PDA

View Full Version : Problem with tab modifiers for players when they leave the game.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 8th, 2013, 19:37
I created a video to show the problem I'm having and I wonder if there is any solution.
I create modifiers in different groups and let it all right for the players, but when he leaves the game and returns the flaps of different groups of modifiers to the player disappears and everything is mixed in a single tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exz08RUq16s

saithan
November 9th, 2013, 07:22
that is not really a bug, that has always been that way. it doesn't hold tabs to the players.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 9th, 2013, 10:40
I understand :cry:

Thanks for the help :)

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 9th, 2013, 12:50
Leveraging the topicI have one more question how do I voteFor example I put a fork and players do not have much time to decide what they will do.Then the chat I give the following command:/ vote for x checkmark to the left and rightThe option to vote appears to players but only appears when they click the checkmark and nothing X.

saithan
November 9th, 2013, 16:24
whe you use /vote <subject>
you will see: username <subject> and a number of circles acording to the number of players connected....
each player that votes clicks on the circle and leaves an anonimous check mark.

as you see in the images 2 of the three players voted yes to the question.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
November 9th, 2013, 16:42
So to say that the X box without checkmark means the opposite of?

saithan
November 9th, 2013, 16:52
I do not understand what you mean. the circle whithout the check means that 1 of the three players did not cast a vote which can either mean their answer was "no" or they do not care.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2013, 19:40
So to say that the X box without checkmark means the opposite of?
EDIT: Looks like GURPS does not have the extra X state as mentioned below, only Tick or blank.

In some rulesets there are 3 states for the player votes - blank, tick, cross. Click the tick again and it should change to a cross, click the cross and it should change to blank. Basically - Blank <click> Tick <click> Cross <click> Blank, etc..

saithan
November 9th, 2013, 20:42
thanks trenloe I never knew that about other rulesets.

Dakadin
November 10th, 2013, 00:05
Saithan it is actually really easy to add it. In the gameelements.xml file there is another icon listed for the pollbox. Here is a sample with the extra icon:

<pollbox>
<frame name="diebox" />
<margin value="21" numbertailmargin="10" />
<icons empty="poll_empty" positive="poll_check" negative="poll_negative" />
</pollbox>