PDA

View Full Version : Problem using a Map Module purchase from FG

seycyrus
November 28th, 2013, 15:02
Greetings,

Just today I purchased "ุone's Colorprints #2: Riverside Inn" from the FG website online store. I received a download link, which downloaded an installer to my computer. Upon running this installer, I found the module file and placed it in my FG module folder. I opened up one of my campaigns, hit the "modules" icon, and opened up (flipped the book open) the module.

What next? I don't see any additional images, or anything that is available.

I'm expecting to find some image files, some text perhaps ... what am I missing?

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Woops, meant to put this in Customer Support. Please move to appropriate subforum.

Andraax
November 28th, 2013, 16:14
Open up the maps & images. You should see a new tab at the bottom with the images from the module in it.

seycyrus
November 28th, 2013, 17:15
Yes, I was expecting it to work something like that, but I don't see anything in Maps and Images.

One thing to note, is that I originally installed FG on the D: drive. Therefore there is an AppData/Roaming/FantasyGrounds/... on my D: drive.

It looks like this module created a similar folder structure and put itself on the C: drive (there was not an option to put it anywhere else, and the install flies by so quickly that I can't really make any information out)

I manually took the module from where the install put it (C: drive) and placed it in the modules folder on my D: drive.

Apparently, there are other files that are misplaced, or perhaps were not ever created (maybe the install was looking for FG folders on the C: drive and couldn't find them, so it never placed the files?).

Edit: File this one under stupidity. Images and story, created in their own tab. Problem never existed.