PDA

View Full Version : PFS #4-18: The Veteran's Vault Monday 9 Dec 6PM EST

KBoom
December 5th, 2013, 02:01
PFS #4–18: The Veterans Vault Monday 9 Dec 6PM EST

Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (anyone can play)
Server Alias: oily gate keen luck
Chat type: Teamspeak

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.

While many Pathfinders meet unfortunate fates in their ongoing explorations of the dangerous world of Golarion, some retire with decades' worth of treasure in their coffers, and their lives still intact. When one such Pathfinder approaches the Grand Lodge with the hidden location of her treasure vault, it falls upon a new generation of Pathfinders to retrieve from within a valuable keepsake. That they can keep anything other than the ex-Pathfinder's locket makes the assignment all the sweeter.

Written by Savannah Broadway.

Signup on the calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1118

Please post the xml file for your character along with your last chronicle sheet and your inventory sheet below.

This will be my first time running a game on FG, so any additional help before and during will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks to Trenloe for the massive support he's already given me! Signup priority will be given to Nickademus and Lord Kavos, if they wish to play.

Trueshots
December 5th, 2013, 02:26
Bam Baby, Im Signed up and ready to go!

Skellan
December 5th, 2013, 02:54
I d love to but my business is really busy at the moment, so I probably wont be able to play till after christmas. The timeslot would ordinarily be good for me though.
Hope the scenario goes well though

Nickademus
December 5th, 2013, 03:03
Applied. I believe you already have my files.

Trueshots
December 5th, 2013, 03:06
I d love to but my business is really busy at the moment

I'm going to be honest, that's no excuse.........

Lord Kavos
December 5th, 2013, 04:16
I'm in kboom - you got my files already

jshauber
December 5th, 2013, 05:45
That time works better for me.

Trueshots
December 5th, 2013, 16:05
I was looking the sign up calendar. If we get one more player level 4/5 or one of the currently signed up players plays a toon 1 level higher, we would make the average table level 3 and we could play up. I personally would LOVE to play tier 4-5. Does anyone else feel the same way? If only I have a toon that was higher. My only other one is level 6 and I have a couple of level 1's :(

Trenloe
December 5th, 2013, 16:53
If we get one more player level 4/5 or one of the currently signed up players plays a toon 1 level higher, we would make the average table level 3 and we could play up.
The current Average Party Level (APL) of 2.8 rounds up to APL 3. As you have 5 PCs signed up (and if they all turn up) then this game will currently go ahead at subtier 4-5 with the 4 player adjustment:

Starting with Season 4, scenarios are designed for six characters and contain instructions on how to adjust the scenario for four-character parties. When the APL of a table is between two subtiers (like APL 3 for a Tier 1–5 scenario), a party of four characters must play the lower tier without any adjustments for party size. A party of five to seven characters whose APL is between two subtiers must play the higher tier with the four-character adjustment.

KBoom
December 5th, 2013, 18:51
So far, this is what we have:

1. Trueshots - Fighter/Ninja 2 - Need .xml and last chronicle sheet
2. Nickademus - Bard/Rogue/Wizard 4
3. Lord Kavos - Sorcerer/Ninja 3
4. jshauber - Alchemist 2
5. Jeremy - Wizard 3

Alt 1. Ben T - Ninja 1
Alt 2.

Nickademus
December 5th, 2013, 19:57
Caster-heavy party. Playing up might be dangerous. Bring your A-game.

Trueshots
December 5th, 2013, 20:08
Caster-heavy party. Playing up might be dangerous. Bring your A-game.

I need to be honest with you, I'm God's gift to Pathfinders.....I'll solo this thing if needed :)

KBoom
December 5th, 2013, 20:26
Like Trenloe said, the only way to play down at this point is if there's no shows or if folks drop out. Even if someone else signed up with a level 1, it still only brings the APL to 2.5, which is still rounded up to 3.

And now I'm counting on Trueshots to carry everyone through the day. After I get his .xml and last chronicle sheet, that is!

Nickademus
December 5th, 2013, 20:49
I need to be honest with you, I'm God's gift to Pathfinders.....I'll solo this thing if needed :)

lol, I'll supervise.

(I think APL 3 is group's choice since there is no level 3 sub-tier. I'm not worried about it though... I know *I'll* survive.)

Trenloe
December 5th, 2013, 20:52
I think APL 3 is group's choice since there is no level 3 sub-tier.
Not any more - see the quote from the Season 5 PFS guide in post #9 above.

Trueshots
December 5th, 2013, 21:01
And now I'm counting on Trueshots to carry everyone through the day. After I get his .xml and last chronicle sheet, that is!

