PDA

View Full Version : 50 Fathoms Theme issue

Dr0W
December 2nd, 2013, 05:54
I've already mentioned about this problem but I didn't find a solution so far. People couldn't reproduce the same problem I have but I THINK that's because I only own the 50 Player Fathoms Player Guide, not the complete one (50 Fathoms theme for Player Guide owners might be bugged and the other isn't? That's just my guess).

As a GM I cannot open a player sheet directly from the Character Selection window. No matter what I do it just won't open. However if a player joins the game, I can double click his portrait to open their character's sheet without problems. I've already installed FG2 in 3 different computers and the problem happened in all of them. Anything I could do?

Griogre
December 2nd, 2013, 18:01
You may have found a problem but it would be helpful if you gave a step by step to reproduce the problem and a list of all extensions you are running, if any, and their version numbers. It sounds like an extension problem to me, but whether its the theme or something else isn't clear.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2013, 18:25
Type /ver in the chat window to see version numbers.

Dr0W
December 2nd, 2013, 20:26
The only extension I'm using is the 50 Fathoms Theme.
Typing /ver gives me Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.4.1 (Build 2).

Step by step:
- I load a SW campaing
- Click the PC's button on the upper right
- The Character Screen appears and I double click a character and nothing happens. The double-clicked character's sheet should appear. That's the problem.

If I disable the 50 Fathoms Theme extension it works fine. If I use another theme I've bought (modern) it works fine. If I open another client and connect to my game as a player, I'm able to select a character and as a GM I can double click it's portrait on the upper left and check their sheet, but I have no access to the sheets of characters that aren't active (selected by the players)

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2013, 20:46
I don't have the theme, so I can't test this myself. I've seen in another ruleset recently that it was very picky about where I clicked in select a character from the Character Selection window - have you tried clicking/double-clicking in lots of different places on the character?

A couple of other questions:

You are running FG 2.9.4 live? And not using beta 3.0 or other versions?
When you load up the campaign does the extension report in the chat window something like "50 Fathoms Theme Extension"?

Dr0W
December 3rd, 2013, 00:17
I'm running 2.9.4 live.
When I load up the campaign the extension reports 50 Fathoms Theme Extension for Fantasy Grounds II.

Just tried clicking and double clicking alot around the Character Selection window and it still doesn't work.
Thanks a lot for the help.

Trenloe
December 3rd, 2013, 05:10
This sounds like it will need on of the FG SW devs to check it out.

phantomwhale
December 3rd, 2013, 05:15
Guess that's my cue to stop lurking and get involved!

I'll ping Smiteworks and see if I can get a copy of the 50 Fathoms Theme to test with Savage Worlds (or see if the Theme author wants to test it) and go from there.

Dr0W
December 3rd, 2013, 21:09
I do! Please, test it! Thanks for the help.

Moon Wizard
December 4th, 2013, 02:20
Phantomwhale, I sent you a note.

Cheers,
JPG

phantomwhale
December 8th, 2013, 20:47
Xmas time is a busy time... finally got my task list down enough to check this, and yep, there is a bug in the store version of 50 Fathoms.

Will work with the author (doswelk) and Smiteworks to figure out if this is simply the store serving up the wrong version, or if a small patch needs to be written.

[EDIT] the store version is indeed an older version. Have asked Smiteworks to check, contact doswelk if necessary, and ensure they are serving up the later, patched version.

Regards,
Ben