PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars EotE: Shadows of a Black Sun

ransolot
December 5th, 2013, 15:17
So I'm checking in to see if anyone would have some interest in playing this one-shot adventure. I would be GMing it and would like to see about having 4 players. I have run this module before and if I can get interest here, I'd like to run it on FG. Please post away to let me know if this is something anyone would like to do. Thanks all!

Trenloe
December 5th, 2013, 15:37
I'd like to play in this.

I've been spending a lot of time further developing the SW: EotE ruleset beyond it's current level, so I would like to have the chance to see it's use from the players side - and also get to play some rather than be the GM all the time! :)

What time zone are you in? When are you thinking of running this?

If you're interested in seeing the updated ruleset PM me and I can give you access to a beta version that is fully usable but is still missing some final bells-and-whistles.

ransolot
December 6th, 2013, 02:28
I am in PST and depending on when and how much feedback I get, I should have it ready in just a couple of weeks. I typically try to play on Sunday mornings as I usually work 6 days a week.

lachancery
December 6th, 2013, 03:10
I'd love to join too - having played this ruleset once with Trenloe as GM - but family duties confine my playing to evenings after the kids are in bed, typically any time after 5:30 PST. If that time ever was possible, count me in!

Trenloe
December 6th, 2013, 17:12
I typically try to play on Sunday mornings as I usually work 6 days a week.
That would work for me - or in the evening if you'd like to try to accommodate lachancery would work too.

ransolot
December 7th, 2013, 03:33
Ok, so what I will do then is set up a game on the game calendar and we can shoot for a Friday evening maybe? I'll set up the game and have people sign up and from there we can decide a day and time once we have 3 to 5 players.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2013, 03:50
Good plan.

Talen
December 7th, 2013, 15:39
I'd be interested as well. Ill keep an eye out on the calendar.

ransolot
December 8th, 2013, 21:59
Ok, I posted a game on the game calendar

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2014, 13:52
Is this still going ahead this Sunday?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1123

I've decided that to get some gaming done while I'm in the UK I'm going to have to play during the night - so I'll make myself available for this. :)

I'd like to play the explorer, smuggler or technician - but will be happy playing any of the 6 pregens.

ransolot
January 24th, 2014, 04:35
Yes it sure is!

Trenloe
January 24th, 2014, 09:25
Yes it sure is!
Great! Do you have the characters already entered into FG or would you like me to help out doing some/all of them?

ransolot
January 24th, 2014, 14:05
I started on Jovel so far. My plan was to bring up the game about an hour early to allow everyone to put their character in there. If you want to help out before that, I will have some time that morning or just let me know when you can do it and I can just bring up the game and give you the alias

Trenloe
January 24th, 2014, 14:45
I started on Jovel so far. My plan was to bring up the game about an hour early to allow everyone to put their character in there. If you want to help out before that, I will have some time that morning or just let me know when you can do it and I can just bring up the game and give you the alias
Cool - I've put the smuggler in my local cache (through "Manage Characters") so all it takes is for me to log into your campaign and to select the characters in my local cache and it will transfer all of the character data ready for others to use. I'll do the others in the order that I think people will be using (some people have mentioned on the calendar entry who they will be playing). They only take me about 10 minutes per PC.

zenile
January 25th, 2014, 13:41
It looks like all the slots are filled for this game, but I'd be interested in playing if a slot opens up. Assuming I have the time conversion right this should be 8 am cost, correct? I have the core rulebook but have yet to play this game, and really want to give this a go. I'm open to any open pc

ransolot
January 25th, 2014, 14:05
Well, I haven't heard back from one of the players after trying a couple of PM's so you can join if you'd like. Please feel free to sign up and if I haven't heard back from said player by tomorrow morning, you're good to go. As far as time goes, it will be 5pm PST (not sure what that works out to in the rest of the world, I'm horrible with that stuff, lol)

zenile
January 25th, 2014, 14:59
Great...going to sign up now then. Any idea which character is open? Also, will this game be txt or voice?

Paul

ransolot
January 25th, 2014, 15:04
I would like to do Skype, that's how I will GM at least. Anyone can choose to type of course. So far, the smuggler, the slicer and the trandoshan have been claimed

zenile
January 25th, 2014, 15:40
I'm interested in the droid bounty hunter if he's available. Skype is no problem for me.

Trenloe
January 25th, 2014, 19:02
If you're wanting to use Skype rather than something like the community Teamspeak server, try to get someone else to setup the group call. Skype uses the upload bandwidth from the person who sets up the call so it is not recommended for the GM to do this as they will be uploading data quite regularly and it could impact voice quality.

ransolot
January 25th, 2014, 19:14
Good to know, I'll have my buddy host Skype then

Trenloe
January 26th, 2014, 12:48
I've put all of the 6 characters in my local "Manage Characters" file - so when I log in I'll upload them to the campaign and then people can access them. I've added all of the info from the character sheets - with the exception of the extra "things" that people could get by taking on more obligation.

EDIT: I've done the PC portraits/tokens as well.

Trenloe
January 26th, 2014, 12:49
By-the-way - I assume that everyone should be on the latest release of FG for this? That is, 3.0.2??

zenile
January 26th, 2014, 13:58
I'm assuming you still got room for me tonight. If so, will you be pming server info and Skype info prior to the game? See you biological entities tonight

rpggang
February 2nd, 2014, 15:19
Hi there. Not sure if the game is full yet or not. But I have the hardcovers and would LOVE to join in the game.

Sean

ransolot
February 3rd, 2014, 01:29
Oh we already played this one, sorry