PDA

View Full Version : Effect Question

kleamovich
November 21st, 2013, 15:45
Hello everyone,

So I have a question about an effect I have been trying to figure out. I have tested a few ideas but none seem to work. This is a general question about an effect would never have numbers this high, but let's say I wanted to do 12d6 charisma damage to a PC.

I have tried...

CHA: -12d6 damage;
CHA: -12d6;
CHA: (-12d6);
DMG: -12d6 charisma;

I know I could roll the damage and add it to the PC's character sheet under the damage column, however an effect would help add/remove it when needed.

Trenloe
November 21st, 2013, 16:01
Refer to the "Label:Modifiers" page in the 3.5e user guide - look for this in the sidebar after going to the effects page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp

Effects only cover CHA ability modifier as a number - indicated by the N column, it doesn't support dice (D column).

Using DMG only supports the following damage types: "acid", "cold", "electricity", "fire", "sonic", "force", "positive", "negative", "adamantine", "bludgeoning", "cold iron", "epic", "magic", "piercing", "silver", "slashing", "chaotic", "evil", "good", "lawful", "nonlethal", "spell"

So, the answer to you question is that you can't use a random (dice) effect for ability damage - you'll have to roll it and manually apply it to the ability in the "damage" field on the PC main tab - or manually add the effect for the static ability damage, e.g. the effect would be: CHA:-10

kleamovich
November 21st, 2013, 16:37
Thanks, I was thinking that was the way I would have to do it. Wishful thinking!