PDA

View Full Version : v3.0 Core - Rudimentary Windows Reference for Modules

Ardem
November 18th, 2013, 03:12
Just wondering will Core have a rudimentary windows reference for monster module to drag and drop ability, or will i have to be coded in like 3.5 is?

To clarify will you be able to quickly make a monster module like this from 3.5, in a module to drag and drop into the NPC section of core. Or the basic elements to create a equipment module.

<aboleth>
<librarylink type="windowreference"><class>npc</class><recordname>..</recordname></librarylink>
<name type="string">Aboleth</name>
<type type="string">Huge Aberration (Aquatic)</type>
<hd type="string">8d8+40</hd>
<speed type="string">10 ft. (2 squares), swim 60 ft.</speed>
<ac type="string">16 (-2 size, +1 Dex, +7 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 15</ac>
<babgrp type="string">+6/+22</babgrp>
<atk type="string">Tentacle +12 melee (1d6+8 plus slime)</atk>
<fullatk type="string">4 tentacles +12 melee (1d6+8 plus slime)</fullatk>
<spacereach type="string">15 ft./10 ft.</spacereach>
<specialattacks type="string">Enslave, psionics, slime</specialattacks>
<specialqualities type="string">Aquatic subtype, darkvision 60 ft., mucus cloud</specialqualities>
<skills type="string">Concentration +16, Knowledge (any one) +13, Listen +16, Spot +16, Swim +8</skills>
<feats type="string">Alertness, Combat Casting, Iron Will</feats>
<environment type="string">Underground</environment>
<organization type="string">Solitary, brood (2-4),or slaver brood (1d3+1 plus 7-12 skum)</organization>
<treasure type="string">Double standard</treasure>

cscase
November 21st, 2013, 15:10
Hey Ardem,This thread has a great guide on building library modules:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?12948-Extensive-library-module-documentation-for-those-starting-out

Based on what I've read here on the forums, I think all of this should still be applicable in 3.0, except for one thing: The part about the differences between naming the file (common.xml, client.xml). I think Moon has said that in 3.0, all modules will behave in the same way regardless of how the file is named, in that the host determines which modules are accessible to the players and any he grants access to will be downloaded. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I've not quite got this right.)

Anyway, in the guide above, SoulOfTheReaver shows how you can create links to NPCs, items, images, etc., and by doing that you could set up a monster manual/bestiary type module. Is that what you were looking to find out, or did I totally miss the point of your question?

Ardem
November 23rd, 2013, 22:03
Thanks so much for the link