PDA

View Full Version : PFS#0-05 Mist of Mwangi Sunday Dec 8th 2:00 PM EST

Trueshots
December 6th, 2013, 18:54
PFS#0-05 Mist of Mwangi Sunday 8th 2:00 PM EST

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 4–5).

Pathfinder Lugizar Trantos recently returned from the Mwangi Expanse with haunted eyes and a pack full of strange idols. Absalom's famed Blakros Museum purchased his pieces and Lugizar vanished. The strange monkey idols he pulled from the misty jungles of Mwangi carry with them a fell curse, and now their power has laid claim to the museum. Can the Pathfinder Society uncover the source of the curse in time, or will the Blackros Museum be forever lost to the mists of Mwangi?

Written by Nicolas Logue

Session Day and Time and time zone: Sunday, December 8th, 2:00 PM EST
Duration: About 4 hours.
Fantasy Grounds license: Full. You'll need at least a Lite license to play.
Chat type: Teamspeak server fgts.servegame.com:9152, password Dungeoneers
Tiers and subtiers valid for this scenario: tier 1-5, subtiers 1-2 or 4-5.
Server: Scrawny Dungeon Good Dice

NOTE: I'm the "greenest" GM here, anyone that's willing to input on rules and such will be appreciated. Due to my inexperience the game may move slower than normal. Thanks for your anticipated understanding

Sing up on Calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1119

jshauber
December 6th, 2013, 19:22
Completely free tomorrow afternoon, this works.

Trueshots
December 6th, 2013, 19:37
I know its in the middle of the day for us "normal" people but I was trying to accommodate those funny talking people across the Atlantic, you know the ones that talk like James Bond?

jshauber
December 6th, 2013, 20:01
I know its in the middle of the day for us "normal" people but I was trying to accommodate those funny talking people across the Atlantic, you know the ones that talk like James Bond?

Great idea, large player pool and what not.

Lord Kavos
December 6th, 2013, 20:37
Can u put the time in the calendar trueshots so I can see if I can make it?

I think its running at 2am for me, so probably not going to be able to make it.

Trueshots
December 6th, 2013, 23:56
Its 7pm GMT

Trueshots
December 6th, 2013, 23:59
I edited the calendar. I'm a little worried we wont have enough I may put an alt time of Sunday 2pm EST in also to see if that is prefered. Im free both days.

jshauber
December 7th, 2013, 05:30
I edited the calendar. I'm a little worried we wont have enough I may put an alt time of Sunday 2pm EST in also to see if that is prefered. Im free both days.

I can do Sunday since the Bears play Monday night, would prefer Saturday though. Guess we will see what happens.

Lord Kavos
December 7th, 2013, 08:46
i cant do saturday, can do sunday.

Metzik
December 7th, 2013, 14:54
Hi!
I'm one of those from the other side (GMT +1), not talking like James Bond though.
I've never used FG, just looked a bit on the free one, but I'd like to try it out and can play today.
Didn't know what Pathfinder Society was, but I'm reading the guide right now. Can I join with a pregenerated character?
I've played 3.5 and pathfinder as pen and paper a few times.

Trueshots
December 7th, 2013, 16:03
Didn't know what Pathfinder Society was, but I'm reading the guide right now. Can I join with a pregenerated character?
You sure can, if you need help figuring anything out just let us know. There is tons of info on the forums how to navigate FG and how to create a character for PFS play. Please see next POST as times have changed.

Trueshots
December 7th, 2013, 16:07
Guys It doesn't look like we are going to have a legal table in the next couple of hours. I think Lord Kavos and Jshaubur can do Sunday (Hopefully Metzik can do Sunday also)so we will set game for SUNDAY DEC 8th 2:00PM EST. Check the calendar again and make sure you're signed up, Ive adjusted the time there. Thanks

jshauber
December 7th, 2013, 17:29
I can do Sunday so that is cool with me.

Now I have to find things around the house to do the rest of today....

Also, my brother can play on Sunday but is at work now. He will sign up and post his character tonight sometime when he gets home.

Metzik
December 7th, 2013, 17:38
I'm on the other side of the sea, it's a bit too late inte the evening since it's monday and work the day after. Another time maybe.

