PDA

View Full Version : PFS Master of the Fallen Fortress - Saturday 23rd November 8pm GMT

Myrddin
November 19th, 2013, 19:58
I tried to run this previously as my first foray into PFS GM'ing as it looks like a great introductory scenario for new players and GMs alike. Unfortunately, after three no-shows I was forced to cancel. Better luck this time I hope!

Duration: 4-5 hours
Gamemaster: Myrddin
Fantasy Grounds Licence: Full
Server Alias: able ally firm seal
Chat type: Text and Voice (Community Teamspeak3 server)
Tiers (level): 1

The ruined siege castles outside Absalom have long beckoned adventurers
looking to make a name for themselves. Now an earthquake has cracked open one of
these fabled ruins, and its lost mysteries and fantastic treasures lie exposed
for the first time in centuries. But the tower's empty halls once more echo with
living footfalls, and a new master has claimed the Fallen Fortress as his own.
Can the PCs find a way to get inside its shattered walls? What ancient dangers
and fresh threats will they encounter inside its crumbling chambers? And will
the PCs be able to defeat the current Master of the Fallen Fortress?

To join:

Post your PC's Fantasy Grounds XML, together with a copy of your last PFS chronicle sheet (if applicable) and season 5 Inventory Tracking Sheet (if applicable) in this thread.

Do not hesitate to reply in this forum thread if you have questions.

Useful links:

Steps to create your PC's XML: First message in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums...ady-for-a-game (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16961-How-to-export-PCs-ready-for-a-game)
PFS Resources page: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/playerResources)
Character creation rules: Guide_to_Pathfinder_Society_Organized_Play (https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4) (Free pdf!)
Pathfinder rules reference: https://paizo.com/prd/ (https://paizo.com/prd/)

KBoom
November 19th, 2013, 20:23
Ooh, been looking forward to someone running this one. Love it! I've been toying with building a bard, and this would be a perfect time to try her out.

jshauber
November 19th, 2013, 21:54
I'll sign up and we can try again.....

I think I might need to modify the character sheet a bit since the last session but can do that before the game.

Lord Kavos
November 19th, 2013, 23:14
is this for 1st level PCs only? would like to keep getting xp for my main PC - he will be 3rd level after Skellans game.

rogerv
November 19th, 2013, 23:53
Yes it is only level 1 characters which are valid for this adventure (as reliably stated by the forum gods aka Trenloe when I asked the same question last time round).

Myrddin
November 20th, 2013, 00:00
Welcome back jsh. I'll load up Ningirsu, then you can make any amends before the game as you say.

Welcome kboom. A bard would be great.

Lord K, the scenario is intended for 1st or 2nd level PCs. As I understand it, a player may only play the module for credit once with a 2nd level PC, but may replay it with multiple 1st level characters for credit. So, 3rd level would be out. Go on and start another PC...you know you want to!

rogerv
November 20th, 2013, 00:17
The bit in the PFS guide about Tier 1 modules being playable once by a 2nd level character is valid, but Trenloe's clarification was that this scenario does not qualify as a module therefore that condition does not apply meaning it's level 1 only. See the thread on GatewayTraveller's attempt to run this scenario for the full story. I'll try and add a link when I'm not accessing this from my phone.
Edit: see post #10 from the following
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19664-PFS-Master-of-the-Fallen-Fortress-Sunday-October-20th-5pm-GMT-(1pm-EDT)

Myrddin
November 20th, 2013, 00:32
Thanks Rog, I stand corrected.Ok, so 1st Level PCs only, please.

cscase
November 20th, 2013, 02:58
I would love to join you for this one. It'll be my first PFS game, and first d20 game in several years, so I'll probably ask a noobish question from time to time, if that's okay. Here's my character, a 1st level ranger. Does it look alright?

KBoom
November 20th, 2013, 02:59
Where are we standing on playtesting the new classes?

Blackfoot
November 20th, 2013, 06:16
I am looking at two options, a Gnome Barbarian or an Ifrit Cleric... depending on how the group flushes out.

I've included both of Pyros' Chronicles since his #2 is just the Ifrit Boon and doesn't include all his XP/PP/Gold information.
His information for this Chronicle is:
Player: Blackfoot
Name: Pyros
Chronicle #3
XP: 1
Fame/PP: 2/2
Starting Gold: 51gp

Pyros' Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmXMIqPPKb2UdFBvNlJlWVV6Ujc1VE9hVWliMlhnY 0E&usp=sharing)

jshauber
November 20th, 2013, 14:10
Since it is first level only, I will make a new 1st level guy for it since I have already put in for a spot.

