PDA

View Full Version : *PFS Wednesday 11/12/13 8PM GMT - 2-17 Exiles Of Winter (Shades of Ice Pt 2)

Lord Kavos
December 8th, 2013, 04:13
*PFS Wednesday 11/12/13 8PM GMT - 2-17 Exiles Of Winter

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1-2 and 4-5).

Following the trail of the insidious Shadow Lodge from Trollheim to the icebound city of Whitethrone in the witch-ruled nation of Irrisen, the PCs must locate the hidden lodge of their contact’s kidnapper. Can they get past the city’s defenses, infiltrate the Shadow Lodge headquarters and rescue the Pathfinder Society’s valuable ally, or will they—like so many before them—find their bones ground to make Baba Yaga’s bread?

Exiles of Winter is part two of the three-part Shades of Ice campaign arc. It follows Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-15: Shades of Ice—Part I: Written in Blood and concludes in Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-19: Shades of Ice—Part III: Keep of the Huscarl King. All three scenarios are intended to be played in order.

Written by Joshua J. Frost.

Preference will be given to players who played part 1 with me last week.

Post your xml & chronicle sheets on this thread.

Calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1121

FG Server alias: oily gate scrawny grave
Ultimate Licence holder

Voice Client: TeamSpeak3
Voice server address: fgts.servegame.com:9152
Password: Dungeoneers

Lord Kavos
December 8th, 2013, 04:22
let me know if you want to go with the faction missions again or if you felt it slowed down the last game too much...

ATyger
December 8th, 2013, 07:07
Faction missions were fine. I had fun trying to rope another into helping me complete mine, but had no way to expand (build issue, NOT an issue with you) on it. I'll be switching from fighter to barbarian or perhaps attempting a swashbuckler, to get some more beta testing in before the deadline. I'll let you know before we settle in. (Before Wednesday.)

ATyger
December 8th, 2013, 08:19
Sorry, backing out. My wife is getting her orders so we're going to spend X-mas in NY/Ohio with our families before she ships. I'm not going to have any free time in the next two weeks. Apologies.

RobG
December 8th, 2013, 09:34
I should be able to make it. Going to use Nuri again. I used her in a convention game yesterday so this'll be her third scenario.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hspbo0dqkqu2p9o/i49L3usOsF

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 14:26
I have a monday game also, Ill post my info after that, I'll be using the same character.

Trueshots
December 9th, 2013, 18:36
I expected more people to show up! but we can 2 man this if needed :)

Lord Kavos
December 10th, 2013, 06:44
Hey guys not looking so good for this adventure at present...need a couple more players. I have prepped & prepared to run at the listed time, so lets wait to see if we pick up any extra players to get us to the legal number.

I wont call off this game just yet, so hopefully there are a few people looking to join us...

ATyger
December 10th, 2013, 09:06
Turn out that I can make it after all. My wife got a respite until Thursday afternoon! We spent all day today packing up in order to leave Friday night, but it's now been pushed to Monday next week. This means I'm in... if you'll have me and excuse my previous time-constraint.

RobG
December 10th, 2013, 10:46
I'm not sure I'll be able to make this game now, got a lot on this week. I'll do my best though.

RobG
December 10th, 2013, 21:38
Hi my wife (Fau) would like to play as well using Fertiti the Conjurer, here's her stuff: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lnuawrybhjyzvfh/aGy9q3XiJ9
I should be able to make it, not sure about my Thursday game though :-/

Lord Kavos
December 10th, 2013, 21:43
Have 4 players now, so looks like we can go ahead if Rob can make it.

So stay tuned

Trueshots
December 10th, 2013, 21:50
I'm trying to get my wife to play but she doesn't do well sitting in same place for 5 hours. So i backhanded her and stuffed her in a closest until she changes her mind. I also tried to get my son to, but video games have ruined role playing games.....and he too received the same backhand and closet treatment.....

Lord Kavos
December 11th, 2013, 03:22
Need files for Cadynce & Sumashi - xml & last chronicle please....

