PDA

View Full Version : Charter Document

Bubo
November 20th, 2013, 03:06
How many people here use Charter Documents with their gaming group?

I first played under a charter document in 1995, and usually draft up a new document whenever I start a new gaming group. To me, it helps set expectations and provides a clear grievance system for the players, as well as provides an opportunity to detail concepts specific to the experience I'm crafting for my group. The attached example is 15 pages long, but is one of the more detailed charter documents that I have drafted. It is the culmination of almost 15 years of experience with gaming charter documents, and was written specifically for a Ptolus campaign under D&D 3.5. Most charter documents are not this long or detailed.

Would anyone else care to share a charter document that they have worked under?

Blahness98
November 20th, 2013, 04:59
Your charter looks interesting, but you probably should have cut out the part about passing off a cracked piece of software prior to posting this...

Just saying.

Bubo
November 20th, 2013, 07:02
You are correct, I should have taken that part out. As I stated in another thread, I did run a session using a cracked copy of Fantasy Grounds that one of my players gave me. However, I switched us to RPTools afterwards due to my players not being willing to purchase a license at that time. Fortunately, I finally purchased an Ultimate License last month.