PDA

View Full Version : Hero Lab for Castles & Crusades

dberkompas
November 7th, 2013, 00:21
Figured I'd start a new thread, so I don't completely hijack the testing thread.
(LOVE FG 3/C&C)

https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45590

How to install the plug-in, if you own the authoring kit, all files are linked there as well.

This converter will now do Attributes, player name, character name, Primary/Secondary listing, gender, and race.

I really think this is all coming together nicely.

EDIT: Doesn't compute final attribute value if racial bonus is applied. Fixed but not uploaded as of Nov. 5, 2013

BoomerET

dberkompas
November 7th, 2013, 07:53
See link in first post, Ruby code for converter.

Final attribute value now correct, accounting for racial bonus.

dberkompas
November 11th, 2013, 05:49
Just did a slight overhaul of the base code. Anytime anything relating to attributes (mods, bonus, primary/secondary) I was recalculating it.

Now I calculate it one, and save it in the program.

Doing this helped remove 500+ lines of code, which also makes the code easier to follow (should the need happen).

I've also updated the Character converter. Guess it's time to start putting version information in that as well.

dberkompas
November 12th, 2013, 19:30
I've started putting in abilities. All the abilities for Classes are now in. They don't have any descriptions, but if they have an attribute in parenthesis, then it's been added, and will be caught by the converter.

Next will be the Race abilities. I really thing this project is coming along nicely, and hopefully will expose more people to C&C.

If you own the authoring kit and would like to help with this project, please let me know. There's a thing_abilities.user file that would love to have descriptions filled in.