PDA

View Full Version : Games for the New Year

Valarian
November 18th, 2013, 22:39
Two games planned to start in the New Year, after my current Numenéra game finishes.

The One Ring: A Gathering Storm - Fridays 8pm UK time
The year is 2989. Balin, one of the Dwarves under the Mountain and companion to Thorin Oakenshield when he retook the kingdom, is recruiting for a return to the Dwarven stronghold of Khazad Dum. The Darkness within Mirkwood has grown to old levels, known whilst the Necromancer was in power and Dol Guldur is again a place of fear and foul rumour. To the west, the lands of the old kingdoms are becoming increasingly hazardous to travel. To the south, on the plains of Rohan, Wild Men struggle for control of the West March - raiding their old lands. In Gondor, the grim Steward Denethor grieves for his wife and faces the old foe of his people in a newly ascendant realm of Mordor. This is a time where a name can be made, in death or glory. A time when a stand against the gathering storm must be made, or all Middle-earth may fall in to darkness.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1109

Night's Black Agents: Conspiracy X - Sundays 8pm UK time
You have been part of the establishment, part of the system. You have heard the rumours, the stories, and always you have written them off as the delusions of conspiracy or survival nuts' paranoia. However, recent events would seem to indicate that there's some truth to the conspiracies. They are here ... whoever they are ... and they are watching you. You've stumbled across something you shouldn't have. You're burned and out in the cold. But you have your skills, you have your contacts. You need to bring them down before you're removed from the board.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1108

Valarian
November 29th, 2013, 15:13
I will be running character creation sessions in the next couple of weeks for these.I'd like to at least get an idea of characters and a bio/background for them before Christmas so I can start thinking of the campaign.

For the Night's Black Agents game, the documents that the characters have stumbled across are to do with Roswell, Majestic and a project called Black Book.

Valarian
December 3rd, 2013, 12:25
Character building sessions this coming weekend (Fri & Sun), plus a follow-up character building session next week (if needed).
The campaigns will run from the New Year to Easter.

Valarian
December 4th, 2013, 17:15
All the slots now filled for the Night's Black Agents game on Sundays. Character creation for that this coming Sunday (8th Dec) and starting on January 5th.

There are still 3 slots available on The One Ring game on Fridays. Character creation will be done this Friday (6th) and a start of the game on the 3rd January.

Valarian
December 5th, 2013, 18:10
Character creation session tomorrow (Friday 6th Dec) for The One Ring game. There are still spaces left.

Valarian
December 6th, 2013, 08:30
Character creation for The One Ring: A Gathering Storm tonight. This session is where we will be discussing the themes that the group want to pursue and creating the characters to fit the story. The adventures are yet to be written, will you be the ones to write them?

Karrth
December 13th, 2013, 11:38
is it too late to apply for the one ring game?

Valarian
December 13th, 2013, 14:15
Karrth, not at all. I've had a drop-out due to time conflicts. I can push the number of players to 7 with The One Ring, which works with larger parties. I don't really want to go over that though.
I'm running a session tonight at 8pm UK time if you want to connect and go through character options.
Alternatively, there's an on-line character generator at https://azrapse.es/tor/sheet.html

The company currently consists of:
Mavir, "Feral" (Woodmen of Wilderland, Warden)
Perry Bracegirdle (Hobbit of the Shire, Treasure Seeker)
Veyren (Man of Lake-town, Slayer of Orcs)
Daegal (Woodmen of Wilderland, Wanderer)
Rathlyn (Elf of Mirkwood, Slayer of Orcs)
Torvin (Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain, Slayer of Orcs)

I'll be starting the campaign at The Easterly Inn, in the northern regions of the Beorning lands, near to the entrance to the Elf Path. For those without Tales of Wilderland, the inn is run by two Hobbit brothers and their families. The inn is popular with travellers making their way around Mirkwood as a last stop in civilisation before Dale/Erebor.

What is known:
After the Battle of the Five Armies in 2941 there were ten years where it looked as if the curse of Mirkwood was slowly lifting. Since 2951, the forest has grown darker again. Now the forest is as dangerous as it ever was during the reign of the Necromancer in Dol Guldur. There is talk that the Necromancer has returned, though noone knows for sure. Certainly the old orc strongholds in the southern reaches of Mirkwood are again populated. Spider and wolves roam the forest freely. The hunting of game west of the Dusky River is more dangerous. East of the river, hunting will rarely produce an edible haul - even if the hunting party make it back to Woodmen territory.

Karrth
December 13th, 2013, 17:32
I will unfortunately not be able to make it tonight but I can have the character for you tomorrow, along with a small background and bio.