PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5E epic campaign

Garignak
November 10th, 2013, 05:27
I would be interested in joining an epic campaign if anyone is planning on running one. I've never played an epic character and have wanted to for awhile now. My timezone is -5 US EST.

Garignak
January 24th, 2014, 09:46
No one interested?

KingofKlubs
January 24th, 2014, 12:46
The problem with epic campaigns is that they can be a real chore to run, especially if epic spell casting is used. My campaign ran deep into the epic levels and while at times it was really fun, it also provided some of the biggest headaches in my GMing career. Besides all those increased numbers (BaB, wealth totals, AC scores etc) there isn't really a lot of difference to the standard 1-20 levels in ways of storytelling or fun mechanics. The only difference is some of the monsters get really insane (and I mean bat s**t, off the wall crazy) and epic spell casting allows for the creation of unique spells which are best left out of the hands of the power gamer as it will allow the occasional over-the-top god-like act which makes the unprepared GM's jaw drop and fumble nervously with his notes for a minute.
Keep looking for a game, by all means, Im just providing an explanation as to why some GM's wont jump at the chance.

Garignak
April 8th, 2014, 09:27
I suppose that could be a problem. I've just always been curious and wanted to try an epic campaign.