PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Scenario #4–14: My Enemy's Enemy 8pm GMT Thursday 14th November

hawkwind
November 8th, 2013, 07:57
Someone in the city of Magnimar is committing crimes and leaving evidence implicating the Pathfinder Society. It falls to the Pathfinders to get to the bottom of it, and what they find may signal the resurgence of an enemy thought long defeated.

levels 3-7
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1104

I will try and get the game done in one session but if there is a need fo a second session it will be early next week

please post your xml files inventory sheets and your most recent chronicle sheet

Rescheduled time: Now Thursday the 14th 8pm GMT

RobG
November 8th, 2013, 14:45
The calendar link doesn't work. Better change the thread title if the day is changed since it's pretty confusing.

Anyway if this is on Thursday I'll play using either Pyro Rogue 2/Sorcerer 1 or Eyrie Evangelist(Cleric) 7

hawkwind
November 8th, 2013, 18:34
I tried changing the tread title with out success

RobG
November 8th, 2013, 19:13
You can edit the title of the first post.

hawkwind
November 9th, 2013, 06:20
the forum God's have sorted it all out

RobG
November 9th, 2013, 14:53
Cool,

I've tidied up Eyrie's files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cum7ishbz9yvwzo/1DGMGL66CO

She'll buy a +2 Headband of Inspired Wisdom for 4000gp at the start of the game. I put it on her tracking sheet.

She can summon a Hound Archon twice a day as a Standard Action so I've got a xml file for the Archon.

Pyro's files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bi4gmccrmhbonbw/WF9LLuS2xA

I've attached their xml files in case you have trouble downloading the one's on dropbox.

Seems only light license holders can have local characters and select them without you importing an xml file.

hawkwind
November 9th, 2013, 21:44
I will try losing these files up the next time I am in front of my PC, just need a few players now

Lord Kavos
November 11th, 2013, 07:24
I only have a 2nd level PC - so don't think I can
Play him in this one...or can I ?

Otherwise I can play a pregen if u need numbers

hawkwind
November 11th, 2013, 07:37
yes you can pay a pre-gen

Lord Kavos
November 11th, 2013, 07:43
How does the credit work for my PC? Also, what role does the party need?

Lord Kavos
November 11th, 2013, 08:34
Looks like a tank or cleric is needed

Twodogz
November 11th, 2013, 09:10
Looks like a tank or cleric is needed

I think you should come as the only guy with a Cure Light Wounds wand like last time .... roflmfao.

hawkwind
November 11th, 2013, 13:45
How does the credit work for my PC? Also, what role does the party need? you get a sheet for a new or current first level character and you get all the xp. prestige and gold when the new character hits level 3

hawkwind
November 11th, 2013, 13:57
a lot of people have their names down on the calendar but hven't posted the relevant files for their PFS character, unless you are playing a generic i need sight of these before I accept you as playing

Nickademus
November 11th, 2013, 20:00
I will be available for this.

Before the adventure, I will want to purchase a Haversack (as I forgot to do it at the end of the last one).

hawkwind
November 12th, 2013, 07:51
good to see you and your files...other players you have signed up at the calender won't be accepted til they have posted similar files

Lord Kavos
November 12th, 2013, 10:46
Looking at the party makeup ill be playing the cleric iconic. Can u post, point out where I can find it or email me the XML so I can have a look at it?

Beerholder
November 12th, 2013, 12:17
Sent you a PM, Hawkwind.

hawkwind
November 12th, 2013, 12:21
Killian has just contacted me and will be playing on Thursday

Lord Kavos, have a look in this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-(FG-format)
they need some TLC before playing with any of them

KBoom
November 12th, 2013, 23:37
Soon as I get the chronicle from today I'll throw her in the thread here.

