PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenario #5–08: The Confirmation 8pm GMT 19/12/2013

hawkwind
December 16th, 2013, 07:57
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for level 1-2.

Almost all Pathfinders undergo extensive training for three or more years to learn the tricks of the trade, and their last test before graduating from the ranks of the initiates to the status of a full Pathfinder agent is the Confirmation, a special research project that involves considerable fieldwork and is designed to simulate the initiates' future work as a Pathfinder. Even the noteworthy field commissioned agents sometimes participate in such trials as a way to familiarize themselves with the Pathfinder Society’s rules and expectations. Although Confirmation is typically an individual affair, the society recently discovered a site on the Isle of Kortos that would be perfect for initiates but perhaps too dangerous to handle alone. Successfully uncovering this site’s secrets will not only contribute to the society’s body of knowledge but shape the exciting careers ahead for each of the prospective agents.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1132

a chance to try out some of the new classes!

I will try an run this in one session

Lord Kavos
December 16th, 2013, 10:52
Im in Hawkwind...

Have a 1st level cleric of Calistria to try out...she's a CN dominatrix, focusing on enchantment effects & not much of a physical combatant herself (but should be able to manipulate other PCs into protecting her).

On a side note she channels positive energy thanks to a near death experience as a child, and while at first she considered it frustrating to be able to heal instead of harm, she realised it enabled her to really hurt her customers without leaving permanant injuries...

Should be fun to roleplay....at least im hoping so :)

Player Name: Andrew Cowan
PC Name: Kayliss Darkheart
PFS# 84414-2
Starting Gold: 105gp
Faction: Sczarni

hawkwind
December 16th, 2013, 11:17
should get loads of potential players with her playing

Malkavian_Andi
December 16th, 2013, 12:11
I'm definitely in, still have to make up my mind which character I'll play. Maybe I'll create a new one, just got an Undine boon this weekend :)

Trueshots
December 16th, 2013, 16:01
Hawk youre killing me, I need this game to be on mon, tues or wed :( I'm thirsting for a game LOL!!!

hawkwind
December 16th, 2013, 20:22
Hawk youre killing me, I need this game to be on mon, tues or wed :( I'm thirsting for a game LOL!!!

Sorry mate, Thursday is my only free night this week

Trueshots
December 16th, 2013, 20:36
Sorry mate, Thursday is my only free night this week

I understand, I have a scheduled campaign at 6pm est. any hopes that you would finish game in 3 hours :). That's a long shot isn't it lol!

hawkwind
December 17th, 2013, 06:17
Normally iv would say yes but I want to do this in one go and was planning on for hours. This scenario gives the GM an unprecedented degree of options on how to run the game

hawkwind
December 17th, 2013, 10:48
dubeluteaeff if you want to play you have got to post your stuff, if you are not sure how to there are plenty of people who will help

hawkwind
December 17th, 2013, 20:34
I have just upgraded to version 3 of fantasy grounds, I suspect it would be a good idea for other players to do the same

Malkavian_Andi
December 18th, 2013, 11:06
I finallly decided which character to play. I did create a new one, but I didn't use my Undine boon on this one.

Malkavian_Andi
December 18th, 2013, 18:22
I made some minor changes. Here's the updated XML.

hawkwind
December 19th, 2013, 08:42
saul says he is playing tonight . i will have the server up at about 5pm gmt and i will publish the server short alias and team speak details then for Lord Kavos

hawkwind
December 19th, 2013, 08:47
don't forget to upgrade tp fg3 before logging on

Lord Kavos
December 19th, 2013, 09:17
Cheers hawkwind

Malkavian_Andi
December 19th, 2013, 13:46
Just upgraded to FG3.
And I noticed 3.5E adn PFRPG have been seperated, all my characters are in the 3.5E folder. Unless someone knows a quick way to convert them, there'll be some work to do creating them all in the PFRPG folder :P

See you all tonight :)

Lord Kavos
December 19th, 2013, 14:21
I found the same problem... Check out this thread where trenloe proposed a fix...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20054-issues-with-adding-PCs-to-Manage-Characters-PFRPG

Malkavian_Andi
December 19th, 2013, 15:23
Thanks for the link. That saves a lot of work :)

hawkwind
December 19th, 2013, 16:27
hope the changes and "improvements" are worth all the hassle server going up in five mins. I prepped the scenario last night and then i realised i had done it all for the 3.5 ruleset! extra half hour wasted of my precious free time
any way server stuff is smelly gate scrawny monk

team speak password is Dungeoneers on voice.fg-con.com

Trueshots
December 19th, 2013, 17:18
Hawk I can play to help you fill out your table but I can only play for 3 hours. I have a game that starts at 6pm est. Just let me know, Thanks.

hawkwind
December 19th, 2013, 17:34
your welcome, if you do three encounters (you will) you will get a sheet, post your character here, make it a new one!