LOL, thats the GM saying in not so many words, "You're full of crap and just cause I can, I'm going to kill you if at all possible"
I'm looking at my toon as we speak, deciding if I want to make any purchases. I'll load her as soon as I'm finished.

Trueshots
December 5th, 2013, 21:47
The glory of Sumashi-Jiru awaits those who dare to behold her awesome power....

Lord Kavos
December 6th, 2013, 10:39
Don't forget Julius "super scout" Flashbolt - the giant skunk spray has finally worn off & the bad guys can no longer smell him coming...

ATyger
December 6th, 2013, 11:49
I've got a level 1 Investigator I could bring to the party. Would cap us at 6 players and likely bring the average down to 2. But I don't want to create a vacuum for the higher levels if you don't want it.

Also I can refit him (since he's level 1) to shore up any glaring weaknesses we might have. Could present me with an opportunity to play a more melee heavy class from the beta test. (Slayer, or the like.)

Trueshots
December 6th, 2013, 13:42
I've got a level 1 Investigator I could bring to the party. Would cap us at 6 players and likely bring the average down to 2. But I don't want to create a vacuum for the higher levels if you don't want it.

If you bring your level 1 that puts us at a 2.5 average party which rounds to 3. This still auto puts us into the tier 4-5 game, so were playing up no matter what (unless a non level 1 player ends up being a no show :(). To be honest since we are a low level party playing up, we could use heals. We have no heals atm. But play what you want and what you'll have fun with, thats the most important thing!

Lord Kavos
December 6th, 2013, 14:08
Im happy for people to play what they want to play, and we'll deal with the adventure any way we can. Personally I have only been involved in adventure cakewalks so far, so I like the idea of a challenge, but will defer to the table's decision on this matter.

On a side note...Im thinking of buying a wand of expedious retreat for Julius anyway, so we can all run away faster if needs be :)

Trueshots
December 6th, 2013, 14:22
Personally I have only been involved in adventure cakewalks so far, so I like the idea of a challenge
Sumashi-Jiru apologizes before hand, she will attempt to not expose all of her greatness so that the adventure seems more challenging, but know this: If you ever need to hit the easy mode button and for her to destroy the enemies with one flick of the wrist, all you have to do is say the word!

jshauber
December 6th, 2013, 14:37
I have to withdraw from this session as I just got a call from a buddy that was able to score Bears tickets for Monday night's game.

I have resigned from the calender, have fun all.

KBoom
December 6th, 2013, 15:25
Aww, sorry to see you go, but hope you have fun! I'd do the same in your shoes. Well, not the Bears, because they stink, but Bills? Yes, please!

Well, that puts at:
1. Trueshots - Fighter/Ninja 2
4. Jeremy - Wizard 3

Alt 1. Ben T - Ninja 1
Alt 2.

Which puts as at a solid APL of 3! But with 4 party table adjustments, brings us into the lower sub-tier. Byron over at PSOC (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/pathfinder-society-online-collective) was looking to bring either an alchemist 2 or oracle 5, though, so if they do come along, that would put us back into the upper sub-tier. Yay!

jshauber
December 6th, 2013, 15:56
REALLY!?!?! The Bills.....

Was looking forward to the game, but will catch it another time.

ATyger
December 6th, 2013, 19:03
I can happily bring in a battle cleric for the heals and minor meat shielding-ness... (?) It's my go to character, usually.

Nickademus
December 6th, 2013, 22:07
Also I can refit him (since he's level 1) to shore up any glaring weaknesses we might have. Could present me with an opportunity to play a more melee heavy class from the beta test. (Slayer, or the like.)

I'm all for the 'play what you want' mentality, but in this case I strongly recommend against a heavy melee class that is only 1st level in a tier 4-5 game. That is a receipt for a one-shot kill (not dying, flat out dead). Just want to warn you of this before you decide on your character.

ATyger
December 6th, 2013, 23:09
Yeah I had banked on my involvement bringing the party down to 1-2 tier. So since I don't want to rob any of the higher level players of their respective gold (rather than receiving out of tier), I'm going to back out and just wait to play Ruggan in the next scenario.

Nickademus
December 7th, 2013, 00:09
I'm the only one in the 4-5 tier and I don't care about the gold. Can always play a lvl 4 pre-gen as well.

ATyger
December 7th, 2013, 01:56
If I can put the exp from a pregen onto my Investigator, I'd be 100% on board with that. (He's a level 1 with 2 xp at the moment.) If so, would this make him level 2, or level 1 until he 'gets' the 4th exp?