Won't be until this evening when I get into my hotel room though.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2013, 20:01
Where are we standing on playtesting the new classes?
They are now legal for PFS play: https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lfja?New-Rules-New-Ideas-New-Stories

These classes are available for use in Pathfinder Society Organized Play immediately upon the release of the playtest document. You'll need to have a print or PDF copy of the playtest document with your character, and you'll need to incorporate any changes established by the design team or campaign staff during the playtest as well as once the final versions of the class are released in August 2014

Also, the PFS additional resources page has been updated (in red towards the bottom) to include info on use in PFS: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Class Guide Playtest

All ten classes (Arcanist, Bloodrager, Brawler, Hunter, Investigator, Shaman, Skald, Slayer, Swashbuckler, and Warpriest), as they are released, are legal for play so long as you have a print or PDF version of the playtest document. We reserve the right to change, alter, modify, or outright disallow various functions of these classes, especially during the playtest, and players using these playtest options are expected to frequently monitor the Pathfinder Society messageboards for changes while playing these classes during the playtest. You will be forced to update your character—adjusting only the features that have changed, not rebuilding entirely—once the Pathfinder RPG Advanced Class Guide is released. We strongly encourage you to use your play experience to report on what works and doesn’t work with the playtest classes on their specific messageboards on paizo.com.

Arcanist: An arcanist does not receive the Scribe Scroll feat at 3rd level.

Investigator: An investigator is treated as an alchemist for the purpose of creating alchemical items and poisons.

Skald: A Skald does not receive the Scribe Scroll feat at 1st level.

rogerv
November 20th, 2013, 22:49
Hi Jez,

Character XML for Sarinthos attached. Brand new character therefore no previous chronicle / tracking sheet.
Looking forward to this scenario actually taking place!

Cheers,
Roger

ATyger
November 20th, 2013, 23:30
I'm game, going to work on getting my XML together... I really want to join in on a PFS game, and this would possibly be my first. (So no past chronicles or item lists.) Honestly if I can wrap my head around all of this quick enough to join, I'd be so excited.

I'll edit this post once I get what is needed. Any further help would be appreciated.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2013, 23:39
I'll edit this post once I get what is needed. Any further help would be appreciated.
Recommendation - don't edit this post as it will be easy to miss - and notifications aren't sent to others subscribed to this thread with just an update. Create a new post so people have a good chance of seeing it.

Hope you get your head around it all. The PFS pages created for the last FG Con may help you: https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/

ATyger
November 20th, 2013, 23:56
No, I'm solid on PFS, it's FG 2 that I'm struggling with. Is the Pathfinder ruleset included in the 3.5 section of manage character, or do I need to pay more money for the pathfinder ruleset? I have the lite version (cause I'm not going to GM for PFS), and I'd really not like to have to pay more money. Obviously if I have to, I probably will... but still. And again, any help is welcome. I'm not new to Pathfinder in general, just online play for PFS, and obviously this software.

deguello
November 21st, 2013, 00:01
I am Game

Trenloe
November 21st, 2013, 00:20
No, I'm solid on PFS, it's FG 2 that I'm struggling with. Is the Pathfinder ruleset included in the 3.5 section of manage character, or do I need to pay more money for the pathfinder ruleset? I have the lite version (cause I'm not going to GM for PFS), and I'd really not like to have to pay more money. Obviously if I have to, I probably will... but still. And again, any help is welcome. I'm not new to Pathfinder in general, just online play for PFS, and obviously this software.
Cool. Try this link then - https://www.fg-con.com/information/pathfinder-society-organized-play/preparing-your-pc-for-fantasy-grounds/

The PF ruleset is included in the 3.5e ruleset so you don't need to purchase anything. Follow the instructions in the link to use manage characters to create your character in FG.

Myrddin
November 21st, 2013, 01:43
We now have 7 players, which is one too many. Since ATyger was first to show interest on the boards, but didn't realise that he had to sign up on the calendar, I feel it is only right that he should be able to play. Sorry, deguello, that will make you first reserve, unless anybody drops out before Saturday.

I've imported the chars posted so far. Three still outstanding.

KBoom, it's fine to go with one of the new classes if you wish.

cscase...all looked good in terms of char sheet. I'll create the most typical combat effects and class abilities (charge, power attack, favored enemy etc) for you in the Actions tab. Saves a lot of time in-game to be able to automatically apply them.

ATyger
November 21st, 2013, 01:48
Awesome. I'm still in the creation phase... mostly because my application froze on more than one occasion and I can't seem to save while creating a character. I think I may be breaking it with encumbrance at some point. If it comes down to it, I'll chalk this up to a learning curve and let Deguello take my place this time around. They're clearly the more ready of us two at the moment.

I will officially step down if I cannot get this ironed out by mid tomorrow.

KBoom
November 21st, 2013, 01:56
Awesome. Went with an arcanist for now, but bloodrager looks like fun, too. Be a fun flip from my magus!