Trueshots
December 7th, 2013, 19:13
Looks like we have 3 so far hopefully well get at least a 4th by tomorrow. Everyone don't forget to post your XML files and last Chronicles. If you need help please let me know. Thanks!

Lord Kavos
December 8th, 2013, 03:48
I'm in for Sunday trueshots - will post my files when I get a chance.

Lord Kavos
December 8th, 2013, 03:55

Here they are...

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 04:04

Well ur only the second to post files, I'm not feeling great about the success of this at this point. The other 2 players haven't even posted on this post yet so no t sure what's going on.

Lord Kavos
December 8th, 2013, 04:35
cmon guys if you want to play you have to post your files...

wintermute thats the 2nd time you signed up for a game but havent posted anything...you have to post your files to confirm your spot.

jshauber
December 8th, 2013, 06:02
My brother MIGHT have to work tomorrow. He has a character done and can post when he know for sure in the AM.

Sorry for the confusion, he is a nurse and works some odd hours when he is really needed.

Hope we get enough...really want to play tomorrow.

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 06:12
My brother MIGHT have to work tomorrow.

Which person signed up is your brother I'll try and contact the other person. They haven't been on this thread so they have no clue were looking for them.....

Wintermute
December 8th, 2013, 06:18
Sorry for the delay. Here's my character XML. Look forward the game.

Metzik
December 8th, 2013, 13:25
Hi again!
Should have mentioned this earlier. If you can start earlier like noon, 12 pm (which will be 6 pm for me), I'm totally in!

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 14:24
Hi again!
Should have mentioned this earlier. If you can start earlier like noon, 12 pm (which will be 6 pm for me), I'm totally in!

I'd love for you to play but I think changing the time to an earlier time slot may be a disaster.

mghauber
December 8th, 2013, 16:11
I'm the brother...sorry for the confusion. Just got staffed so I'm in. Will post all my stuff in the next few min. Sorry for last minute posts....damn sick people! hahaha

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 16:13
Sorry for the delay. Here's my character XML. Look forward the game.

Wintermute, do you have a chronicle or is this your first game with that character? If its your first game I need you PFS #, your Faction and starting gold after your original purchases. Thanks

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 16:16
I'm the brother...sorry for the confusion. Just got staffed so I'm in. Will post all my stuff in the next few min. Sorry for last minute posts....damn sick people! hahaha

Sometimes you gotta let em deal with Myocardial Infarctions and Transient Ischemic Attacks on their own....its for the great good imho!

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 16:30
Jshauber, Your character has 4xp which is level 2, but the xml file you uploaded has you as a level 1 character. You need to sort this out before game time and resubmit a new xml. If you need help with anything let me know, also the server is up I'm making a few last minute adjustments. Ill keep if up til we start the game if you need to work on you character in FG. Thanks

mghauber
December 8th, 2013, 16:47
I hope this is what you need. This is my first time doing Pathfinder Society...

Are we using ver 2.9.4 or ver 3.0 in FG?

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 16:54
Are we using ver 2.9.4 or ver 3.0 in FG?
I assume the earlier version. I haven't played since March until about a week or so ago. I haven't downloaded anything new except for the normal update among entering FG's.

Wintermute
December 8th, 2013, 16:55
First game with this character. Character number is 84152-1, Grand Lodge, and 11GP

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 16:59
ALSO: If anyone has a special token or pic they want to use for their character and don't know how to load it. Just load it to this thread and I'll apply it to your character. I'll put random tokens on you if you dont have anything. Thanks

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 17:02
Morda has no spells loaded. If you would like to log on or come in TS we can get the spells you want to use. Just let me know thanks

Wintermute
December 8th, 2013, 17:05
I am assuming that TS is teamspeak? When do we get the server information or did I miss something? lol. Wanta make sure my stuff works

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 17:21
I am assuming that TS is teamspeak? When do we get the server information or did I miss something? lol. Wanta make sure my stuff works

Server Info and TS Info are on the first post of this thread. Thanks

mghauber
December 8th, 2013, 17:57
Just tried to log onto TS...says password is invalid...

jshauber
December 8th, 2013, 18:47
Revised character...

jshauber
December 9th, 2013, 03:24
I will be buying a wand of cure light wounds with 2 Prestige points. Otherwise I am banking my cash for this scenario.

