PDA

View Full Version : Skill Confirmation in Char sheet.

CB Droege
November 22nd, 2013, 05:40
I'm coming back to DMing in Fantasy grounds after being away from it for nearly two years. I love all the improvements I'm finding since that time, but one thing has me confused.

When I last used the software, adding skill points meant putting in a number for the player, then they would assign the points, and click a little ckeckmark button to finalize their selections.

This checkmark seems to be missing now, along with the ability to manually finalize the selections. How is this gone about now? :confused:

Cheers,
CB

Moon Wizard
November 22nd, 2013, 06:31
The skill ranks are just manually entered in the rank fields for each skill, and the total points spent is shown at the top of the skills page so you can verify the total is right.

The old point entry procedure was tied to the 3 class limit. When the sheet was changed to add any number of classes, it was removed since it was very confusing and error prone.

Cheers,
JPG

CB Droege
November 22nd, 2013, 13:39
That's not what mine looks like. I've still got the 'Available Points' and 'Points Spent' fields at the bottom of the page. Does it just look different in 3.5PF than in 4e?

Is there no way to lock the skill fields, then? even from the player side? I'm really only worried about accidental changes while scrolling around, which the old system protected from.

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2013, 15:36
Is there no way to lock the skill fields, then? even from the player side? I'm really only worried about accidental changes while scrolling around, which the old system protected from.
Ensure that the GM enables the option Client -> Mouse wheel editing = Ctrl, so that using the scroll wheel doesn't change fields unless you hold down the CTRL key as well.

Moon Wizard
November 22nd, 2013, 18:21
The mouse wheel option is actually a per client option setting that defaults to requiring the CTRL key to avoid accidental field changes. Each client can change that in the options dialog.

Regards,
JPG

CB Droege
November 22nd, 2013, 20:24
Thanks for the info guys.

I've got another question after playing around a bit, if it's okay to ask without staring a new thread:

I see that the new party sheet thing has a place for encounters and quests, which is supercool, but is there a way to assign XP from that tab, or do I still have to open each character sheet to add XP to their totals?

After seeing the neat 'parcel' system, I figured that the XP tab would work similarly, but maybe I just can't find the right button?

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2013, 20:30
After seeing the neat 'parcel' system, I figured that the XP tab would work similarly, but maybe I just can't find the right button?
No buttons - it is handled by the traditional right-click menus - right click on any of the encounter entries you have dragged from the NPC encounter list (in the NPC window -> Encounters tab).

CB Droege
November 22nd, 2013, 20:35
Ah, sweet, thanks!

Is there a way to tell it to give everyone the full XP, or to give the XP to only some party members, or does assigning XP always just split it among everyone in the party?

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2013, 20:37
It will split it among everyone on the party sheet. In theory you could remove from the party sheet those PCs you don't want to get the XP, assign the XP and then put them back in the party sheet.

Bidmaron
November 23rd, 2013, 15:52
Now that's a brilliant work-around, Trenloe.

Zeus
November 24th, 2013, 10:34
I plan to update the PS as part of the new forthcoming 5E ruleset introducing checkboxes against PC's in the PS so that assignment of XP and Parcels/treasure can be targeted against specific party members. If all goes well the changes will be made to CoreRPG so that layered rulesets gain the additional features.

Bidmaron
November 24th, 2013, 17:09
Zeus, might I request that instead of a check box you allow us to enter a numeric weight. Thus, to give everyone their linear share of either treasure or XP, you'd enter a 1, while if you wanted to give someone a relative bonus, you'd enter 1.1 (or something >1) and for a penalty, something <1?