PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Chat Window

Qai
November 19th, 2013, 21:35
Perhaps a dumb question, but is there any way to resize the chat window to make it smaller?

My gaming groups don't really need the space for text chatting as our games are pre-dominantly mic-based. We only really need the window for die rolls. It would be nice to have the added real estate. I would like to avoid using /scaleui as it makes the dice slightly harder to read (I play a lot on my laptop on the go). Default layout is fine, just a smaller chat window would be nice.

RevenantBob
November 19th, 2013, 21:38
There is a way to do it. You just have to modify the module and change an XML file to do it. That's the only way I know how to do it.

Trenloe
November 19th, 2013, 21:39
What ruleset?

A few rulesets allow you to move/resize the chat window - right click on the chat window and select "unlock position".

Qai
November 19th, 2013, 21:53
I was hoping to not have to involve modding. The unlocking approach sort of works. It does let me adjust the height to something more suitable, but I would like to adjust the width to be a bit more narrower than what it allows. I'm using the D&D 3.5 and PFRPG rulesets.

When you're GM and have maps, narratives, tokens, and notes all open simultaneously real-estate becomes valuable, especially on a laptop :P

Trenloe
November 19th, 2013, 22:26
The smallest size you can get the chat window down to is limited by the size of the "box" where the dice are rolled into - so you can't have it too small otherwise the rolls wouldn't work. Also too narrow and some of the automation text would begin to be pretty hard to read.

You can move the chat window around when it is unlocked so you can move it out of the way if you want.