Trueshots
December 11th, 2013, 05:12
Andrew you awake? no clue what time it is over there, think its noon. Anyway I may play another toon for this game been throwing some ideas around one kinda like your sorc build wanted to ask a few question if you were around. Ill jump on TS if you are.

Lord Kavos
December 11th, 2013, 05:44
Andrew you awake? no clue what time it is over there, think its noon. Anyway I may play another toon for this game been throwing some ideas around one kinda like your sorc build wanted to ask a few question if you were around. Ill jump on TS if you are.

im up - its 3.45pm here. On TS now if u want to chat - just prepping for tmrws game

ATyger
December 11th, 2013, 07:03
That should be everything. I did a level 1 refit since the new beta test made my Investigator obsolete, so he's now a Gunslinger. I have his most recent purchases, his most recent Chronicle, as well as an updated XML... should be all we needed.

Lord Kavos
December 11th, 2013, 15:05
just waiting on your PC trueshots...

Trueshots
December 11th, 2013, 18:58
Andrew, I did a complete respect. Heres the info:

Starting Gold: 476
Starting PP 2

Sold: Inquisitor's KIt 30gp
Darkwood Repeating light Xbox 610gp
Xbow Bolts(20) 4gp
Sold Total: 644gp

Bought: Cestus 5gp
Pathfinder's Kit 12gp
Wand of Mage armor (2pp)
Bought Total: 17gp and (2pp)

Name: Piper
XP:2
PFS# 71518-2
GP: 1103
PP:0

Lord Kavos
December 11th, 2013, 19:59
sorry all slept in - firing it all up now

ATyger
December 12th, 2013, 04:54
Is there an eta on chronicle sheets? I only ask because I'll need one for Cadynce before tomorrow @ 7 pm MST. All of his purchases are on the resource sheet I included (since he was a level 1 refit).

I believe we lost an additional 5 gp to the merchant. I will of course be buying an additional 20 paper cartridges at the cost of 120 gp, to replace the ones I used in this adventure.

Trueshots
December 12th, 2013, 05:54
Im not buying anything. you should have all the info you need from my other post. Thanks

RobG
December 12th, 2013, 09:37
Thanks for running this it was really awesome, worth staying up to 3am to finish ;-)

Nuri isn't buying anything but spent 5gp on paying the merchant, so did Fertiti.

Fertiti is buying a Scroll of Glitterdust and True Strike for 175gp, maybe some more scrolls I need to check with her.

Lord Kavos
December 12th, 2013, 10:23
Hi all,

Thanks for playing today - it was good fun, and a good adventure too (although a bit long)...

Thought your party did really well, handling more than the normal number of encounters without the usual meat shield...I like it as a DM when the party has to stretch a bit, and I could hear all of you squirming with worry at least once during the adventure, so my job was successfully done I think :)

And sorry about the late finish Rob - hope you didnt pay too badly for it :)

Dont know if its my DMing style, or that I picked a series of adventures that are unusually long, but thats the 2nd adv i have run that has gone long. I really enjoyed the roleplaying and the planning during the 1st act, so I am reluctant to just skip that stuff just to get the mod done in 4 hours. To me, that is an important part of the game (as important as the combats) - especially when the adventure gives the DM & players the scope to stretch out & enjoy these options, instead of just railroading you through the adventure plot.

I just hope that you all felt the same way, but let me know in future if time is a concern for anyone at the start - I dont know if it will change my style too much, but I am prepared to accomodate players where i can. May have to make sure I start earlier, or even plan games over 2 sessions (but will only do that if there is no other option).

Anyway, here are your unsigned chronicles - please go over them, making sure i got your details, faction & purchases right - in the rush to wrap up I didnt tell you what items were on the chronicle, so make any changes you need before you repost them.

Once they are checked & back up (or you are happy with them as they are), I will sign & repost the finished chronicles.

RobG
December 12th, 2013, 10:51
I wouldn't change your style, I really like the role-playing and problem solving side of the game, it's what makes it more fun than playing wargames (which I do a lot of too).