Trueshots
December 19th, 2013, 18:04
i have a toon leveling to 2 can I use him? I thought the scenario was for levels 1-2? If not I can work on something different. Thanks

hawkwind
December 19th, 2013, 18:38
Everyone else is playing new characters, mainly fighters but if you really want to you can

Trueshots
December 19th, 2013, 18:43
Everyone else is playing new characters, mainly fighters but if you really want to you can
Ok, I'll see if I can get one made but dont know if I'll have the time before the game. I will most likely need to go with this level 2. Thanks!

I'll upload it in a little bit, there was an error with my last chronicle and I'm getting the GM to fix it. Thanks!

Malkavian_Andi
December 19th, 2013, 23:32
Thanks for the game.
Here's my character's data for the chronicle:

Name: Wakko Warner
Player: Andreas Forster
PFS-#: 42939-18
chronicle #: 1

Starting XP: 0
Starting Prestige/Fame: 0
Starting gold: 1

Purchases:
- Sell compass for 10 gp
- Buy Wayfinder for 250 gp
- Buy bear trap for 2 gp
- Gain Hunting Lodge membership for 2 PP (assuming we got 2 PP from the scenario)

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 06:29
Hawk my PFS# for Tsunami-Lotus is 71518-5

I had 20 gold at start of game

I am buying nothing

I am using 2pp for a Cure Light Wounds Wand

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 06:31

Did anyone other than me fall out of their seats when they saw the above bolded information :) LOL Andreas, save some of PFS for the rest of us :)!!!!

hawkwind
December 20th, 2013, 07:12
Due to the breaking news on what is a legal chronicle sheet they may be a little while in coming. I will create a digital version of the official sheet in the pdf and players will have to fill out this own sheets and I will then sign them

Malkavian_Andi
December 20th, 2013, 11:10
Did anyone other than me fall out of their seats when they saw the above bolded information :) LOL Andreas, save some of PFS for the rest of us :) !!!!Actually, I only have 16 PFS characters. Two numbers are missing in between. Two of my characters don't have any chronicles (one of them is #1. Yep, never played the first PFS character I created.), two others (Wakko being one of them) have 1 chronicle, others still only have a set of First Steps chroncles.
So it's a lot of concepts that could be fun to play but didn't get evolved much.

9 of my characters are level 3+, 5 of those are higher than level 3.

hawkwind
December 20th, 2013, 11:34
Here is a chronicle sheet, its taken me all morning to do so you are going to have fill in your own stuff and repost, I will check and sign and password protect the sheet so you can't alter it

Lord Kavos
December 20th, 2013, 12:05
Hawkwind,

Adobe wont let me save the chronicle completed - will only let me save a blank copy.

Also, noticed you have put 2 xp earned on the sheet - is that right???

Lord Kavos
December 20th, 2013, 12:06
Hawkwind,

Adobe wont let me save the chronicle completed - will only let me save a blank copy.

Also, noticed you have put 2 xp earned on the sheet - is that right???

hawkwind
December 20th, 2013, 13:08
my mistake i'll change it to 1xp,

I just tried it acrobat reader X! and it saves fine on my machine, what version are you using?

Malkavian_Andi
December 20th, 2013, 13:25
I have the same problem. Also, it seems I can't fill out some of the info (PFS # and faction).

