:
<root>
<library static="true">
<nameofyourmodule>
<name type="string"> Name of your module </name>
<categoryname type="string">WH40k Dark Heresy</categoryname> <-- This is needed as is to point to the correct ruleset
<entries>
<character_talents>
<librarylink type="windowreference">
<class>referenceindex</class>
<recordname>lists.talents@Name of your module</recordname>
</librarylink>
<name type="string">Character - Talents</name>
</character_talents>
</entries>
</nameofyourmodule>
</library>
Then the actual talent description list:
<reference static="true">
<talents>
<nameoftalent>
<name type="string">Name of Talent</name>
<type type="string">Type of talent here (General for instance)</type>
<prerequisites type="string"> What is required here </prerequisites>
<description type="formattedtext">
<p>
Talent description
</p>
<p>
2nd paragraph, just keep formatting as needed.
</p>
</description>
</nameoftalent>
</talents>
</reference>
Then finally the index list:
<lists static="true">
<talents>
<name type="string">Talents</name>
<index>
<nameoftalent>
<listlink type="windowreference">
<class>referencetalent</class>
<recordname>reference.talents.nameoftalent@Dark Heresy Basic Rules</recordname>
</listlink>
<name type="string">Name of Talent</name>
</nameoftalent>
</index>
</talents>
</lists>

</root>

Paul Pratt
June 12th, 2016, 03:50
Wow, that is a wall of text. I wonder if the 5e parser could be configured to DH? That is the format. You could do that for skills too.

Paul Pratt
June 13th, 2016, 04:32
Guys, I am working on updating the Dark Heresy rule set for the coming FFG v3.2. There are some changes in v3.2 that need to be worked in. I have a version working with 3.2 now, and have started to work on a graphics update. This is extensive. Attached is a screen shot of the new typical window.

Few notes, the search field will change that is a placeholder currently. The two white eagles at the top of the window will have a "message of the day" quote there in the final version. Coming up with a script to cycle thru a batch of random quotes. The red button is the frames will change also. Not sure what to yet, but they are unfinished. Work in progress, comments appreciated.

Rook
June 14th, 2016, 01:02
Nice touch using the data-slate 71.RT...., made me smile ��. And the addition of a random message of the day will be great, it reminds me of the 1st DOW start screen.

In summary, that layout looks great. It will add to a great atmosphere for the ruleset. Can't wait to try it out.

"An idol mind is a dangerous mind"

Rook

Ramid
June 29th, 2016, 09:37
sorry for the stupid question is this ruleset for Dark heresy version 1 or 2 ?

and is there a working v2 ruleset out there.

viresanimi
June 29th, 2016, 11:00
Have a look here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Warhammer_40K:_Dark_Heresy

Hope this is what you want.

Vires Animi

sciencephile
June 29th, 2016, 17:19
It is for Dark Heresy version 1. I understand that someone has modded this for v.2 but I have not seen it myself.

Paul Pratt
June 30th, 2016, 01:41
Currently I am updating the DH v1. After that is complete, I will be work on a DH v2. There isn't too much different. I have a bit of skill work to do, and a revamp of the psychic page. Subtlety track will be added also.

Blue Haven
August 5th, 2016, 19:32
Any news of the update friend?

Paul Pratt
August 13th, 2016, 02:39
Dark Heresy is ready to go. Just waiting on FG 3.2 to go live.

damned
August 13th, 2016, 02:48
Hey Paul Pratt are you still having any issues with Notes?

Brandon Sparks
August 14th, 2016, 09:26
I would love to see a Tyranids update to this but great work! i absolutely love this!

Paul Pratt
August 16th, 2016, 16:12
Yes Damned,

Notes is still an issue in CoreRPG.

Himmelschrei
August 17th, 2016, 19:33
When is FG 3.2 coming out? I'm really eager for this ruleset to be released.. Thanks a lot for the effort!

Paul Pratt
August 17th, 2016, 22:29
Himmelschrei,

I am not sure when FG 3.2 will be out. I am waiting myself. This is Dark Heresy version 1 by the way.

Himmelschrei
August 18th, 2016, 00:02
Yeah, I know. I haven't played DH for quite a while so when looking into it for a campaign, I decided to stick to the one I recall... Don't know whether the changes in the new one would make up for the change, though. Definitely not without the corresponding ruleset for FG, that's for sure :D

Paul Pratt
August 25th, 2016, 06:16
Version of Dark Heresy v1 for FG 3.2 is ready for when 3.2 goes live. Added features to the Psychic frame, changed the graphics, and improved the party sheet. An updated rule set guide is ready to go, and I will psot some tutorial videos to youtube when 3.2 goes live.

Here are some screen shots of the rule set.

Blue Haven
August 27th, 2016, 21:01
Amazing job as always friend :)
Can't wait :)

Blue Haven
October 21st, 2016, 23:02
Version of Dark Heresy v1 for FG 3.2 is ready for when 3.2 goes live. Added features to the Psychic frame, changed the graphics, and improved the party sheet. An updated rule set guide is ready to go, and I will psot some tutorial videos to youtube when 3.2 goes live.

Here are some screen shots of the rule set.

Check your messages friend ;)
Big Hugs

Xydonus
November 2nd, 2016, 01:37
Yeah the Dark Heresy ruleset is definitely broken with the latest 3.2 update.

Paul Pratt
November 3rd, 2016, 02:37
I am posting a new version of DH built for FG3.2 in a new thread.

Lina28011
October 20th, 2018, 11:15
any update?

Trenloe
October 20th, 2018, 12:33
any update?
Welcome to the FG forums.

You'll find the new version ruleset Paul refers to here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40215-40k-Multiset-Ruleset