Nickademus
December 7th, 2013, 02:02
To my knowledge, he'll have to be level 4 to apply a sub-tier 4-5 chronicle. But you can hold the chronicle until then.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2013, 02:04
If I can put the exp from a pregen onto my Investigator, I'd be 100% on board with that. (He's a level 1 with 2 xp at the moment.) If so, would this make him level 2, or level 1 until he 'gets' the 4th exp?
You can apply a chronicle gained from a pregen to a 1st level character if you want. You get the XP and PP from the chronicle, but only 500gp. Or, you can keep the chronicle until that PC hits the same level as the pregen played (probably 4th).

ATyger
December 7th, 2013, 02:12
You can apply a chronicle gained from a pregen to a 1st level character if you want. You get the XP and PP from the chronicle, but only 500gp. Or, you can keep the chronicle until that PC hits the same level as the pregen played (probably 4th).

If you need another at the table, I'd like to do this then. Let me know KBoom. *smile*

KBoom
December 7th, 2013, 02:26
It's up to you. We have a legal table right now, but the choice is always yours. Your options at this point are:

- Play a pre-gen level 4 option 1 - table will play with five at sub-tier 3-4 - you can immediately add the chronicle to your level 1 pc with normal xp and pp rewards, but only 500 gp
- Play a pre-gen level 4 option 2 - table will play with five at sub-tier 3-4 - you can hold the chronicle until your pc hits level 4, at which point you apply it with full xp, pp, and gp rewards
- Play your level 1 (or a pregen level 1) - table will play with five at sub-tier 1-2 - you apply chronicle immediately to your level 1 pc with full xp, pp, and gp rewards
- Don't play - table as is will play with four at sub-tier 1-2 - no chronicle for you!

Any option you decide on is fine by me. I'd rather have more players at my table, and you're more than welcome to join, but I'm not going to tell anyone what they can or cannot play (as long as it's within PFS standards and with the tier level range, that is!). So, if you want to play, sign up, let me know what you're going with, drop me an .xml file (if you're playing your own level 1), and your last chronicle sheet (if you have one for your character you're applying this chronicle to), and/or which chronicle option you want to go with if you decide to play a level 4 pre-gen, and I'll see you on Monday!

ATyger
December 7th, 2013, 02:32
I'll sign up. I'll be playing the level 4 pre-gen of Seelah (Paladin), some healing ability and a bit of meatiness, which seems to be what is needed.

I'll have her .xml up as soon as I get it all transferred up to FG. Also since my latest Chronicle for Cadynce (the one I'll be applying the credit to) is a physical copy, I'll have to write one up for you to approve, from a blank. I don't have a scanner, sadly.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2013, 02:40
Also since my latest Chronicle for Cadynce (the one I'll be applying the credit to) is a physical copy, I'll have to write one up for you to approve, from a blank. I don't have a scanner, sadly.
Take a digital photo of it - if you lay the sheet flat on a table with good lighting you can get a legible photo, check that all info can be read OK from the photo before sending it.

ATyger
December 7th, 2013, 02:43
Take a digital photo of it - if you lay the sheet flat on a table with good lighting you can get a legible photo, check that all info can be read OK from the photo before sending it.

Oh good idea! Fair enough, I'll do that.

Trueshots
December 7th, 2013, 03:04
@ Atyger

I'd hate for you not to play your actual toon, the one you dreamed up with your creativity. If you play a level 1 we still have a legal table for the tier 4-5 . Im not trying to push you either way, just want everyone to have fun while Kboom is killing everyone except Sumashi_Jiru!

ATyger
December 7th, 2013, 03:17
I have no problem coming in with an NPC. Seelah is one of the few I genuinely enjoy playing since she's so close to my usual set up, and the Investigator is pretty boring at 1st level anyways. I'm glad to get this exp and see level 1 fall behind. *smile* I need to catch up with my face-to-face group anyways and this is one sure way to do it while still being an effective member to the group.

Lord Kavos
December 8th, 2013, 03:58
kboom playing in a game sunday night, so will post my updated chronicle after that game (and xml if there are any changes).

Trueshots
December 8th, 2013, 04:11
Kboom, I'm GMing that game and will have gm credit I'm posting to sumashi, this will level me to 3. I'll post new chronicle as soon as I finish them up.

ATyger
December 8th, 2013, 08:19
Sorry, backing out. My wife is getting her orders so we're going to spend X-mas in NY/Ohio with our families before she ships. I'm not going to have any free time in the next two weeks. Apologies.

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 07:21
Hi Kboom here is my latest xml file & chronicle sheet (after the game I played earlier today)

Could you replace the old files with these?

Thanks

Bollivergray
December 9th, 2013, 14:33
Kboom,

I played Chula in a game last night. He did not level or buy any gear. The chronicle has been uploaded to the dropbox location I sent you in PM.

Thanks,

Jeremy

KBoom
December 9th, 2013, 14:43
Sorry to see you go, Tyger. And thanks for the updates.