If you are able to digitally put your signature on a jpg (should work if it's just another jpg you insert), here's my unsigned chronicle as a jpg (just copied it from the scenario pdf).

hawkwind
December 20th, 2013, 15:24
attached is a scan of a blank chronicle sheet with the event details and and my signature on it, feel free to print it out and hand write your details on and then scan it for your next online game. Unless a legal editable pdf based Chronicle sheet becomes available very soon I am going to have to give serious thought on whether I want to run society games any more

hawkwind
December 20th, 2013, 15:38
just seen WVpolars last post so here is nothr attempt at a fillable pdf using PDFescape.com, if you don't like hoe i have made the boxes you can do your own with the last file I posted by loading it into the editor at pdfscape.com

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 20:13
Hawk that PDF looks good you gotta tell me how you did it!!! By the way I filled my out but i left a few mins early and didn't get to make a day job roll so I logged on my server and rolled 1x. I took a screenshot for you to verify. If this isn't good enough let me know, or you can roll for me (my profession is +6). Thanks

EDIT: Hawk I upload the PDF again using the hand signed one you made. I was posting when you posted and missed it.

hawkwind
December 21st, 2013, 08:23
I used an website called pdf escape. Com

Ksathra
December 22nd, 2013, 01:52
From what I read this is Thrusday game and its entry level for PFS, I've never played PFS before, still trying to figure everything out, would you happen to have an opening, seems like Trushot and andi are everywhere :P

Trueshots
December 22nd, 2013, 02:38
From what I read this is Thrusday game and its entry level for PFS, I've never played PFS before, still trying to figure everything out, would you happen to have an opening, seems like Trushot and andi are everywhere :P

Yea we played this game on thursday its not an ongoing game. All PFS games are basically one shot games that last 4-5 hours a piece. There are a few exceptions to that rule.

I suggest subscribing to this THREAD (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates/page16). It will alert you to any PFS game being played on FG.

I would also suggest Reading THIS (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Guide-to-Pathfinder-Society-Organized-Play). Its a free download that will tell you about Society rules.

This free guide will help you with character creation. HERE (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8qev?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Beginner-Box-Pathfinder-Society-Character-Creation-Guide)

And if you like it after you read all that I suggest THIS (https://paizo.com/products/btpy8mfq?Pathfinder-Campaign-Setting-Pathfinder-Society-Field-Guide)

But you will have to have a Society ID # before you play, to sign up and receive your number go HERE (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety)

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2013, 02:39
Read this sticky thread for an intro to PFS on FG for players: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29

Trueshots
December 22nd, 2013, 02:44
Read this sticky thread for an intro to PFS on FG for players: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29

Or that LOL

Ksathra
December 22nd, 2013, 03:09
yeah, noticed it was a one off game, which I did not think was true about most PFS things. I've been going through the paizo's PDF books on PFS, thanks for the links though

hawkwind
December 22nd, 2013, 05:49
I'm sure this adventure will be run quite a few times in the not too distant future

ShaneConvey
January 2nd, 2014, 22:55
Hawkwind, I have sent the chronicle sheet back you using Echosign on the Adobe Acrobat reader, I cant save it until you sign it and email it back i believe. cheers

Trueshots
January 3rd, 2014, 02:23
Hawk posted already signed chronicles for us in a previous post. All you need to do is download it and fill it in. No need to send it back to him. Hope this helps!

ShaneConvey
January 6th, 2014, 21:14
Hawk posted already signed chronicles for us in a previous post. All you need to do is download it and fill it in. No need to send it back to him. Hope this helps!

Its does, thanks. However, I am still unable to save the file with my information input on it.... not sure what is happening. I am using the latest Adobe :(

ShaneConvey
January 6th, 2014, 21:17
dont worry, seen the previous posts about it having to be a legal PDF now... gotta say, if this is going to be 'Norm' when trying to get things done, i think I will be giving PFS a skip...!!

Trueshots
January 6th, 2014, 22:50
i think I will be giving PFS a skip...!!

Actually that will be the norm for players it appears :(

Trueshots
January 6th, 2014, 22:54
Its does, thanks. However, I am still unable to save the file with my information input on it.... not sure what is happening. I am using the latest Adobe :(

What i've been doing is when GM post it, i just take a Snip of the PDF with the Snipping tool. That makes it a jpeg file. Then i edit it in paint and save it as my chronicle.

Trenloe
January 7th, 2014, 03:59
Can you detail the steps you are following?

hawkwind
January 14th, 2014, 17:21
mispost

Trueshots
January 14th, 2014, 17:47
When do we play again?