KBoom
November 13th, 2013, 04:56
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b12ki3hfi0b8ce9/Vidia.xml
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj2e5r1arb9dzfq/Vidia%20Tracking%20Sheet.pdf
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fw59lm0t0x4w7uh/4_01Rise%20of%20the%20Goblin%20Guild%20-%20Vidia.pdf

Lord Kavos
November 13th, 2013, 09:52
Hi all,

Sorry I have to pull out of this session, my father has an appointment at the hospital that I only just found out about, right in the middle of the session (my time) & I have to take him.

Sorry again, hope to play with you guys n gals again sometime...

hawkwind
November 13th, 2013, 21:38
Hope everything goes alright for your dad Lord Kavos

hawkwind
November 13th, 2013, 21:41
Kboom, your xml file doesn't load nto fantasy grounds or at least not my version of it, I had the same problem with one of Robg's characters last week that now loads fine, perhaps he can tell you what he did to tidy it up

Beerholder still waiting for the xml file and inventory sheet

RobG
November 13th, 2013, 23:48
I didn't do anything to my file. It's the same xml file.

KBoom
November 14th, 2013, 01:03
Built her from scratch in FG, so maybe this one will work? The first one was an export from HeroLab. If this one doesn't work, I don't know what else to do. Maybe a .hlfg file would work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b12ki3hfi0b8ce9/Vidia.xml

Twodogz
November 14th, 2013, 03:01
Trying to join this session but have withdrawn application for the moment as I can't get into my character sheet to be able to update it and submit (it needs as few changes as I just hit lvl3).

If anyone could help I posted here:
ISSue Resolved

If I can get it fixed I can submit character and play.

Cheers,
TD.

Skellan
November 14th, 2013, 03:40
My usual Thursday night session has been cancelled, so would it be ok if I looked in to see if there's room? I'd just play a pregen to suit the party :)

Lord Kavos
November 14th, 2013, 04:39
take my spot in this one Skellan - i pulled out yesterday...

Beerholder
November 14th, 2013, 07:19
Sorry, I though I sent the dropbox link to your PM. I'll post it here.

hawkwind
November 14th, 2013, 07:37
umm too many people

hawkwind
November 14th, 2013, 07:53
The calander shows who I have accepted, I have taken people on the basis people in my regular game, and who has supplied all an xml, chronicle sheet and inventory sheetSorry to to topdogz and Skellan, another time maybe/

Skellan
November 14th, 2013, 14:19
Yeah that's fine. I wasnt really expecting to play

hawkwind
November 14th, 2013, 16:39
check near the time to see if someone cancels Skellan
smelly gate scrawny monk server going up

hawkwind
November 14th, 2013, 20:01
check near the time to see if someone cancels Skellan
smelly gate scrawny monk server going up

room for a little one if people are quick, one players droped out

Nickademus
November 14th, 2013, 23:57
Hakeem's only purchase:

upgrade masterwork scimitar to a +1 scimitar (2,000 gp)

Beerholder
November 15th, 2013, 00:32
How much gold are we getting? Depending on the amount, I may get a Mithril Chain Shirt +1.

Lord Kavos
November 15th, 2013, 01:22
Hope the game went well...my dads all good, checkup went fine.

Skellan
November 15th, 2013, 02:04

Awesome

Skellan
November 15th, 2013, 02:04
Sorry I missed this, I presumed it was full

Nickademus
November 15th, 2013, 05:10
How much gold are we getting? Depending on the amount, I may get a Mithril Chain Shirt +1.

1,304 plus Day Job for level 3-4. Don't remember the level 5 (out-of-tier) amount.

Beerholder
November 15th, 2013, 14:00

Much relieved to hear that. Cheers!

1,304 plus Day Job for level 3-4. Don't remember the level 5 (out-of-tier) amount.

