PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy Ruleset v.3 (for Fantasy Grounds 3.0)

sciencephile
October 29th, 2013, 23:20
Thank you, JPG, for the cleanup of Fantasy Grounds core rules in 3.0. This has made it a lot easier to develop rulesets, by far.

I have already started creating a version 3.0 of the Dark Heresy ruleset and it is already riddled with improvements over version 2:

* Better die roll indicators for attributes and skill rolls (as opposed to double-clicking and dragging).
* Initiative. The version 3 ruleset has an initiative roller now
* Color indicators for health state (green, yellow, orange, red)
* Character sheet now has 8 tabs, instead of 7 to hold more info
* Die rolling now indicates actual success states instead of telling you what to compare to. For example, a WS check in version 2 would say the die roll and tell you what the success value is. It is up to you to determine success and degrees of success or failure. The version 3 ruleset calculates and reports this for you

See the attached screen shots to see the version 3 main tab of the ruleset.

Until next status report,

Danny

Blyssful
November 9th, 2013, 04:51
I like, I like alot... especially the degrees of success portion. Will make our lives so much better. I noticed the Combat tracker in FG 2 version was only available to the GM not sure if this is an intentional thing or was an over sight you weren't aware of due to running the games.

Paul Pratt
January 6th, 2014, 21:25
First off, fantastic rule set. Thank you for the effort. It has made things much easier. One thing we noted, and wondered, was the initiative rolls. On the character sheet when a player rolls the die is rolled and the report is made, but the modifier is not added to the die roll. In the combat tracker when the GM rolls initiative's it works perfect. We simply added the modifier by hand when players rolled, and wondered if that was the intent or not.

sciencephile
January 7th, 2014, 01:06
Yeah, I found that problem too and have fixed it locally. I was waiting for the dust of the base 3.0 - 3.02 versions to settle. I will upload the update by next Monday (I want to test it out in an actual game session first - on Sunday). Thank you for the report.

Qai
January 14th, 2014, 14:12
I'm getting a nil index error when trying to access the stats of an NPC from the combat tracker. Regular PCs are fine, just the NPCs producing the error. After it gives the error the NPC character sheet pops up and is completely blank (as if creating a new character altogether).

sciencephile
January 14th, 2014, 15:43
Please try downloading the newest version and try again (I am unable to reproduce this error).

Qai
January 15th, 2014, 00:49
I thought it was a ruleset error but apparently it was something with FG itself. It was logged as a fix by Moon Wizard earlier today. All is working! :)

radekg
November 11th, 2014, 21:07
Hi!
Can you share your work so far? I would like to update it to Dark Heresy 2nd edition and it would be a great start.

Thanks!
Radek.