PDA

View Full Version : Treasure and Items in your AP

hangarflying
November 21st, 2013, 18:34
Hey Guys,

For those of you who are converting APs, are you putting in any treasures or magical items into the items tab? If so, what do you put in? Do you build it like you do NPCs/Encounters: individual items built into treasure parcels and then linked to the relevant encounter area?

Also, as a side note, how do you build masterwork weapons an armor?

kleamovich
November 21st, 2013, 21:53

I am running the Reign of Winter at the moment. I am bringing in all the magical items from the book, along with other gear. I put in all the information given. If it's masterwork or plus +1, I usually will tell the PC's once they have proper identified the item everything that it does. Sorry for the small picture, hope this helps.

hangarflying
November 21st, 2013, 22:18
Pic works! Thanks. It's going to be a bit before I get to GM this campaign, so I might as well put the items in. Thanks!

Trenloe
November 21st, 2013, 22:30
Also, as a side note, how do you build masterwork weapons an armor?
Give the weapon a property of "masterwork" before it is dragged to the PC inventory sheet:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Masterwork%20Weapon.jpg

During the drop process the code will check to see if there is a 0 for item bonus (i.e. it is not a +1 or above weapon) and add +1 to the attack bonus automatically if the properties contains "masterwork" (not case sensitive).

I can't find any similar coding in the ruleset for masterwork armour. You'll have to adjust the skill check penalty manually.

The thing to note about the above is that the property of "masterwork" is only read when you drag the item to the PC character sheet - if you remove or add masterwork once the weapon is on the character sheet it will not make any changes. Also note that the +1 is added as a generic bonus - keep this in mind if there are other bonuses that you many be manually entering in this field:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Masterwork%20Weapon%20-%20bonus.jpg

hangarflying
November 21st, 2013, 23:23
Thanks Trenloe! Though, as a point of order, you're price is a bit off for your MW longsword. :p

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2013, 01:00
Thanks Trenloe! Though, as a point of order, you're price is a bit off for your MW longsword. :p
It was a one time special - from the door guard at the Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge in Absalom. Apparently some Pathfinder didn't have a need for it any more...

Nickademus
November 22nd, 2013, 02:57
The thing to note about the above is that the property of "masterwork" is only read when you drag the item to the PC character sheet

Does this apply to when FG adds the weapon to a character sheet from a parcel?

kleamovich
November 22nd, 2013, 20:02
Does this apply to when FG adds the weapon to a character sheet from a parcel?

I have tested this it does work if you were still wondering.

Nickademus
November 23rd, 2013, 00:17
I was, thanks.

Bidmaron
November 23rd, 2013, 15:40
The thing to note about the above is that the property of "masterwork" is only read when you drag the item to the PC character sheet - if you remove or add masterwork once the weapon is on the character sheet it will not make any changes. Also note that the +1 is added as a generic bonus - keep this in mind if there are other bonuses that you many be manually entering in this field:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/Masterwork%20Weapon%20-%20bonus.jpg

Is the warning that the +1 for masterwork will stomp whatever may already be there or does the drop code add the masterwork to any other bonus?

Trenloe
November 23rd, 2013, 15:57
Is the warning that the +1 for masterwork will stomp whatever may already be there or does the drop code add the masterwork to any other bonus?
Remember that this is just when you drag a weapon entry into your inventory - an new entry for that weapon is made in the Actions tab, so it is not overwriting anything that is already there. As mentioned above, adding masterwork to a weapon once it is in the character sheet doesn't change anything. The bonus I highlight in the screenshot is created as part of the weapon drag process in the new actions entry - it is not there in the entry before the drag as this entry is essentially created from the data in the dragged weapon it is not a copy of the dragged weapon. In the first screenshot in post #4, the "bonus" field immediately below "properties" is used for magical bonuses and will add this any values in here to attack and damage, if there is no bonus AND masterwork in the properties then only a +1 will be added to attack.

Bidmaron
November 24th, 2013, 02:16
Thanks for the clarification, Trenloe.

hangarflying
April 2nd, 2014, 00:44
To revisit this question, when making magical armor (+1 leather, for example), do I still have to manually adjust the armor check penalty even though there is a "1" in the bonus section?

Trenloe
April 2nd, 2014, 01:26
To revisit this question, when making magical armor (+1 leather, for example), do I still have to manually adjust the armor check penalty even though there is a "1" in the bonus section?
Yes, this has to be done manually in the armor entry in the inventory tab. These values (max dex and spell failure as well) are not read from armour in the inventory. At least I'm not aware of a way to indicate which armour in the inventory is actually being worn and then this auto populates the "Armor" values.

And remember that magical armour only adjusts the armour check penalty based on the fact that it is masterwork (so just a change of 1 no matter what enhancement bonus the armour has). The +X does not apply to the ACP.