Hrmm.. not enough, I see. In that case I think I will go with a Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000gp)

hawkwind
November 15th, 2013, 15:25
Right went to bed got up six hours later and now I'm home with the house to my self for hour or two before I pick up the kids....so first of a bit of flavour text i forget to give you all in the indecent rush to end the game so i could go to bed....this is a letter found on the big bad evil guys at the end

To Titus Terliss, Riddleport:
Your dedication to the Shadow Lodge’s true cause is impressive, Titus, especially after that
fool Torch made his little deal with the Decemvirate and ended our growing rebellion within the
society’s ranks. As the Pathfinder Society builds its renown in Magnimar through the efforts
of Sheila Heidmarch and her lapdog of a husband, there stands a very real possibility of
them gaining more influence in Varisia than we can counter. Thus, you must sever their growing
reputation at its roots. You will find held in your name at the Gold Goblin a chest, accessible
with the enclosed key. The funds within should more than cover what you need to make your way
to Magnimar to begin your mission of sabotage and slander.
Ingratiate yourself with one of the city’s many Sczarni gangs—use the enclosed forgeries to
verify your standing within a family here in Riddleport—and operate as Sczarni in all ways.
Do not reveal your affiliation with the Shadow Lodge or that you know me in any way!
First engage in a whispering campaign against the Pathfinders at Heidmarch Manor.
Make the people of Magnimar distrust the Pathfinders so that the next part of your mission
will be better believed. Once they’ve been slandered sufficiently, follow up with a series of
thefts, concentrating on objects of historical significance. Leave false evidence implicating the
Pathfinder Society—wayfinders, volumes of the Pathfinder Chronicles, whatever.
I will be working with the Sczarni you infiltrate to import a new, deadly, hybrid narcotic
into Magnimar’s underworld, which you will ultimately blame on the Pathfinder Society and
Sheila Heidmarch. Don’t use this pesh should you encounter any of it, rather let the Sczarni
be my puppets.
While your operations should not need further involvement from me, should you need my
assistance in the event of an emergency I can be reached via the city’s Aspis Consortium
chapterhouse and Varisia’s other gold agent, Maiveer Sloan. Do not go to him unless you
absolutely must, for my involvement in both the Shadow Lodge insurrection and my position as
an Aspis Consortium agent must never come to light. I trust you to destroy this letter upon
reading it to prevent that fact from reaching anyone but you.
Weave your web in stealth and guile,
The Spider

the bare bones chronicle sheet is coming up next, fill in your details and purchases and i will check and sign them off. Don't forget to update your Inventory sheets and no I don't want to see them

thanks for playing last night and apologies for rushing the end bit

hawkwind
November 15th, 2013, 15:47
attached is a draft chronicle sheet, fill them out with your details and any purchases and post them back here for me to check against your previous sheet and to sign off

your job rolls are as follows according to the chat log

Nickademus (Hakeem): ** DAY JOBS **
Sassan: [SKILL] Survival [1d20+10 = 12]
Pyro: [SKILL] Craft (alchemy) [MOD:INT] [1d20+9 = 20]
Vidia: [SKILL] Craft (alchemy) [MOD:INT] (+6) [1d20+15 = 28]
Hakeem: [SKILL] Appraise (Qadira boon +2) [1d20+9 = 14]
Hakeem: [SKILL] Appraise (Qadira boon +2) [1d20+9 = 17]
Campaign saved.
Hakeem: [SKILL] Appraise (Qadira boon +2) [1d20+9 = 28]

personally my PFS characters don't do any thing so mundane as work for a living, its not what heroes do

Nickademus
November 15th, 2013, 17:53

hawkwind
November 15th, 2013, 18:14
one down four to go, next!

KBoom
November 15th, 2013, 23:08
Here we go

Beerholder
November 16th, 2013, 00:28
Sassan's

RobG
November 16th, 2013, 14:06
Here's Pyro's. He's not buying anything, saving up to get a Wand of Scorching Ray :-P

hawkwind
November 17th, 2013, 06:14
just one to go

Killian
November 18th, 2013, 21:50
Thanks again for the game, here is Haematite with a shiny new braid :)

hawkwind
November 20th, 2013, 07:54
I'll have it ready for thursday's game, see you then hopefully....