PDA

View Full Version : v3.0 Beta Ruleset Reference Docs

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2013, 02:43
OK, here is my first pass of the updated ruleset reference documentation for the v3.0 beta.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdocbeta/

The only thing I have not added yet is information on the merge attribute and the importruleset tag. I was saving these additions until I had a chance to update a ruleset/extension developer guide. For now, the CoreRPG ruleset and the ones that derive from it are the live example to draw from.

Cheers,
JPG

saithan
November 30th, 2013, 03:06
this is awesome, thanx!

Ardem
December 2nd, 2013, 10:07
What would be useful and I found this with some programming books, is an example of each of the code segments. Just a thought however it might be to much work. Syntax might be enough but sometime a context always help.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2013, 16:53
What would be useful and I found this with some programming books, is an example of each of the code segments. Just a thought however it might be to much work. Syntax might be enough but sometime a context always help.
Volunteering? ;)

Ardem
December 3rd, 2013, 03:00
Trenloe haha you have seen my code, do you really want people using my examples as best practice, I wouldn't<grin>

Having said that perhaps there might be some volunteers that not only are willing but have the ability?

Blacky
December 5th, 2013, 21:48
What would be useful and I found this with some programming books, is an example of each of the code segments. Just a thought however it might be to much work. Syntax might be enough but sometime a context always help. There's a somewhat similar requested feature on the FG Feature List : https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=75039 with 69 votes to date. A user commenting system, something not unlike for example to the PHP online documentation. It would allow to vastly improve the current FG document, which has a very steep learning curve and isn't useful enough.

dberkompas
December 6th, 2013, 21:12
I'd be willing to help, I've got mad coding skillz.

BoomerET