PDA

View Full Version : Interest Check: Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

Blahness98
November 19th, 2013, 21:46
With the completion of the community rule set and me actually getting the Core Rule Book, I am entertaining the idea of starting an EotE game. Right now, everything is in the planning/feeling out stages as I am still finishing reading the core book. If anything, I might just run the one of the included adventures to get my feet wet with the system before designing a campaign.

As for the particulars, the game will most likely occur in the evenings (read 6-10pm) central time. The actual day has yet to be decided.

I will reiterate, this is only an interest check. There may be an actual game, but it will probably start late December early January once I get done converting it to FG.

Trenloe
November 19th, 2013, 22:12
I'm running a game tonight and have mode a few additions to the ruleset. There are quite a few more additions that could be made to make this a very functional ruleset - mostly around the combat tracker/initiative process. Sharing of story and image/map entries to the players. Dice box functionality - more controls and allowing the GM to view a player's dice poll before the roll. Automation targeting to allow defence to be taken into account and damage can be applied (soak subtracted directly), etc..

Of course, the above is just a wish list and this by no way detracts from the great work done on the ruleset so far - some of the above is nice to have, some of it more important, like the combat tracker which doesn't really allow for the EotE initiative to be tracked easily.

genjuro_zero
November 21st, 2013, 19:28
I am definitely interested in playing. I'm somewhat familiar with the ruleset, having played a 1-shot in the con, and am currently running a game for a few folks at work (though very rules-lite) during lunches. I'd love to be able to play!

AnthonyDietrich
November 21st, 2013, 20:26
Hey there. I've been playing an EotE game during lunch at work... >.>

I'd be interested in playing; hit me up.

Edit: Also--I have two other buddies, one from California, the other from North Dakota, and they'd both be interested as well.

lachancery
November 22nd, 2013, 03:55
I played in Trenloe's scenario this week and it was a lot of fun! Still can't make the 6pm start time though - like in your previous game... :(

Hope you go ahead and run this game; the rules are great!

Dr_Babylon
November 22nd, 2013, 07:54
I know nothing of this new system but I'm always up for a Star War. Ever so many story and character ideas worth pursuing there. It seems unlikely that your schedule will complement my extraordinary needs but I shall, nevertheless, observe with great interest from afar.

mnbrett
December 1st, 2013, 05:00
With the completion of the community rule set and me actually getting the Core Rule Book, I am entertaining the idea of starting an EotE game. Right now, everything is in the planning/feeling out stages as I am still finishing reading the core book. If anything, I might just run the one of the included adventures to get my feet wet with the system before designing a campaign.

As for the particulars, the game will most likely occur in the evenings (read 6-10pm) central time. The actual day has yet to be decided.

I will reiterate, this is only an interest check. There may be an actual game, but it will probably start late December early January once I get done converting it to FG.

I have not yet had a chance to use FG and would like to get involved in a EotE game, short or long.

CST is where I am, I have not yet played EotE either. Guess that makes me a 2x newbie.

Twodogz
December 2nd, 2013, 03:46

I own the Core Rule Book, have been playing in a SW EotE weekly campaign and would be very interested in joining a game in FG2.

I am a WFRP3 Player/GM too and love what FFG have done with it, seeing the similarities between the two systems. Having said that, I am also an old SW WEG d6 Player & GM from "back in the day" and still believe it to be the best system. Plus all those "fluff-rich" books are now available legally for free due to WEG's demise, they are great to help expand on the FFG content.

Let me know if you get this moving.