PDA

View Full Version : Quarry & Curse

goonalan
December 3rd, 2013, 23:47
How do people handle Quarry and Curse in FG? Is there something built in or else... pen and paper?

Cheers goonalan

Griogre
December 4th, 2013, 01:42
In my games we make an informational effect called Quarry and Curse. FG treats text that are not part of its effect tags as informational only so you can put any reminder text on the combat tracker you want. If you have multiple Rangers or Warlocks that quarry/curse then put the character's name on them, ie Quarry Vonn. Make the duration on Curse until the end of the encounter.

Quarry is more tricky, because while the quarry also lasts to the end of the encounter many rangers will often change their quarry so it can be a hassle for the DM setting the duration to the end of the encounter because the DM will have to constantly delete the effect off the old monster when they change it. Thus I usually tell then to give it a duration of end next and just keep dropping it each turn - only actually spending the minor action if they actually quarry a different monster. (Note: this should change in FG3 where players can get rid of effects themselves.)

By the way, if you want to sit in one of my 4E games on Friday or Sunday and see how we do things - let me know.

Edit: Forgot to mention that normally the player makes a situational power called Quarry or Curse that holds the damage roll as well as the effect.

goonalan
December 6th, 2013, 01:18
Sorry only just getting around to answering this, been busying.

Thanks for the info, I believe I can handle that.

I think the time difference may be an issue with regards to me joining a game, maybe... I'm 8 hours ahead (I think) over here in the UK. I appreciate the offer, and if I'm wrong about the time gap and it's doable then... I'd love to just to see FG, and you, at work.

Thanks some more.

goonalan

Griogre
December 6th, 2013, 21:19
Yeah the time difference on the Friday game is not kind to the UK. The Sunday game may be doable. It starts at 3 PM Pacific so that would be like 11 PM Sunday for you, depending on when you need to get up Monday you might be able to sit in for a while.