No chronicles or inventory tracking sheet, yet, so:

PFS# - 107797-12
Faction - Andoran
Chronicle# - 1
Starting XP - 0/3
Fame/Prestige - 0/0
Starting gold - 135gp

jshauber
November 21st, 2013, 02:53
OK, Here is the new guy since he has to be 1st level. I have attached blank chronicle sheet for Mano to be used.

I'll change on the calendar.

Glad we have plenty signed up since the last session saw all but 2 of us as no-shows...hope it doesn't happen again.

ATyger
November 21st, 2013, 04:02
I'm pretty sure I'm geared to go. It was a rough way around to getting stuff done, but I now have a much firmer grasp on everything involved.

Blackfoot
November 21st, 2013, 04:42
Do we have a group makeup yet? I'm trying to figure which characters are in and which are out... I can bring my Barb if he's a better fit for the group... he's all ready to go.
The list looks like it might be:
KBoom - Sonja 1 Arcanist
jshauber - Manowarr 1 Ranger
Lord Kavos - ?? - I'm guessing he bailed after he found out he had to be level 1?
rogerv - Sarinthos 1 Wizard
cscase - Eraymos 1 Ranger
Blackfoot - Pyros 1 Ifrit Cleric (NOT a healer) OR Spirit Walker 1 Gnome Barbarian
------Alternates------
ATyger - Hoiruk 1 Dwarf Slayer
deguello - Riitta 1 Barbarian

Here are the files for Spirit Walker .. just in case.
Spirit Walker's Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmXMIqPPKb2UdF9nZ3BxOUQ3YkpyelpNS3EySHdaV UE&usp=sharing)

ATyger
November 21st, 2013, 05:04
Replace Kavos with me, and you have it. At least that was what I got from my conversation with Myrddin.

Lord Kavos
November 21st, 2013, 09:07
yea guys, im still playing a relatively new PC & want to focus on him initially, so i thought to let someone else have a crack at this adventure...

If you are short, i can play a lvl 1 half-orc Paladin, but it looks like there are 7 players signed up anyway.

ATyger
November 21st, 2013, 11:44
And I thank you for giving me the chance Kavos. You're a scholar and a gentleman!

Myrddin
November 22nd, 2013, 01:21
Ok, all chars loaded and good to go. Roster is as follows:

KBoom - Sonja 1 Arcanist
jshauber - Manowarr 1 Ranger
rogerv - Sarinthos 1 Wizard
cscase - Eraymos 1 Ranger
Blackfoot - Pyros 1 Ifrit Cleric (NOT a healer) OR Spirit Walker 1 Gnome Barbarian
ATyger - Cadynce 1 Human Investigator

Reserve:
deguello - Riitta 1 Barbarian

I'll try to have the server and teamspeak up from around 7pm if people want to check chars, load portraits and chat. I'll probably not be back at comp until much before 8pm as I need to get kids to bed, pour beer, etc!

Looking forward to 'seeing' you all on Saturday!

KBoom
November 23rd, 2013, 16:04
Slight change since they're going to completely revamp the Arcanist. I'd like to go with my brand new BloodRAGER (rawr!), if that's okay. Thanks!

Myrddin
November 23rd, 2013, 19:10
Server & TS up:

able ally firm seal

I'll be back at comp just before 8pm

cscase
November 24th, 2013, 01:02
Thanks very much to Myrddin for a very fun session, and thanks to everyone else for a great time. It was a pleasure to play with each of you! I learned a lot and had a great time. Thanks again!

Scott

Myrddin
November 24th, 2013, 02:23
Thanks everybody. That was great fun for me to run...a little daunting at times as my first PFS GM'ing session, but great fun!

Draft chronicle sheets attached. Please check, update any sales / purchases and send them back to me to sign.

KBoom
November 24th, 2013, 07:34
That was seriously your first PFS GM'ing session? You did great! I had a blast, as well. Was a lot of fun today.

Blackfoot
November 24th, 2013, 07:59
Pyros would like to make the following Sales and Purchases on Chronicle #3:
Sell Masterwork Studded Leather Armor (Level 1 Refit): 175gp
Purchase Leaf Armor: 500gp
Purchase Masterwork Heavy Wooden Shield: 157gp
Net Purchases: 482gp
Final Gold: 58gp

Myrddin
November 25th, 2013, 00:45
Signed chronicle sheets for Talia and Pyros.

jshauber
November 25th, 2013, 04:50
No purchases for Manofwarr at this time.

rogerv
November 25th, 2013, 13:25
No purchases for Sarinthos.

Myrddin
November 25th, 2013, 20:09
Three remaining signed chronicle sheets.

Blackfoot
November 28th, 2013, 06:39
I thought I was right but I finally got the chance to look it up for those of you who were wondering...

During these times, you can attempt a trained Craft, Perform, or Profession check to see how much extra money you earn—this is called a Day Job check.
The skill needs to be 'trained'.