Had fun, thanks for running it.

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 04:15
Hey Aaron (trueshots),

Thanks for the game buddy...

Here is Julius' info & purchases:

Player Name: Andrew Cowan
Character Name: Julius Flashbolt
PFS# 84414-1
Faction: Grand Lodge
Starting XP: 7
Starting Gold: 233
Purchases: Cracked Mulberry Ioun Stone (400 gp); scroll of False Life (150 gp); 2 x scroll of Comprehend Languages (50 gp)

Trueshots
December 9th, 2013, 05:46
Julius Flashbolt and Ningirsu signed Chronicles. thanks for playing guys and being patient with me!

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 06:15
Trueshots,

I think I should have got out of tier gold for this scenario - being 3rd level.

That means I should have got ((509+1889)/2)= 1199 gp plus the 50 gp for my day job check.

Could you redo my chronicle & repost when you get a chance?

Thanks.

Trueshots
December 9th, 2013, 06:43
Sorry I had no clue what that out of tier stuff was, it didn't make any sense to me LOL. So on 1-2 tier, if you're 3-5 you get out of tier gold?(more gold) and on 4-5 tier if you are 1-3 you get out of tier gold?(less gold)

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 06:45
That's right

Trueshots
December 9th, 2013, 07:02
That's right

Why in the world did they do that, it doesn't really make sense. Having a level 3 in a t 1-2 makes it easier to complete. In my mind they should get less gold (no offense,lol).

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 07:17
Its more about earning gold amounts more reflective to what your character wealth would / should be at that level, not the amount in the adventure or the ease it took to earn.

Otherwise you would have higher level PC without the gp resources they should have.

An unfortunate evil of organised play im afraid...

Trueshots
December 9th, 2013, 07:24
An unfortunate evil of organised play im afraid...

Yea makes sense. As for my GM credit I get credit for t1-2 correct. the xp will make me level 3, does that put me to the out of subtier gold? Thanks

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 07:26
Not for that adventure, because your PC was 2nd at the time. At 3rd lvl it means the next 3 adv you will get out of tier gp

Trueshots
December 10th, 2013, 22:00
I am still missing info from Wintermute and Mghauber. Please post the info I asked for after the game so I can complete you chronicles, Lord Kavos posted it in perfect format as seen below. Thanks Much!

Player Name:
Character Name:
PFS#:
Faction:
Starting XP:
Starting Gold:
Purchases:

mghauber
December 11th, 2013, 07:43
Sorry True shots....crazy work hours. Will get them to you ASAP...

Trueshots
December 11th, 2013, 07:45
Sorry True shots....crazy work hours. Will get them to you ASAP...

No problem take your time, just dont want you guys to be without them for your next game

Trueshots
December 18th, 2013, 17:05
@Wintermute - Sorry for the delay, I completely forgot you sent the info as a personal message.

@ Mghauber - I'm still missing your starting Chronicle and any information to complete your chronicle. You wont get any credit for this game if you can't get that to me to submit. Thanks

Trueshots
December 18th, 2013, 17:12
Also for everyone, as soon as Mghauber gets his Chronicle info in, I will report everyone to the Paizo site....So encourage this slow poke to get on the ball!! :)

mghauber
December 20th, 2013, 22:42
Hey Trueshots...Gonna try to get on the ball. Wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. My bad.
Morda will purchase a wand of cure light wounds....starting gold was 16gp, starting xp was 0. PS number is on chronicle. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Wintermute
December 20th, 2013, 22:52
Thanks Trueshots.

Trueshots
December 20th, 2013, 23:17
Hey Trueshots...Gonna try to get on the ball. Wasn't sure what I was supposed to do. My bad.
Morda will purchase a wand of cure light wounds....starting gold was 16gp, starting xp was 0. PS number is on chronicle. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Well I hand wrote yours just incase the Natzi's a Paizo ask questions. If there is something wrong let me know. On season 0, there no space to put prestige and fame earned, spent, remaining, so I have no clue how they are dealing with that.....anyway did best I could with their horrible new rules.....