If I think a scenario looks long I usually say I'll run it over two sessions when I post it. And then check at the start of the game that everyone can make another session and organize it then. If it's not possible to get the same group together again I rush it through. Otherwise we just play at a relaxed pace with plenty of Role-playing happening. 'Tide of Twilight' and 'The Frostfur Captives' both took about 8 hours.

The Pathfinder Society Guide says:

• Play for no more than 5 hours. (Note: home games and
online games do not necessarily have to follow this
restriction, and some conventions may run longer slots.)

So it's not against the rules or anything.

Lord Kavos
December 12th, 2013, 10:53
did you suffer much today Rob?

ATyger
December 12th, 2013, 10:58
Should be everything up to date.

And, I have to say that this was one of the funnest series of games I've gotten to play in a long time. I cannot wait to complete the trilogy with you all.

Trenloe
December 12th, 2013, 11:08
Dont know if its my DMing style, or that I picked a series of adventures that are unusually long, but thats the 2nd adv i have run that has gone long. I really enjoyed the roleplaying and the planning during the 1st act, so I am reluctant to just skip that stuff just to get the mod done in 4 hours.
In my experience games run longer in VTTs in general than in face-to-face games. If you can, I'd recommend scheduling a 5 hour slot for your PFS games in Fantasy Grounds and you may still struggle to finish the game in that time. 4 hours is definitely too short a slot for the majority of PFS scenarios running on Fantasy Grounds. For FG Con 3 we used 5 hour slots for the PFS games.

If you're concerned about finishing within your scheduled time slot then you will have to move things along in certain areas - this is something all PFS GMs have to learn at some point (unless you and your group are happy going over time). Most scenarios have an optional encounter that you will usually have to skip (although I don't think the one you just played had this). I don't know if you used faction missions in this scenario, but not using faction missions can also help to reduce game time a bit.

But, one of the nice things about running a game on Fantasy Grounds is that you're not restricted by time as much as you might be if you were running in a store or at a convention - so you can go over your planned schedule if you want to. :)

Lord Kavos
December 12th, 2013, 11:49
Hi Aaron here is your signed chronicle.

RobG
December 12th, 2013, 11:49
did you suffer much today Rob?

Not so far.. but I'm sure I'll be nodding off around 3pm.

Trueshots
December 12th, 2013, 15:39
Hi Aaron here is your signed chronicle.

Thats not my character :)

Im buying nothing, heres my info again:

PREGAME TRANSACTIONS:

Starting Gold: 476
Starting PP 2

Sold: Inquisitor's KIt 30gp
Darkwood Repeating light Xbox 610gp
Xbow Bolts(20) 4gp
Sold Total: 644gp

Bought: Cestus 5gp
Pathfinder's Kit 12gp
Wand of Mage armor (2pp)
Bought Total: 17gp and (2pp)

Name: Piper
XP:2
PFS# 71518-2
GP: 1103
PP:0

ATyger
December 12th, 2013, 18:58
No... but it was mine.

And Aaron is pretty close to Anthony. :p

Lord Kavos
December 12th, 2013, 20:33
here's yours anthony (i mean Aaron) :)

RobG
December 13th, 2013, 09:37
Fertiti and Nuri's sheets look fine.

Nuri will also get a spring loaded wrist sheath for 5gp, but that can always go on her next chronicle.

Thanks for the game, looking forward to the next one.

Lord Kavos
December 13th, 2013, 10:31
Here are Nuri & Fertiti's sheets Rob.

put the wrist sheath on this one for you.

RobG
December 13th, 2013, 11:30

Trueshots
December 15th, 2013, 04:10
Andrew when did you say you wanted to play part 3? I'm good Sunday night through wed night. I'm out of town Thursday through next Sunday afternoon.

Lord Kavos
December 15th, 2013, 05:55
Rob whats your availability?

RobG
December 15th, 2013, 10:45
I'm busy next Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.
If we could play on Sunday the 22nd that'd be best for us I think, I'm not working Monday so doesn't matter if the game is really long.

Lord Kavos
December 15th, 2013, 11:16
would sunday night work for you trueshots?

Trueshots
December 15th, 2013, 22:41
would sunday night work for you trueshots?

Yup, would be fine I'll be home by 4-5pm est on Sunday