PDA

View Full Version : New PFS DM - what to run???

Lord Kavos
November 17th, 2013, 01:23
Hi all,

One of your new FG Con new recruits here...

Think I'm almost ready to repay the favor & start running a few PFS scenarios for you lot...

Looking for ideas on which adventures to run.

I'm an experienced DM, old triad member from the living greyhawk days, so well aware of the needs & issues of organized play. Just though it was about time to start putting back so to speak, I have put my hand up.

Love FG , started parsing a few adventures for my home group, so think I have an idea what to do, just wanted to know which PFS scenarios to start with. Happy to try some of the latest ones, will probably start with a low lvl one & if that goes well ill move on to the higher tiers for the more experienced players / dms.

So what suggestions do you have?

Cheers,

Andrew

RobG
November 17th, 2013, 09:22
I generally just pick one that looks interesting to me and search the forum to see if it's been played recently.

You can also post a vote of scenarios you'd like to sun like Skellen did here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19835-PFS-Vote-for-a-scenario-Sunday-10th-November-6-00pm-GMT

I'm keen on anything I haven't done already if I can make the time-slot.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19988974/PFS/ScenariosPlayed.txt

Nice to have another GM :-) Not sure what happened to all the American GM's, seems like mostly Hawkwind and Skellen running games at the moment.

Skellan
November 17th, 2013, 18:02
Hey great to see you gming.

Yeah, if you look through the game announcements thread, you should be able to find something that hasn't run before. Ultimately I would just go for what you fancy. Perhaps something without funny npc templates as it will make it easy to build the module etc in fg. Up to you though.

Once you get set up right, gming on fg is actually easier than tabletop

If there's anything I can do to help just let me know

Good Luck

Lord Kavos
November 21st, 2013, 12:22
Ok, have spent some time researching various Season 3-5 adventures as possible options, then finding that my recent DMs Rob G, Talen & Skellan have already played them...

So I have looked a bit further back & found a 3-part series I dont think you guys have played...

2-15: Shades of Ice—Part I: Written in Blood - Written in Blood is the first scenario in the three-part Shades of Ice campaign arc. It continues in Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-17: Shades of Ice—Part II: Exiles of Winter and concludes in Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-19: Shades of Ice—Part III: Keep of the Huscarl King. All three scenarios are intended to be played in order.

What do you guys think? I know there will be other players interested, but wanted to offer an opportunity for the regular DMs to play for a change...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pathfinder Society Scenario #2-15: Shades of Ice—Part I: Written in Blood

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1-2 and 4-5).
When the Decemvirate sends the PCs to the Viking city of Trollheim in the frigid northern Lands of the Linnorm Kings to deliver a package to an allied scholar there, the Pathfinders soon find themselves unwelcome visitors. Forced to navigate the rugged, isolated city and interact with the standoffish natives, can they deliver their cargo to its target, or will they find themselves exiled from the city... or worse?

RobG
November 21st, 2013, 12:50
Sounds great to me if I can make the time, will be a bit more difficult than usual for the next two months though. It's that time of the year...

Lord Kavos
November 21st, 2013, 23:05
will buy the pdfs & start parsing - will try to organise the sessions so you can play Rob, so let me know your availabilities...same for you guys Skellan & Talen too.

Skellan
November 21st, 2013, 23:46
sounds great to me. I havent done them
I am usually always busy alternate fridays and every thursday

Lord Kavos
November 22nd, 2013, 00:26
Will work out a date/ time that suits you guys - just give me some time to parse them first!

RobG
November 22nd, 2013, 09:34
Up till November 6th I could do a Monday, Wednesday or Friday evening from 8pm GMT to 11pm GMT. Can't start earlier since I don't get home from work till around 7:30pm.

I could do this Saturday 23rd I guess but not Sunday. I can do anytime on Saturday 30th November or Sunday 1st December.

A friend is coming to stay with us from 6th December until the 20th so I'm reluctant to commit to anything in this time. My Wife's birthday is on the 21st so that's out and I have my bi-weekly Rise of the Runelords game on Sunday 22nd.

Could fit in a slot between December 23rd and 26th since I'm on holiday. Then on December 27th I'm going to Australia until January 20th so won't be available during this time.

Lord Kavos
November 22nd, 2013, 10:06
no probs Rob, will try to work a time that works for you...

will see how im going with the parsing of part 1 - may look to run it on the 30th Nov or the 1st Dec.

will get back to you on that.