As of now, we have:
4. Jeremy - Wizard 3
5. Brett T - Rogue 3

Alt 1. Ben T - Ninja 1
Alt 2.

So we're still in the upper tier, unless someone else drops or doesn't show.

Nickademus
December 9th, 2013, 14:55
as of now, we have:
1. Trueshots - fighter/ninja 2

observers:
1. Nickademus - bard/rogue/wizard 4
2. Lord kavos - sorcerer/ninja 3
3. Jeremy - wizard 3
4. Brett t - rogue 3

fill in observer:
1. Ben t - ninja 1

so we're still in the upper tier, because of trueshots' awesomeness.

ftfy :p

Trueshots
December 9th, 2013, 17:08
Behold the unkillable immortal omnipowerful Sumashi-Jiru.....(It is rumored that Paizo Pathfinder's are looking to nerf Sumashi-Jiru, they claim her power is too great for any RPG).

Trueshots
December 9th, 2013, 18:52
As of now, we have:
So we're still in the upper tier, unless someone else drops or doesn't show.

Sumashi-Jiru leveled to 3 last night with a horrific showing on the GM side of the table, but that was a small sacrifice made to increase the Legendary Status of Sumashi-Jiru. Sumashi's only goal is to kill more stuff than Julius Flashbolt, the so called ninja....pfft!

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 22:32
Wait....your a ninja too? I did some training with the ninja's about 6 months ago & thought they were really cool and did some funky stuff but then if found out they were paid assassins & i didnt like that very much and they wanted me to kill some noble to join their ranks properly but i said i couldnt do that and they werent very hapy with me after that and wanted to kill me but i couldnt let that happen either so i used some flashy magics to get out of there quickly and since i havent been back to the east but i remember the lessons they taught me and i liked the training and the things they showed me but not the killing for money stuff so i decided to train myself...Wait? your not from the Black Lotis are you? If you are I dont recommend trying to kill me because then i would have to do some nasty stuff to you too and i really dont want to have to do that but i will if you force me to do so because even though i left because im not an assassin i will defend myself and if that means you might die then i would be sorry that i had to do that....

Im Julius by the way....pleased to meet you Sumashi.... :)

Lord Kavos
December 9th, 2013, 22:38
Which teamspeak server are we on?

is the FG server up yet?

Nickademus
December 9th, 2013, 22:58
In teamspeak and waiting for our host.

Bollivergray
December 9th, 2013, 23:01
What teamspeak server?

Nickademus
December 9th, 2013, 23:03
What teamspeak server?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

First post

Lord Kavos
December 10th, 2013, 05:23
Hi Kim,

Thanks for the game...

Here are Julius' purchases:

Spring-loaded wrist sheath (5 gp)
Wand (Chill Touch) (2 PP)
Cestus (5gp)

Nickademus
December 10th, 2013, 06:08
Hakeem's sold items:
pearl of power 1st +500 gp

Hakeem's purchases:
bladeguard (used) 40 gp
compsognathus familiar replacement 200 gp
belt of incredible dexterity (-10% from Qadira fame boon) 3,600 gp

Shalloecoore
December 10th, 2013, 17:41
Thanks for the game last night Kim, it was a good time. And thanks to the rest of the team for going easy on a noob.

Trueshots
December 10th, 2013, 18:00
Sumashi is making no purchases other than the 40g that was spent on a blade guard potion. Sumashi feels it more challenging to go into battle with less gear than her opponent!

KBoom
December 10th, 2013, 18:01
Thanks guys. I'm guessing that Qadiran prestige award is Master of Trade, and that Fynn just bought Remove Disease for 1 PP? If so, then I have three completed Chronicle Sheets. Just waiting on confirmation of purchases / sellings from the other two and we'll be finished if everything looks alright here.

Bollivergray
December 10th, 2013, 18:03
No purchases or sold items from Chula.

Thanks.

KBoom
December 10th, 2013, 18:05
Once again proving that Sumashi is a true ninja...

KBoom
December 10th, 2013, 18:07
...and Chula!

Let me know if anyone notices anything wrong and I'll get them fixed as soon as I can. Thanks!

Bollivergray
December 10th, 2013, 18:41
Kim,

Chula had a more recent chronicle from Sunday night (#9 - Rise of the Goblin Guild). His starting fame/prestige should be 16/7 and starting gold of 2816.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Shalloecoore
December 10th, 2013, 19:04
Mine looks good! Thanks again

KBoom
December 10th, 2013, 20:31
Sorry, here you go, this should be the correct one.

Bollivergray
December 10th, 2013, 20:39
Looks good. Thank you again for running!

Lord Kavos
December 11th, 2013, 03:17
all good kim thanks again.