PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Hero Slayers

TheShroud
November 19th, 2013, 13:55
Hello Fellow FGers!!!

We have sat down and thought up Xtreme Hero Slayers (https://m4po30.wix.com/xtreme-hero-slayers). The idea is players on FG can create a savage worlds character and compete in a gladiatorial tournament. It won't be as simple as just one on one fights, there will be survival rounds, team death matches, and even dungeon crawls where players must survive each other and the dungeons traps.

In the end only one FGer's character will remain and be crowned the champion. The idea is that you as players from all over the globe can compete. And with just te right amount of skill and luck your character might just be that winner. Whats the prize? for your character he becomes immortal and for you, bragging rights (within good sportsmanship of course).

This post is to get a feel for who would be interested in this FG adventure/game. if you want to learn more about this game and what all will be involved please check out https://m4po30.wix.com/xtreme-hero-slayers for more details.

We aren't ready to start the tournament at this time we are still getting the tournament designed and set up. We really just want to find out if players would be interested in competing. Feel free to let me know on here, or on the site as well.

Thanks and see you soon heroes.

Blahness98
November 19th, 2013, 22:14
You know, I had a similar idea to this using the hunger games as the premise. Depending on the times, I could be interested in this...

TheShroud
November 19th, 2013, 22:40
thank you for the interest, and thats part of our concept, literally its a combination of survivor, hunger games, and mortal combat. One week you may be teamed up with other players that later on you will have to kill, and next week you might be pitted against serval players in an "everyone for himself" match. Then you could end up fighting in a classic gladiator match. Each week will change and will be designed to be both fun, challenging, and bring a PVP environment to the game. In the end their can only be one (just like Highlander)

I really hope that many more players are interested in playing I mean as of now we wont limit how many people can enter the tournament. and the more the better we can really get crazy with things the more who show interest so spread the word. and if you are interested in contributing ideas to build the tournament let me know as well. I am always welcoming to ideas.

Blahness98
November 20th, 2013, 03:16
The question I have is, once you are killed off, are you able to come back or are you done with the game? Or is this a points game with clerics at the ready to being the fallen back to life?

TheShroud
November 20th, 2013, 06:36
to be honest the original idea would be a tournament not necessarily a campaign of sorts, once your character is defeated he would be out of the tournament (either dead or sent back to his realm) it gives it a bit of fire. I want the winner to feel like he truly survived a challenge and accomplished something. But if that would be a deal breaker for players on large scale, and prevent most people from joining, then we would consider designing a point system/ or ranking as well.

We have been discussing the option of doing a ranking system so the player with the most wins is crowned the victor. If that would create more interest within the community let me know. Our goal is to get players competing in fun/ friendly matches on a "world championship scale" May the best player (the guy/ gal with the right skills and "dice gods" on his or her side) win.

We would really like to see more feed back on this idea. the only way we can get this right and get the community interested is if we know what would excite and interest everyone.

Thanks for the great question Blahness98, let me know your preference

TheShroud
November 20th, 2013, 06:38
Also our original idea for it being an elimination tournament, was so it wouldn't interfere with players who are in ongoing campaigns for a long period of time. ALso if the tournament went well and everyone enjoyed it we would plan more tourney's to follow. So players would have other opportunities to become champion.

Isamill
November 20th, 2013, 07:31
would we need the savage worlds ruleset?

TheShroud
November 20th, 2013, 13:09
No we have those settings and we would schedule time frames to allow players to create their characters.

Blahness98
November 20th, 2013, 15:29
f the characters are purely built only for the tourney, then if they die it is no big deal. I could see the winner coming back the next tournament to defend his/her title. That way the feeling of the hunger games/mortal kombat stays around.

If these are characters are from actual campaigns or part of an ongoing session and by going to the tournament they risk dying, then it would probably be better for a points system to be in place. But even then, it wouldn't matter because it would just
be a copy of the character.

It would be interesting for it to be an elimination tourney and having the final battle being webcast or something similar for those that were eliminated earlier to see the final game and see the winner crowned.

But whatever way you go, count me in.

TheShroud
November 20th, 2013, 15:48
Whether ur ideal character is one u already have or brand new these character would only be affected in the tourney. Meaning if ur warrior is from a pre existing campaign and dies here he would still be fine in ur other campaign. I have no control over other campaigns.

The elimination idea is our original thought. And the final match could definitely be web casted.

TheShroud
November 21st, 2013, 14:12
Hello fellow FGers,

I see there have been a few views, and 2 players responded but the real question I have is are there more people interested in the tournament? If more people are interested, we will begin more planning. Our Goal is to have the tournament ready to begin after the Super Bowl. But before we start pouring more hours into development and structuring, we'd like to have note of is there an interest by you guys.

grimm182
November 21st, 2013, 19:17
This also interests me, I think it would be helpful to present it like an real event. Post the date and time of the first event and then list the rules of that event. Then people can apply/sign up for that event based on what works for them.

My experiences running a NWN Persistent World tells me that players need to know that final rule calls are done by the GM...PVP seems to make things really personal even on characters that are not in your typical campaign. :)

TheShroud
November 21st, 2013, 22:55
Thank you for your input Grimm we will begin doing that, there is some information on the website already so if you want to see it feel free to check it out.

Currently there are three of us who will be running the events and at all times one of us will be directing and overseeing the players during each of the challenges. I totally agree and just like any other competition there has to be someone who is impartial.

and though we know everyone wants win we would be running this tournament (and possible future tournaments) on the grounds of good sportsmanship. If you feel something went wrong it will be brought to all 3 of the GMs and we will discuss and decide best course of action. No slandering or hateful remarks will be allowed out of character (in-character is slightly different story ;) lol)

As of now our goal is to get things started some time after the Super Bowl this way we have time to prepare the different rounds and rules.

One final note: though we all love our characters we make. No one should enter the tournament if they aren't prepared to lose. because whats great about savage worlds is players are generally equal, and it usually will come down to who has the luck of the dice (well that and who makes the most strategic moves).

Isamill
November 23rd, 2013, 01:20
Depending on timing for us Downunder, count me in as I think it would be fun - hearkens to the days where we used to run something similar called a Bar room brawl with about twenty competitors and a GM/Referee

TheShroud
November 23rd, 2013, 13:58
lol that sounds fun, i must learn more about that, maybe it will give me some ideas for our new tournament.

We would definitely like to ensure all competitors are able to participate the plan is to have different time frames and dates for competitors to battle.

and a side note I love Aussies you guys rock, and I have yet to meet an Aussie who isn't funny. (same thing about the Irish)

thehorrors
November 23rd, 2013, 18:14
I'm interested in this as well