PDA

View Full Version : Numenera with 3.0?

Mgrancey
November 11th, 2013, 04:38
I am curious about the status of Numenera, I haven't seen much in the way of what's going on with it, but have seen that it is available with the 3.0 test version. I seriously like Numenera and wasn't sure who was working on the code. If they would like assistance, I am willing to help with module creation as well, and possibly with coding though I don't really know LUA right now and with christmas most likely won't have much free time until after its over. Module creation is easy enough I find it relaxing to work on while watching or listening to something else.

Anyways I cracked open rulesset pak, so I know there isn't any code for the library right now, but content can be put together and organized though.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2013, 05:07
I'm working on the Numenera ruleset for my bi-weekly game. We just started last week.

I haven't added specific module support yet, though the basic reference classes are inherited from the CoreRPG layer and the item/NPC structures should be fairly stable.

The main thing to figure out is what can be provided publicly as a module. I know that the full data can not be provided without a publisher agreement, but I thought I saw somewhere that they allow some fan data reuse. I think it's just the list of abilities and items, but no descriptive text. Similar to the online character generators that have sprung up.

We have reached out to Monte Cook Games, but have not heard anything yet. Hoping to do something with The Strange system too.

Cheers,
JPG

Valarian
November 11th, 2013, 13:40
The Strange Kickstarter is offering support for Roll20 as a stretch goal, so I'm not sure if this is the preferred route for them. The character sheet that I've done for 2.9.x is apparently okay under the Fan license agreement, so I can't see an issue with the basic sheet(s) for 3.0. You do need to "register" the usage and include the relevant text. I've put the short-form in the chat log announcement and the longer form in the license.html.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2013, 22:45
I've reached out to the guys there to do something official, but the current ruleset uses a similar approach as 4E (i.e. no data).

If we decide to add the data later, I believe that we can add the Community Use text to the modules containing the data, and register at that time.

Cheers,
JPG

Ardem
November 18th, 2013, 04:21
Not sure if you intended this however, your progression of Numenera, is helping me with building my own ruleset. The reason being the ruleset at the moment is in it infancy and it not weighed down with all the functionality of 3.5e or 4.0. so I am finding it easier to work out also how to build the ruleset by watching it progression. I already made some changes in the use of the new merge rules based on this.

You should use this as a test case for other ruleset makers. Or details notes in the ruleset would be awesome.

Thanks again JPG.

Mgrancey
November 19th, 2013, 07:23
I really appreciate the Numenera ruleset, and am working on inputting some of the basic stuff for it under FG creatures, random tables, and images soon; but here is a couple of suggestions if you get the chance or it wouldn't be too hard to add/fix.

Cyphers: altering the slot cost to being anoetic or occultic, click switchable like the item type.
Artifacts: adding a depeletion row: # in d#; such that a person could simply click the depletion die field box and it would roll and respond.
NPC/Creatures 2 things:an inbuilt link to an image & altered boxes for most of fields, so that multiple lines can be displayed easier.

I am not sure how, but considering looking at setting up reference texts to use/display sidebar tagged items, as such.